jansell

Apr 20, 2021
People should also consider foreigners when criticizing piracy.

I've subscribed to NLT for a few months in the past. Problem is that currently BRL is 4.7x USD. 20 dollars becomes almost 100 reais, with is roughly 8% of a minimum wage (1212 BRL). It's simply too much for a 5 minutes gameplay, like mentioned above.

If we consider the US's minimum wage of 7.25 USD for 172h/month like Brazil, that would be 1276 USD - thus the patreon costs only 0.4% of that.

I make a lot more than a minimum wage - but I doubt many of you would pay ~80 dollars for a subscription like we do here comparatively.
man you said it all
I earn BRL R$1.500 it's too hard to keep

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

I've subscribed to NLT for a few months in the past. Problem is that currently BRL is 4.7x USD. 20 dollars becomes almost 100 reais, with is roughly 8% of a minimum wage (1212 BRL). It's simply too much for a 5 minutes gameplay, like mentioned above.

If we consider the US's minimum wage of 7.25 USD for 172h/month like Brazil, that would be 1276 USD - thus the patreon costs only 0.4% of that.

I make a lot more than a minimum wage - but I doubt many of you would pay ~80 dollars for a subscription like we do here comparatively.
Nothing wrong with pirating or paying later on via Steam etc... but people comparing an indie developer with a multi-billion dollar company are uneducated brats that never have heard of economies of scale.
Exactly! Even the triple-A game sells only for $60-70 these days and it offers at least 20 hours of gameplay~! Paying $20 for only 2 updates and 10mins of playing is just too damn much~!

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019

I've subscribed to NLT for a few months in the past. Problem is that currently USD is 4.7x BRL. 20 dollars becomes almost 100 reais, with is roughly 8% of a minimum wage (1212 BRL). It's simply too much for a 5 minutes gameplay, like mentioned above.

I make a lot more than a minimum wage - but I doubt many of you would pay ~100 dollars for a subscription like we do here comparatively, regardless of how much you earn.
Well, considering this game updates every 15 days you still on a high note. There are games like a wife and a mother, guy releases the game every 8 months that lasts for like 1 min if you hold ctrl to skip dialog with no sex scenes and the price is like 30 euros, I mean... priorities right?

• Haha
Reactions: LMtheBo$$

reaperxma

Apr 6, 2021
Nothing wrong with pirating or paying later on via Steam etc... but people comparing an indie developer with a multi-billion dollar company are uneducated brats that never have heard of economies of scale.
You have no idea of what you are talking about, do you? you do realize that are tons of indie devs who sell their games only for $20-40 on steam, and that's the full version of the game, that offers at least 5-10 hours of gameplay, so whoever thinks that charges people $23 per a month for only 2 updates and 10 mins of gameplay is duo to the scale problem, well, then you should really need to get to know the game industry better and find out how much it really costs for making an indie game~!

3.70 star(s) 236 Votes