jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Thank you for the fix, much appreciated! It’s must be because I play via mobile (iPhone) and was using the safari app and also tried on Firefox.
After playing with the fix, I had the same issue with Maya and Emily’s videos but it’s not every video, so not sure what the issue is
So I've looked into the problem and from what I've gathered is that Safari(actually chrome on iOS as well) does not support webm files. That's why some videos work (they are mp4) and some don't. After the release of 0.01 I switched all media to webp and webm to save space because the folder became very big so now I'm conflicted on what to do :/
I might have found a workaround that some people said worked but we shouldn't get our hopes up.
I'll be using the next 2 versions to test out this workaround.
Since it's unlikely that the workaround will work and because it wouldn't be a good idea to revert back to mp4 due to the scale of the game, I can for now only suggest you look into a browser extension that will allow you to play the media or even better to play the game on laptop if you can.

It's a shame QuickTime player on iOS doesn't support webm.

If the game ever gets accepted into the cool kids club (gamcore, mopoga and such) and if they will allow me to use more space on their servers, I will develop the online versions with mp4, so everyone will be able to play them.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to light!

• Red Heart
Reactions: bradster555

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
So I've looked into the problem and from what I've gathered is that Safari(actually chrome on iOS as well) does not support webm files. That's why some videos work (they are mp4) and some don't. After the release of 0.01 I switched all media to webp and webm to save space because the folder became very big so now I'm conflicted on what to do :/
I might have found a workaround that some people said worked but we shouldn't get our hopes up.
Since it's unlikely that the workaround will work and because it wouldn't be a good idea to revert back to mp4 due to the scale of the game, I can for now only suggest you look into a browser extension that will allow you to play the media or even better to play the game on laptop if you can.

If the game ever gets accepted into the cool kids club (gamcore, mopoga and such) and if they will allow me to use more space on their servers, I will develop the online versions with mp4, so everyone will be able to play them.

Not a problem and thank you for taking the time to look into, it’s appreciated! I will try as I really enjoy the game so far :)

• Star-struck
Reactions: jaquine

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021

What webm format do you use? VP8 or VP9?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
It's very strange, I use the video clip format itself after cropping VP9.

Everything works for me and everything works fine for the players too. So I have a question for the person who doesn't have it working, does he update his browser at all?

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
It's very strange, I use the video clip format itself after cropping VP9.

Everything works for me and everything works fine for the players too. So I have a question for the person who doesn't have it working, does he update his browser at all?
I have no idea. I ran into that problem as well on my phone, didn't work in Safari nor Chrome and I update both :/

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I have no idea. I ran into that problem as well on my phone, didn't work in Safari nor Chrome and I update both :/
I meant the pc version, everything worked well on both browsers.

But maybe the problem is in the phone's archiver. My friend had such a problem, he changed it and used another archiver on his phone and everything worked.

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
I meant the pc version, everything worked well on both browsers.

But maybe the problem is in the phone's archiver. My friend had such a problem, he changed it and used another archiver on his phone and everything worked.
What did he change it to? I use iPhone and is updated to the latest version

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes