Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Sariel will never step down. Well, at least until she is not capable of ruling anymore. She view her position as the Queen as her duty, even though she don't particulary like the job. And abdicating would mean showing weakness, a thing that she abhors above all.

I will be honest: the MC will not be King. He's not interested. He will learn to appreciate a little more the management side of being a Noble, but he's not about power. Well, not that sort of power.

And the nobility will never accept someone born a commoner as their King.
Spot on with my take on what I have gotten from their conversations and personalities. The MC has already seen what Athagan does and he wants no part of it (he will do it if he has to though). Sariel has shown she takes her position as queen seriously and will do whatever she has to in order to maintain power. That the MC is not interested in that power is partially intriguing to Sariel, therefore, he is not a threat to her position, allowing Sariel to make concessions when the MC pushes his own set opinions regarding Sariel's daughter.

Reactions: Vanderer

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Spot on with my take on what I have gotten from their conversations and personalities. The MC has already seen what Athagan does and he wants no part of it (he will do it if he has to though). Sariel has shown she takes her position as queen seriously and will do whatever she has to in order to maintain power. That the MC is not interested in that power is partially intriguing to Sariel, therefore, he is not a threat to her position, allowing Sariel to make concessions when the MC pushes his own set opinions regarding Sariel's daughter.

Oh, I'm sure Aoife will helpfully guide him. (...since she wanted to be "like Martha is for Agathan" I keep getting this vision of her as the female version of Sgt Walter from Stargate SG-1 when O'Neill got put in command of the SGC. "Did I order one-" "No, milord." "Do I really ne-" "YES, milord.")

Reactions: Mutation8888

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Oh, I'm sure Aoife will helpfully guide him. (...since she wanted to be "like Martha is for Agathan" I keep getting this vision of her as the female version of Sgt Walter from Stargate SG-1 when O'Neill got put in command of the SGC. "Did I order one-" "No, milord." "Do I really ne-" "YES, milord.")
I have no doubt she will be the power behind the scenes. The MC needs it because he could care less other than that the region is successful and safe.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
No, not off the table. But, not an easy conquest.

And in a more general maneer, less LIs are going to join the harem from now on. I will concentrate for a while on the women already in it, mostly.
So nore more maids and soldiers that are already at the MC's home? And then there is several priestesses and I think Vivienne and etc. Going to be a lot of disappointed women in Wildale.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Gods are actually real in your world, so are you going with The Divine Right Of Kings? Because, otherwise, all those nobles are in fact no different from commoners whose ancestors sailed to nobility on a river of blood.
Yea, 'cause royalty wanting to keep "the commoners" out of their playgrounds has always been tied to whether they believe in the gods they worship or not ...
But, but... Laura, Kes, Erica, Miriella, Helen, and Vivian! :p
I don't think we have to worry about Miriella, the team or Laura ... I would say anyone already hinted at is probably still on the table, just maybe not as fast as recent acquisitions. He did just get (at least) five new ladies that he's obligated to knock up sooner rather than later ...

Reactions: Vanderer

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
True but the sometimes less is more. Too many LIs and the games starts to suffer.
Exactly. And several of the actuals LIs have personal stories that need to be resolved.

Now, I didn't say that no new women will join the harem, just that less of them will join now. Recently, there have been new concubines/wife every update or near that, and that's a little bit too much IMO. But the women the MC is currently interested in will have their stories resolved, and he's going to meet exceptional women that he's going to make his. The guy is what he is.

Besides, the story is going to start to pick up soon, and he will going back to adventuring, so there will be less occasion for him.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Gods are actually real in your world, so are you going with The Divine Right Of Kings? Because, otherwise, all those nobles are in fact no different from commoners whose ancestors sailed to nobility on a river of blood.

It's looking increasingly like very few mortals can match MC in terms on raw magically power especially when in comes to fire.
There's really very little stopping MC establishing a new dynasty sooner or later. I know you said MC doesn't seek power but that hasn't be made very explicit or implicit in the game itself
One of the most powerful humans, yes, mortals...there's the high elves, not encountered yet in the VN. And Athagan, that would mop the floor with the MC in seconds. Even Sariel, and Roger, would beat him. They are old, cunning warriors with more tricks in their sleeves that hair on their heads. And dragons. And some other indiividual, some hostiles...

As far as the Crown, no, it is not bestowed to the Aetas Dynasty by any Gods. But, like said before, nobles are nobles...they want to hog the power to themselves. Not all of them, some are genuinely good people that wish the best for their subjects, like Athagan. But some of them are scheming assholes. And other just want to seize the power they can to protect their own in a slowly dying world .

And the MC, well...it's not explicitely stated, but...come on. He's not the type of guy to want to be behind a desk all day long pushing paperwork. And, he genuinely don't care for titles, except for what advantages they provide. And the advantage of being a King come with so much responsablilities... And look how it impacted Sariel life. No, he don't want any of that shit, he's far better off as the heir of Wildale from his POV.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
One of the most powerful humans, yes, mortals...there's the high elves, not encountered yet in the VN. And Athagan, that would mop the floor with the MC in seconds. Even Sariel, and Roger, would beat him. They are old, cunning warriors with more tricks in their sleeves that hair on their heads. And dragons. And some other indiividual, some hostiles...
So you're saying that amount of tricks Sariel has approaches 100k. :p

Digitalzig

Nov 16, 2020
Exactly. And several of the actuals LIs have personal stories that need to be resolved.

Now, I didn't say that no new women will join the harem, just that less of them will join now. Recently, there have been new concubines/wife every update or near that, and that's a little bit too much IMO. But the women the MC is currently interested in will have their stories resolved, and he's going to meet exceptional women that he's going to make his. The guy is what he is.

Besides, the story is going to start to pick up soon, and he will going back to adventuring, so there will be less occasion for him.
since he's now the royal breeder will he get to be with the queen? she did say everyone didn't she?

Reactions: kMimster

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
since he's now the royal breeder will he get to be with the queen? she did say everyone didn't she?
I'm sorry to be that person since I normally am not, but this has been the actual topic for the past five or ten pages and has been answered many many times in that time.

Possibly in the far future but not guaranteed, no for a long time.

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023

As far as the Crown, no, it is not bestowed to the Aetas Dynasty by any Gods. But, like said before, nobles are nobles...they want to hog the power to themselves. Not all of them, some are genuinely good people that wish the best for their subjects, like Athagan. But some of them are scheming assholes. And other just want to seize the power they can to protect their own in a slowly dying world .

And the MC, well...it's not explicitely stated, but...come on. He's not the type of guy to want to be behind a desk all day long pushing paperwork. And, he genuinely don't care for titles, except for what advantages they provide. And the advantage of being a King come with so much responsablilities... And look how it impacted Sariel life. No, he don't want any of that shit, he's far better off as the heir of Wildale from his POV.
You Must trust in the Vanderer for he knows what is right! lol I had said before that I would have liked the option to negotiate further to become King, but that is my own power trip talking. It doesn't fit the character or the story.....and don't think it ever would. Vanderer hasn't faltered yet and hope he never does, so trust that he knows what most of his player base wants. As a Dev you're never going to be able to please everyone that plays your game(s). One good thing though is he's very communicative and seems open to constructive criticism. That alone makes ME a fan lol

xDestiny

Feb 15, 2021
guys, we have the MF Gengis Khan 2.0 with fire magic here. Insane number of wives, girlfriends, lovers, hookups, friends, sex buddies.

Nothing against it, the council always approves games like this.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :HideThePain:

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
guys, we have the MF Gengis Khan 2.0 with fire magic here. Insane number of wives, girlfriends, lovers, hookups, friends, sex buddies.

Nothing against it, the council always approves games like this.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :HideThePain:
Heeeee, Gengis Khan was rapey as fuck, and like to make pyramids with the skulls of his ennemies, including women and children. And cats. So...yeah, my MC is a nicer guy, I hope! :ROFLMAO:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Heeeee, Gengis Khan was rapey as fuck, and like to make pyramids with the skulls of his ennemies, including women and children. And cats. So...yeah, my MC is a nicer guy, I hope! :ROFLMAO:
To think we let the skulls of all those invading orcs go to waste... well, next army of orcs we see, we'll know what to do. :)

• Haha
Reactions: kMimster
4.30 star(s) 47 Votes