VN Ren'Py The Gilded Ladder [v0.1.4] [Sanguineangie]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
[*]New locations planned include, but are not limited to: a scientific lab, houses, transportation hub, one or more local places near the office for additional encounters
200.gif

This sounds like sandbox is going to be in the plans, is it the "grindfest" type or just places for different events?

Leaving that aside this reminds me of the Html game "The Company", since the overview says that everything is avoidable I must ask, is the Mc who ends up sissified, or the Mc sissifying others through experiments?

Good luck.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Looks like some cheap game made on a potatoe PC, renders are really bad, the story seems to be unexistent and it will probably just be a compilation of bad fuck scenes happening in a closet or on a toilet seat .. great !!

• Haha
Reactions: sanguineangie

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Planned Tags
Sexual Content: Anal Sex , Ahegao , Bdsm , Big Ass , Big Tits , Blackmail , Cheating , Exhibitionism , Female domination , Futa/Trans , Gay , Groping , Handjob , Harem(you sure?) , Interracial , Lesbian , Male Domination , Masturbation , Milf , Oral Sex , Prostitution , Sex Toys , Sexual Harassment , Sissification , Spanking , Stripping , Teasing , Titfuck , Transformation , Trap , Vaginal sex , Voyeurism, Dating Sim , Office setting
FIND THE TAG THAT'S MISSING. _ _ _
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can see where this is going

dumpster-fire-disaster.gif

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
Not a lot to go based on atm, but characters seem decent, simple to start, but can easily be built on. Science characters always seem like a good idea cause you can go in almost any direction. Will definitely keep my eye on this one, i think the next update will need a fair bit of content, and at least a couple of proper scenes those. Releases like these are just a massive tease.

Also since you are going with gay/straight/ futa, would personally be up to see some femboy characters, since its kind of the middle of the road to all of those. But you do you, either way good job on art and writing thus far!

Ditrikn

Nov 19, 2018
The game looks promising. I was pleased with the presence of futa/trans content. Continue developing your project. The downside is that there is very little content and no sound.

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
Looks promising a lot of things to choose from, that could lead to some interesting things.
Cant wait to see what this dev has to offer.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Can you really look at the mc and not know the answer to that question? :KEK:

He is definitely sucking cock by 0.2.

Although in fairness you can just, like, not pick that option. But for now Joseph is the only other man in the game and doesn't seem like an obvious candidate for the sissification/trap tags.

All of that may change, this is just a brief intro, but yeah.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Can you really look at the mc and not know the answer to that question? :KEK:

He is definitely sucking cock by 0.2.
In my defense I didn't know that was the Mc :KEK: I thought he was just another male npc from the office, but yes, if that is the Mc the answer is obvious with that body and also Gregers post mc already looks like the typical sissy material.

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

A new bi game is always welcome. And the result is too short to really assess it.

The worldbuilding is very limited.
The characters are few and different.
The plot is generic and could lead everywhere.
The artistic side is correct and could be better.

We play as a male scientist joining a new company.
The characters are diverse and nice. The protagonist seems to have a good personality, a little too easily distracted though.
As for the game itself, it's just an introduction asking our preferences and presenting our coworkers.
The artistic side is average and could be improved. Compared to other actual games, it won't help it stand out. The models are good and different from usual. Only a man and a trans among many women, making dedicated paths very restrictive.
The sex scene was well done, though it's just a woman pleasuring herself at work.

Why is Joseph called Kelly Holmes in the dream sequence?

A default name would be nice.

Good continuation.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Only a man and a trans among many women, making dedicated paths very restrictive.
Two of the women are implied to be trans, Chrissy and Xhiang (the former is shown to be so, the latter is just depicted as such in the MC's daydream, which raises the question of how he would know that).

[ETA: I am wrong here, as the dev points out below.]

Other than those two, you've probably got one cis dude, Joseph, and three cis women, April, Kelly, and Divya. At least there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Yeah, that's a straight up error. k.c instead of j.c in the script.

To judge from the script, the default name was supposed to be Donald Smith, it just doesn't get set properly. It gets overwritten even if you leave the prompt empty.

In other small niggles, I hit one missing image when skimming through it:

Last edited:

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
Wow, this blew up while I was at work.

Overall: I was not surprised by the feedback, so I am glad to see that where I thought it was generally aligns with what everyone else thinks. I thought I would be able to get away with 2K sampling, but that is obviously not the case. Also, yes, content is quite low. With all that in mind, I think my next step is not to simply fix this version to handle the bugs and such (a version 0.1.1... unless people think it is worth patching immediately), but I think I am going to go with a version 0.2... adding some more content, fixing expressions and re-shooting all of the scenes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback (even the facepalms and sad faces)! Stay tuned for more info and updates.

Will the player character get dominated or will they dominate? Or both?
With a few of the LIs, they will have the option of one or both and I plan to have that made possible based on decisions, so some attribute changes over time as you interact with that LI.

android mac is planned in future or not?
One of my friends noted that a lot of people play on androids, which honestly, I did not know. Based on the feedback I am seeing, I am probably going to do a version 0.2 with some new scenes and re-renderings of everything at higher res and at that point I will at least test Android. I do not have a Mac, so I can't really test that, but I will package the game with said note.

The ideas and characters are promising, but that's it right now. Very light on content. I'm definitely interested in seeing more, will this play like a Sandbox, or will the encounters playout in a linear order?
Agreed. I am an Agile practicioner, so maybe my Minimum Viable Product was a little too light. I am wrestling with whether to go with a Sandbox or keep it linear. I am being very cautious about a sandbox, because the ones I have played get very grindy with little payoff. Maybe if I can find a good balance.

I was playing around with a map system with icons of where all the characters are, so you aren't hunting around for them. Got the idea from DMing on roll20 :)

Transformation, sisification, gay, futa, voyeurism, prostitution + Harem. I am sure this will work perfectly for the dev. *hits watch* :BootyTime:
Yeahhhhh, it's going to be some work. One "fetish" at a time. :)

these graphics feel like they're from the Sims lmao. like the stills look okay, but some of the facial animations are just goofy
Ouch, haha. Not going to lie, I agree. I used Genesis 8 Face Controls and... they were not good. I have a plan to create partial poses of facial expressions and then to merge those into scenes in the future. I will also be on the hunt for better expression software.

View attachment 3012933

This sounds like sandbox is going to be in the plans, is it the "grindfest" type or just places for different events?

Leaving that aside this reminds me of the Html game "The Company", since the overview says that everything is avoidable I must ask, is the Mc who ends up sissified, or the Mc sissifying others through experiments?

Good luck.
I have a mjor preference for if sandbox exists, it will be events at different locations, or allowing you to relive certain moments. I have played some of the pure sandboxes and it gets boring delivering pizza over and over if you know what I mean (though otherwise, love that game).

Looks like some cheap game made on a potatoe PC, renders are really bad, the story seems to be unexistent and it will probably just be a compilation of bad fuck scenes happening in a closet or on a toilet seat .. great !!
Not potatoe PC, potateoe GPU ;-). I used Daz3D and didn't realize that rendering was not happening on my Radeon GPU... because it isn't NVIDIA, and Daz3D uses Iray (duh!)... a lesson I learned. So it was my CPU that was doing all of the work... roughly 1hr45mins per 2K sampling for a 16:9 render. I will be trying to either emulate Iray on my Radeon or simply buying an NVIDIA (my GPU is quite old at this point, anyways).

since you are going with gay/straight/ futa, would personally be up to see some femboy characters, since its kind of the middle of the road to all of those. But you do you, either way good job on art and writing thus far!
I really never thought of a femboy, but I think there is room for one. I plan for the next chapter to introduce more characters. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

The game looks promising. I was pleased with the presence of futa/trans content. Continue developing your project. The downside is that there is very little content and no sound.
I agree, content is very slim. I plan to follow up with more conent quickly, but wanted to get some feedback. In terms of sound, I assume you mean music and sound effects? I generally mute music and sound effects, but maybe I am in the minority?

Hello.

A new bi game is always welcome. And the result is too short to really assess it.

The worldbuilding is very limited.
The characters are few and different.
The plot is generic and could lead everywhere.
The artistic side is correct and could be better.

We play as a male scientist joining a new company.
The characters are diverse and nice. The protagonist seems to have a good personality, a little too easily distracted though.
As for the game itself, it's just an introduction asking our preferences and presenting our coworkers.
The artistic side is average and could be improved. Compared to other actual games, it won't help it stand out. The models are good and different from usual. Only a man and a trans among many women, making dedicated paths very restrictive.
The sex scene was well done, though it's just a woman pleasuring herself at work.

Good continuation.
All your feedback is fair and aligns with most of my expectations. Yeah, thats a code error which is explained later here.

