NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
I definitely preferred LE and ToN to TGO, my favourite, by far, being ToN.

But I can’t really put my finger on why so I thought a little and I wonder whether some of it was how I played the games.

ToN was the first game I discovered, it was fully released by then so I could play it how I wanted, just 10 minutes or a whole hour or more. Also chests and keys were all available for the accessible areas - I’ll come to that later. I then went onto LE and although the graphics weren’t as good I enjoyed being able to play the whole game how I wanted.

With TGO, apart from the initial demo, I played each update as it arrived. This meant waiting two weeks to play a few minutes of gameplay. This meant I had a big build up of anticipation which often was satisfied by the tiny fragment of new gameplay. Also as each update was self contained there was always a known number of keys, chests, extras to find, which detracted from the exploration element of the game. Same goes with video guides, with each update of a few minutes play there would be a dedicated video guide, so it was very easy and quick to get help when you got stuck.

Maybe if I went back and played TGO as a full game I might have a better opinion of it, can’t bring myself to do that yet, maybe in a few months.

blubberina

May 29, 2017
Thank you everyone for following along and for those who gave it a like (y). Hopefully it's helped to make your playthrough a little bit smoother. I've attached my 100% save file for those who want it (read the FAQs General Questions section for where to paste the save).

<= v0.99 guide here
Hi, when loading your savefile it says just 66% completed?!

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Sincere congratulations to NLT Media for completing another big game.

You might have criticisms of the game or even dislike it entirely, but completing a project of this magnitude and quality, and meeting bi-weekly deadlines, demands a level of discipline that's quite rare to find.

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
Wow, it's finally done huh? Nice.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared to even play it. ToN was so long, I was exhausted by the end. Wish I had more time

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
i thought they would finally complete the map somehow.
and turns out they just remove those unused door entirely.
the map planning is worse than treasure of nadia that's for sure.

3.70 star(s) 236 Votes