• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
can't wait untill we go to war, get a army ,besiege a city ,demand tribute of one thousand cats and one thousand swallows, get them,set them on fire just outside the city and release them, really bring out my inner genghis

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
With the last update, makes me think that the dev enjoys a little Warhammer lol. Cult of Nergal and Sisters of War? You mean Nergle and Sisters of Battle? lol

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
With the last update, makes me think that the dev enjoys a little Warhammer lol. Cult of Nergal and Sisters of War? You mean Nergle and Sisters of Battle? lol
While Vander may be familiar with WH, "Nergal" (with that spelling) is much, much, much older than Warhammer, being a Mesopotamian deity, and since the rest of the deities referenced in the game are also Mesopotamian (e.g. Ishtar, Ninkasi, Marduk, Ereshkigal), that's a much safer assumption.

Nurgle's name is very likely Games Workshop modifying Nergal's name, so it's more a matter of both Vander and GW using the same source material (Mesopotamian myth).

(Thinking something is a reference to pop culture should lead you to investigating the origins of the pop culture element you think is being referenced, since you may be missing a reference that the pop culture element is itself making.)

As for the Sisters of War, also probably not a WH reference. There's little to no similarity between them and the Adepta Sororitas, for instance.

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
I forgot the game already has centaurs (since one became humanoid) but had asked if Vanderer might add fairies, (were)wolf/canine/lupine humanoids (since there will be cat humanoids) which would be interesting to know but no need to reveal all races being considered (keeps some mystery).

Last edited:

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
i had the same thing for a moment , the plague father would not make a good look for the gals ,but if vanderer ever feels the need to add some activist feminist zoomer im sure he'd give him some inspiration

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
can't wait untill we go to war, get a army ,besiege a city ,demand tribute of one thousand cats and one thousand swallows, get them,set them on fire just outside the city and release them, really bring out my inner genghis
Europeans or African swallows?

I do know a little bit of warhammer, especially rogue trader, but no, Nergal has nothing to do with Nergul. As for the SIsters of Mayhem, the idea of a sisterhood dedicated to battle was probably a little bit inspired by it unconsciously, but not consciously. I just think that a sisterhood of hots and strong women is appealing.

While Vander may be familiar with WH, "Nergal" (with that spelling) is much, much, much older than Warhammer, being a Mesopotamian deity, and since the rest of the deities referenced in the game are also Mesopotamian (e.g. Ishtar, Ninkasi, Marduk, Ereshkigal), that's a much safer assumption.

Nurgle's name is very likely Games Workshop modifying Nergal's name, so it's more a matter of both Vander and GW using the same source material (Mesopotamian myth).

(Thinking something is a reference to pop culture should lead you to investigating the origins of the pop culture element you think is being referenced, since you may be missing a reference that the pop culture element is itself making.)

As for the Sisters of War, also probably not a WH reference. There's little to no similarity between them and the Adepta Sororitas, for instance.
Yep. :D

I forgot the game already has centaurs (since one became humanoid) but had asked if Vanderer might add fairies, (were)wolf/canine/lupine humanoids (since there will be cat humanoids) which would be interesting to know but no need to reveal all races being considered (keeps some mystery).
Faeries, yes. The others...probably not. Not too much into the furry thing to be honest.Centaurs...no, there's none...I think. I am kinda drunk right now, so I could be wrong.

Sorry for the late answer, I missed your last post, and I am vacationing right now.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Europeans or African swallows?
do they different kind of ashes or just one burn better then the other?

edit: i totally missed that reference for a second lol ,it stuck whit me for a bit then i remembered :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanderer

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Faeries, yes. The others...probably not. Not too much into the furry thing to be honest.Centaurs...no, there's none...I think. I am kinda drunk right now, so I could be wrong.
Oops, yeah actually, I don't recall any centaurs... I got mixed-up with another fantasy videogame/visual-novel I was playing a lot recently... though would be neat if these appear. My question about these and (were)wolf humanoids wasn't so much if they're romanceable (I agree, it's weird) just more that if you have cat humanoids, the others also seem like a fantasy race that might be interesting just for the story.
Sorry for the late answer, I missed your last post, and I am vacationing right now.
No problem; thanks for recent updates! :)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Oops, yeah actually, I don't recall any centaurs... I got mixed-up with another fantasy videogame/visual-novel I was playing a lot recently... though would be neat if these appear. My question about these and (were)wolf humanoids wasn't so much if they're romanceable (I agree, it's weird) just more that if you have cat humanoids, the others also seem like a fantasy race that might be interesting just for the story.
It's likely down to what mods exist in HS1. For instance, there are definitely mods that can make characters look decent until you start animating lewds, which would set those races as non-LI purely on a practical level.

Reactions: Vanderer

Digitalzig

Nov 16, 2020
I'm sorry to be that person since I normally am not, but this has been the actual topic for the past five or ten pages and has been answered many many times in that time.

Possibly in the far future but not guaranteed, no for a long time.
I haven't read every commit but I know he doesn't want be king but i figured if he's going to be banging all the women in the house the queen would want some too since she's been single for a long time. She was careful to point out only he could bang the women of the house so it would fit.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 47 Votes