Two of the women are implied to be trans, Chrissy and Xhiang (the former is shown to be so, the latter is just depicted as such in the MC's daydream, which raises the question of how he would know that).

Other than those two, you've probably got one cis dude, Joseph, and three cis women, April, Kelly, and Divya. At least there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Yeah, that's a straigt up error. k.c instead of j.c in the script.

To judge from the script, the default name was supposed to be Donald Smith, it just doesn't get set properly. It gets overwritten even if you leave the prompt empty.

In other small niggles, I hit one missing image when skimming through it:
You are right about Chrissy, obviously. For Xhiang, after hearing you mention that, I can see why you came to that conclusion, but she is not. I was going to have April say something about "roast beef", but felt like that may have been a bit too cruel, haha.

Thank you so much for your error feedback. It will be fixed in the next version.

Really grainy renders there at the end. Also there is almost nothing in this atm so meh not much to judge.
Can't argue with any of that. I thought 2K samples was going to be enough, and I think during the day it is "ok", but in low-light, the granularity of the lower sampling is enhanced.

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022

Overall: I was not surprised by the feedback, so I am glad to see that where I thought it was generally aligns with what everyone else thinks. I thought I would be able to get away with 2K sampling, but that is obviously not the case. Also, yes, content is quite low. With all that in mind, I think my next step is not to simply fix this version to handle the bugs and such (a version 0.1.1... unless people think it is worth patching immediately), but I think I am going to go with a version 0.2... adding some more content, fixing expressions and re-shooting all of the scenes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback (even the facepalms and sad faces)! Stay tuned for more info and updates.

With a few of the LIs, they will have the option of one or both and I plan to have that made possible based on decisions, so some attribute changes over time as you interact with that LI.

One of my friends noted that a lot of people play on androids, which honestly, I did not know. Based on the feedback I am seeing, I am probably going to do a version 0.2 with some new scenes and re-renderings of everything at higher res and at that point I will at least test Android. I do not have a Mac, so I can't really test that, but I will package the game with said note.

Agreed. I am an Agile practicioner, so maybe my Minimum Viable Product was a little too light. I am wrestling with whether to go with a Sandbox or keep it linear. I am being very cautious about a sandbox, because the ones I have played get very grindy with little payoff. Maybe if I can find a good balance.

I was playing around with a map system with icons of where all the characters are, so you aren't hunting around for them. Got the idea from DMing on roll20 :)

Ouch, haha. Not going to lie, I agree. I used Genesis 8 Face Controls and... they were not good. I have a plan to create partial poses of facial expressions and then to merge those into scenes in the future. I will also be on the hunt for better expression software.

I have a mjor preference for if sandbox exists, it will be events at different locations, or allowing you to relive certain moments. I have played some of the pure sandboxes and it gets boring delivering pizza over and over if you know what I mean (though otherwise, love that game).

Not potatoe PC, potateoe GPU ;-). I used Daz3D and didn't realize that rendering was not happening on my Radeon GPU... because it isn't NVIDIA, and Daz3D uses Iray (duh!)... a lesson I learned. So it was my CPU that was doing all of the work... roughly 1hr45mins per 2K sampling for a 16:9 render. I will be trying to either emulate Iray on my Radeon or simply buying an NVIDIA (my GPU is quite old at this point, anyways).

I really never thought of a femboy, but I think there is room for one. I plan for the next chapter to introduce more characters. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

I agree, content is very slim. I plan to follow up with more conent quickly, but wanted to get some feedback. In terms of sound, I assume you mean music and sound effects? I generally mute music and sound effects, but maybe I am in the minority?

All your feedback is fair and aligns with most of my expectations. Yeah, thats a code error which is explained later here.

You are right about Chrissy, obviously. For Xhiang, after hearing you mention that, I can see why you came to that conclusion, but she is not. I was going to have April say something about "roast beef", but felt like that may have been a bit too cruel, haha.

Thank you so much for your error feedback. It will be fixed in the next version.

Can't argue with any of that. I thought 2K samples was going to be enough, and I think during the day it is "ok", but in low-light, the granularity of the lower sampling is enhanced.
The real question here is what's Chrissy's preferred role?

MadfireMonkey

Dec 1, 2022

Im pretty sure we would have seen Xhiangs dick in the poses considering she wasn't wearing underwear but the confusion I guess was that you wrote freeballing instead of freemuffing

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes