bradster555

Jul 21, 2023
is the cheat code still the one in the spoiler?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also is there not a patreon or discord to keep us up to date?

Last edited:

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
is the cheat code still the one in the spoiler?

also is there not a patreon or discord to keep us up to date?
Yes, still the same cheat code. It gives increased stat gain and unlocked new scenes.

Currently no, Patreon is a work in progress and there are currently no plans to make discord. If more people come together I might create it since it could be a good place to report bugs and stay in touch.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bradster555

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
Yes, still the same cheat code. It gives increased stat gain and unlocked new scenes.

Currently no, Patreon is a work in progress and there are currently no plans to make discord. If more people come together I might create it since it could be a good place to report bugs and stay in touch.
Bro the cheat doesn't seem to be working

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Bro the cheat doesn't seem to be working
nothing happens when you enter the cheat but if you receive 4 stamina or 4+ of any stat (love/corr/etc) when interacting with the world, it is working
just to be sure, here it is:
Oh and just to be sure, enter it from the sidebar, not the console

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
nothing happens when you enter the cheat but if you receive 4 stamina or 4+ of any stat (love/corr/etc) when interacting with the world, it is working
just to be sure, here it is:
Oh and just to be sure, enter it from the sidebar, not the console
Is this what you mean by "interacting with the world" 1709147456952.png
There was a university at the beginning and now it doesn't appear anymore. I don't know how to increase intelligent. There is no a library or something on the map.

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Is this what you mean by "interacting with the world" View attachment 3394545
There was a university at the beginning and now it doesn't appear anymore. I don't know how to increase intelligent. There is no a library or something on the map.
Yes... it's a 0.01 build, not the complete version. Intelligence is being worked on as currently there is no need for it.
And like I said here:
Hi, that's only the prologue, more locations will open up with future updates. For now you can only upgrade your stats and the housemates stats to explore side adventures.
Uni will be back in future versions, so far I only built the prologue and the building blocks of the sandbox.

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
Yes... it's a 0.01 build, not the complete version. Intelligence is being worked on as currently there is no need for it.
And like I said here:

Uni will be back in future versions, so far I only built the prologue and the building blocks of the sandbox.
You told me for cheat to work all stats needed to be at least 4. So intelligence as a stat is 0. When I enter 'pineapple' in the text box page refreshes and nothing happens.

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
You told me for cheat to work all stats needed to be at least 4. So intelligence as a stat is 0. When I enter 'pineapple' in the text box page refreshes and nothing happens.
No, what I said was (or what I tried to say was) IF you are getting 4 or more of any stat (when training, socializing, seducing,...) then you can see the cheat is working...
What stats you already have, have no bearing on whether the cheat will work when you input it or not, especially not
Yes, nothing happens because the logic for cheat isn't as important as the game so I didn't waste time developing an interface that would tell you: cheat correct / cheat incorrect

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
No, what I said was (or what I tried to say was) IF you are getting 4 or more of any stat (when training, socializing, seducing,...) then you can see the cheat is working...
What stats you already have, have no bearing on whether the cheat will work when you input it or not, especially not
Yes, nothing happens because the logic for cheat isn't as important as the game so I didn't waste time developing an interface that would tell you: cheat correct / cheat incorrect
You could add a variable that would block the input of cheats and thereby show that you have activated the cheat.

Of course, the game is important, but showing the player that he did everything right is also the main point. I would even say that by this moment you have saved the players and yourself unnecessary questions and explanations.

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
You could add a variable that would block the input of cheats and thereby show that you have activated the cheat.

Of course, the game is important, but showing the player that he did everything right is also the main point. I would even say that by this moment you have saved the players and yourself unnecessary questions and explanations.
You're right there. I'll have to do something for the next version.
I should've said "wasn't" as important at the time. Eventually, everything needs to be done anyway.
Thank you for the tip!

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
You're right there. I'll have to do something for the next version.
I should've said "wasn't" as important at the time. Eventually, everything needs to be done anyway.
Thank you for the tip!
Remember when you do what things, try to explain them or make a very intuitive understandable system.

The players in their gray mass are stupid, and you have to accept this fact so that they don't have a problem with such moments. This way, they have fewer questions for you, and you don't have wasted time that you can usefully spend.

And to make it even easier to explain to the player how to play your game, the prologue is the perfect place for this task. It can show not only the context of the game, but also serve as a place where you can explain to the player what to do in the game.

jaquine

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Remember when you do what things, try to explain them or make a very intuitive understandable system.

The players in their gray mass are stupid, and you have to accept this fact so that they don't have a problem with such moments. This way, they have fewer questions for you, and you don't have wasted time that you can usefully spend.

And to make it even easier to explain to the player how to play your game, the prologue is the perfect place for this task. It can show not only the context of the game, but also serve as a place where you can explain to the player what to do in the game.
I might have to redo the prologue or at least upgrade it in a way that makes sense with that in mind. You gave me a lot to think about. Thank you for that!

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes