Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
With the male start, as mentioned before it's obviously a big part of the game for a fair amount of players and it getting switched out after two weeks with little fanfare is not ideal. Since the streetwalking update is out, it is something I am planning to take a look at soon.

With that said though, it's not something I am entirely familiar with and need to do some research on it. So thoughts on what "does it" for you would be helpful. Keeping i mind I have no intention of going the angst route on the topic. Obviously some new shoes type issues which I have a few of go well in this situation. But I think there might be something a bit more than that I am missing, so thoughts on the matter would be good for me.

Eponym

Nov 13, 2018
There's some weird glitch with my game now where almost every single NPC is black, including Simon in the sex scene.

Fiamos

Jan 4, 2020
With that said though, it's not something I am entirely familiar with and need to do some research on it. So thoughts on what "does it" for you would be helpful.
Now that you mention it, I realize there's so much you can add on to this theme that research is going to be quite a hassle. You might've read by ShindoL or part of it's , if not well they're good starters.

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
With that said though, it's not something I am entirely familiar with and need to do some research on it. So thoughts on what "does it" for you would be helpful. Keeping i mind I have no intention of going the angst route on the topic. Obviously some new shoes type issues which I have a few of go well in this situation. But I think there might be something a bit more than that I am missing, so thoughts on the matter would be good for me.
I can't really speak much for everyone else, and forgive me for not being able to elegantly explain the why, but for me I just kinda like it for the gender bender aspect? Like I don't know when I first started liking gender bender content( 18+ or not), but I've always been intrigued by it, both in how the character acts, reacts, and adapts to it, the how of it happening, the reactions of those around them if any, and just, I dunno the fact that its a thing?

I honestly find it hard to explain why exactly I like it, I kinda just do, but what I would like I guess would be keeping the already existing dialogue changes for having said origin, even if tweaked so Sam sounds more confident/ok with their new body or whatever, and similar bonus stats. Maybe(and I'm sure this kinda loses the point a bit) something akin to being a more tomboyish girl I guess? Just something along the lines of what you've already made/have for the Male Origin would be nice to me.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer or explanation to work with for this.

Essta

Sep 12, 2023
My advice meanwhile would be to get rid of male start entirely. I know, I know, but fact is, this is gonna be really hard without making alternate scenes for most of your game to account for this, it'll always feel like its second fiddle and the people who like it will probably complain about that.

Its no secret that H-Games that have split genders on protagonists either entirely avoid the thing by just not bothering to write the two any different or have a half ass job done on it for the most part, because of the massive workload this involves. So my advice is to do away with it and focus on the Sammy you want to actually write, not the Sammy thats there to appeal to a fetish you dont care about all that much.

And im saying this as someone who somewhat likes genderbender herself. Im not playing Fixer for the genderbender (already because i think its no fun if you cant play the actually male pc for at least a while and see them get feminized over time)

Reactions: Prophet91

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
My advice meanwhile would be to get rid of male start entirely. I know, I know, but fact is, this is gonna be really hard without making alternate scenes for most of your game to account for this, it'll always feel like its second fiddle and the people who like it will probably complain about that.

Its no secret that H-Games that have split genders on protagonists either entirely avoid the thing by just not bothering to write the two any different or have a half ass job done on it for the most part, because of the massive workload this involves. So my advice is to do away with it and focus on the Sammy you want to actually write, not the Sammy thats there to appeal to a fetish you dont care about all that much.

And im saying this as someone who somewhat likes genderbender herself. Im not playing Fixer for the genderbender (already because i think its no fun if you cant play the actually male pc for at least a while and see them get feminized over time)
What are you talking about? The male start has no impact on scenes other than some of Sammy's inner monologue/thoughts.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020

As mention in my previous post, it's a big part of why many play the game so removing it wont happen. Also, it's not like people are asking for entirely new routes added. They are asking for some acknowledgement that it's what they picked. Pretty much the same thing I do with all the origin perks. Also, new body issues are also present for the female start being that it is still a new body.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
So I checked the changelog and see "Fixed a bunch of issues in Haven".
Does this mean that a Virgin Sammy will not wind up pregnant if you play so carefully that she doesn't get boned?
A Sammy that I had deliberately not take any dicks in there somehow wound up pregnant just because.
That really annoyed me.

Buffmutti

Aug 27, 2021
fixer.jpg

I went home together with Robin from school and she left the bus together with me, but when i arrived in my home she obviously has teleported herself to the pub and she stays there until 6 am and then she teleports herself back to her room. Obviously Robin doesn't need to sleep.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
So I checked the changelog and see "Fixed a bunch of issues in Haven".
Does this mean that a Virgin Sammy will not wind up pregnant if you play so carefully that she doesn't get boned?
A Sammy that I had deliberately not take any dicks in there somehow wound up pregnant just because.
That really annoyed me.
There is no forced pregnancy in Haven. Would need more info on the issue to see what's going on.

View attachment 3898221

I went home together with Robin from school and she left the bus together with me, but when i arrived in my home she obviously has teleported herself to the pub and she stays there until 6 am and then she teleports herself back to her room. Obviously Robin doesn't need to sleep.
She randomly goes to the pub instead of home, then sometimes goes to the motel with someone she met and stays the night there. I can't see the time in the pic but I am assuming that's what is going on. Will check to see if some of the timing is off.

Reactions: Feyd

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
She randomly goes to the pub instead of home, then sometimes goes to the motel with someone she met and stays the night there. I can't see the time in the pic but I am assuming that's what is going on. Will check to see if some of the timing is off.
I'm just guessing that there's no check for where she was before deciding to go to the pub. So, for a player who literally just had a scene of Sammy and Robin riding the bus home together, then rather than be inside the apartment Robin is at the bar it just doesn't make sense. It'd obviously be possible to have the check if Robin is going to the bar earlier, then have Robin's dialogue change from "What to go home with me" to "I feel like heading to the bar, want to come with". If it's worth making that or not is obviously a separate thing.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There is no forced pregnancy in Haven. Would need more info on the issue to see what's going on.
All I can tell you is the steps I performed:
Gathered all clues
Did not attempt to distract the guard with fire or any other method
Chose to stick around then immediately changed my mind and left instead

Doctor told me that I got pregnant despite never having boned in her life
Game acted as though I'd met White (or whatever his name is, can't remember) even though I hadn't

It'll be a while before I can supply you with a save file. Starting over just in case it was a random glitch.

cavjustica

Nov 3, 2018
Suggestion: make a starting perk for players that want to enjoy the corruption side more.

I actually been tinkering with the game on my own whenever you update it, but maybe you can make an official thing.

Idea is simple, character should start innocent and fearful of the world (like bambi start), but at same time be exceptionally beautiful and fertile. (like some of the other starts + broodmother). Even better if character START with the "pure virgin" right off the bat.

Idea is to have character go from naive and innocent and attract a lot of noncon and end a slut with a ton of kids or something.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Zen777
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes