VN Ren'Py The Gilded Ladder [v0.1.4] [Sanguineangie]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
You are absolutely correct, nothing to be shamed about, just wanted her to have some sort of journey.

I do not own a mac or any apple products. For some reason I thought the mac builds required a developer key you had to pay for, but apparently that is only for iOS. I will not develop for iOS till it is free.

I just made this Mac build for you. I have not tested it and have no ability to do so. I will gladly take your input if any issues but I cannot make any promises about whether it works or not.

Really glad you like it! Chrissy and Soumya have been the big favorites so far with my patrons, and Divya and the younger asian girl on the subway were the next votes. Andi and Kelly aren't going to vanish.

Your words are very kind, its these kind of posts that really keep me going. Thanks!

Sorry to hear he does not tickle your fancy. Did you have a particular look in mind?

The order from end of 0.1.3 was Soumya arriving and the argument, then the girls changing in the bathroom, then settling in at the party, with Chrissy and Soumya arriving last.

You may have had some errors in there. During my development, I am often changing code across the game, so unfortunately, old saves may not stand the test of time. I had some ideas of possibly providing save files for the different branches during each release, especially if code changes impacting previous releases happen. This may be an area I need to imporve and may also be impacting the issues relating to the characters name returning to default.

Thanks so much! Whenever you see me announce v0.2, don't sleep on it... that is going to have at least three 400-frame sex animations!
a trans girl will be the star of any story where harams and such are concerned -- overcoming stigma and their dysphoria gives them more weight to character and relationship developments.

Reactions: sanguineangie

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
You are absolutely correct, nothing to be shamed about, just wanted her to have some sort of journey.

I do not own a mac or any apple products. For some reason I thought the mac builds required a developer key you had to pay for, but apparently that is only for iOS. I will not develop for iOS till it is free.

I just made this Mac build for you. I have not tested it and have no ability to do so. I will gladly take your input if any issues but I cannot make any promises about whether it works or not.

Really glad you like it! Chrissy and Soumya have been the big favorites so far with my patrons, and Divya and the younger asian girl on the subway were the next votes. Andi and Kelly aren't going to vanish.

Your words are very kind, its these kind of posts that really keep me going. Thanks!

Sorry to hear he does not tickle your fancy. Did you have a particular look in mind?

The order from end of 0.1.3 was Soumya arriving and the argument, then the girls changing in the bathroom, then settling in at the party, with Chrissy and Soumya arriving last.

You may have had some errors in there. During my development, I am often changing code across the game, so unfortunately, old saves may not stand the test of time. I had some ideas of possibly providing save files for the different branches during each release, especially if code changes impacting previous releases happen. This may be an area I need to imporve and may also be impacting the issues relating to the characters name returning to default.

Thanks so much! Whenever you see me announce v0.2, don't sleep on it... that is going to have at least three 400-frame sex animations!
Trans girls need own their masculine side, as well.

Reactions: Melmoth99

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018

In all truth, I love all but one as love interests so far, (Joseph) don't get me wrong, he's sound as a pound, a guid pal, just not the type of LI's that interest me.

Soumya is actually tied for 3rd place with Kelly for me, both are flirty, horny and sexy as fuck.

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
I just realized that you asked me where I have been, hahaha.

I'm here, jsut been working over at game for a long time. I did some animations and other tech things that were challenging, and because it was taking so long, decided to release what I had.

I think the next patch will be ready sooner and will have sex animations. Hope things are going well with you! My patreon always has updates if you want to get constant updates. I assumed people didn't want that here.

Yeah, searching for one random thing is annoying. It is why I do these replies with multiple people at once, so I can just read my own posts. :) And if I am replying, it generally means I care about what the person has said.

Oh crap, I will have to look into that. Did you open an old save or did you start from the beginning? Did you crash at any point and then it started using the name Donald?

There is a romance option currently in the game with Joseph, a daydream scene of him, as well as the ability to stare at his penis with x-ray vision. An animated sex scene between MC and Joe is rendered and ready to go for v0.2.

Hope springs eternal. ;-)

View attachment 3684552

Mystery solved!

Oh wow, you made a Spanish version of the game. That is so cool! Did you translate the game manually? I would be glad to give you a free patreon membership or something if you want to do it for new versions? I can also add you to credits. Let me know if you are interested. So very cool!

Yeah, I have not gotten as far as I wanted with sex scenes with Joe. As I said above though, I do already have a sex scene between Joe and MC already rendered and ready for v0.2. I promise they are coming, but understandably, I probably should have kept "gay" in the planned tags for time being.
No just started at my last save and the name changes

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
a trans girl will be the star of any story where harams and such are concerned -- overcoming stigma and their dysphoria gives them more weight to character and relationship developments.
Absolutely!

Trans girls need own their masculine side, as well.
Everyone needs a little big D energy!

In all truth, I love all but one as love interests so far, (Joseph) don't get me wrong, he's sound as a pound, a guid pal, just not the type of LI's that interest me.

Soumya is actually tied for 3rd place with Kelly for me, both are flirty, horny and sexy as fuck.
Glad you like them!

No just started at my last save and the name changes
Hmm, I will do some research and see if I can set things up better. I wonder if the names and such need to be persistent variables...

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
sanguineangie Could you please clarify the "romance options" term? Let me explain the question: does it mean that all the sex in the game involves actual romantic feelings between characters? I'm looking for a game with a similar broad spectrum of choices as yours, where most relationships can be maintained at a casual/lust level, but with some character progression, perhaps with the possibility of furthering one of any of those relationships, but with as little loss of content as possible if you choose not to. Some of my favourite games frustrate me because of either branching paths (where pursuing one LI locks you out of other possibilities) or, in the other extreme, a very detatched MC that's up for fucking anyone, without showing any preference or development. I can imagine how this may be hard to accomplish... The perfect blend between VN and RPG :p Such as stats (preferably not hidden stats) than can sometimes force certain options on the MC, and a game layout that's open enough to let you plan your game in order to get the desired outcomes of each episode, by managing your stats over time. For example, if you wanted to avoid getting caught cheating on a jealous NPC, triggering a sequence that will have them also cheat on you, you need to avoid being at the mall on Friday afternoons with high lust. But, conversely, you might want such an outcome, so you could manage things in order to get there.

Hey, I'm sorry I wrote a bit too much, just wanted to ask a question and ended up making a lot of unsolicited suggestions! Cheers, thanks and have fun making your game!

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
sanguineangie Could you please clarify the "romance options" term? Let me explain the question: does it mean that all the sex in the game involves actual romantic feelings between characters? I'm looking for a game with a similar broad spectrum of choices as yours, where most relationships can be maintained at a casual/lust level, but with some character progression, perhaps with the possibility of furthering one of any of those relationships, but with as little loss of content as possible if you choose not to. Some of my favourite games frustrate me because of either branching paths (where pursuing one LI locks you out of other possibilities) or, in the other extreme, a very detatched MC that's up for fucking anyone, without showing any preference or development. I can imagine how this may be hard to accomplish... The perfect blend between VN and RPG :p Such as stats (preferably not hidden stats) than can sometimes force certain options on the MC, and a game layout that's open enough to let you plan your game in order to get the desired outcomes of each episode, by managing your stats over time. For example, if you wanted to avoid getting caught cheating on a jealous NPC, triggering a sequence that will have them also cheat on you, you need to avoid being at the mall on Friday afternoons with high lust. But, conversely, you might want such an outcome, so you could manage things in order to get there.

Hey, I'm sorry I wrote a bit too much, just wanted to ask a question and ended up making a lot of unsolicited suggestions! Cheers, thanks and have fun making your game!
"Romance options" is a very broad word in this case. Let me be blunt: to have sex with some of the characters, there are varying degrees of work that has to be put in. For instance, the prostitute in subway requires pretty much nothing but a yes. Soumya, Chrissy and Joe, since they are the first primary characters that you can have sex with, I have had to make their barrier to entry low. Some of the characters will allow you to have casual sex, some may expect a relationship before sex or will want a relationship to develop after casual sex.

I do not have stats right now. I kind of hate stats when it comes to whether you have a relationship with someone or not, because it is about discrete events in time, not your strength or charisma (as examples). And what stats end up doing is they are just a numerical assignment based on decisions, and I just find it weird that you could call woman A a bitch over and over, but because you were nice to everyone else, your charisma score is good enough to still have sex with woman A. I think stats are appropriate for sandbox games because of the difficulty of tracking all player scenarios, whereas this game is linear with some branches, and thus Stats would probably feel very arbitrary. Because I am avoiding stats, stats will not force certain options, decisions will. This is a very events-driven game.

This game will then frustrate you in some cases, because for example, if you fuck around with Soumya, Divya is not going to be a possibility anytime soon. She will resent you, as one would expect in real life. That is how jealousy is injected into the game as well. Also, patreon ToS keeps you from, say, having Soumya and Divya at the same time (not happening, though I am sure my patrons wish).

Totally fine with "unsolicited feedback", thank you! All constructive criticism is very much sought. I do want to make a game at somepoint that is perhaps more stats driven and maybe a sandbox, but to make things easy for myself, I am keeping it events-driven.

Please join as a member on the patreon, I am very active there.

jose canseco

May 19, 2024
"Romance options" is a very broad word in this case. Let me be blunt: to have sex with some of the characters, there are varying degrees of work that has to be put in. For instance, the prostitute in subway requires pretty much nothing but a yes. Soumya, Chrissy and Joe, since they are the first primary characters that you can have sex with, I have had to make their barrier to entry low. Some of the characters will allow you to have casual sex, some may expect a relationship before sex or will want a relationship to develop after casual sex.

I do not have stats right now. I kind of hate stats when it comes to whether you have a relationship with someone or not, because it is about discrete events in time, not your strength or charisma (as examples). And what stats end up doing is they are just a numerical assignment based on decisions, and I just find it weird that you could call woman A a bitch over and over, but because you were nice to everyone else, your charisma score is good enough to still have sex with woman A. I think stats are appropriate for sandbox games because of the difficulty of tracking all player scenarios, whereas this game is linear with some branches, and thus Stats would probably feel very arbitrary. Because I am avoiding stats, stats will not force certain options, decisions will. This is a very events-driven game.

This game will then frustrate you in some cases, because for example, if you fuck around with Soumya, Divya is not going to be a possibility anytime soon. She will resent you, as one would expect in real life. That is how jealousy is injected into the game as well. Also, patreon ToS keeps you from, say, having Soumya and Divya at the same time (not happening, though I am sure my patrons wish).

Totally fine with "unsolicited feedback", thank you! All constructive criticism is very much sought. I do want to make a game at somepoint that is perhaps more stats driven and maybe a sandbox, but to make things easy for myself, I am keeping it events-driven.

Please join as a member on the patreon, I am very active there.
This post is mouthwatering. I love it. MORE updates please

CV3

Apr 6, 2022
sanguineangie
I see you posted a poll in your patreon about NTR, so could you give us more information about it?

How will it be implemented?(IF it will be implemented) Will it be an importantpart of the history or something that could be avoided/ turned off like gay and trans content? Will it be restricted to specific characters or any LI will be able to cheat?

And since I'm already making a lot of questions, do you have plans to add sharing, swinging or MMF content?

Last edited:

jose canseco

May 19, 2024
sanguineangie
I see you posted a pool in your patreon about NTR, so could you give us more information about it?

How will it be implemented?(IF it will be implemented) Will it be an importantpart of the history or something that could be avoided/ turned off like gay and trans content? Will it be restricted to specific characters or any LI will be able to cheat?

And since I'm already making a lot of questions, do you have plans to add sharing, swinging or MMF content?
NTR = No thanks renaldo

• Haha

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
sanguineangie
I see you posted a pool in your patreon about NTR, so could you give us more information about it?

I think you missed reading the comments where I stated NTR would not be implemented based on the vote outcome and the fact that NTR was not a planned tag to begin with.

In terms of sharing and swinging, I could see that happening. I don't know about MMF, no plans at the moment.

CV3

Apr 6, 2022
I think you missed reading the comments where I stated NTR would not be implemented based on the vote outcome and the fact that NTR was not a planned tag to begin with.
Yeah, I can only see that you created the poll but not the results or comments. Anyways thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes