msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hey TrustyOldPatches

Well I am looking fwd to seeing the reworked game. I liked the original one but I get that as the creator new/different ideas or creative will come after the work is done. I am sure the experience of making the OG game will only make the rework better.

I have been waiting for the sequel for some time but I am trusting I won't have to wait long. Any idea on the ETA for reworked game and sequel?

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Hey TrustyOldPatches

Well I am looking fwd to seeing the reworked game. I liked the original one but I get that as the creator new/different ideas or creative will come after the work is done. I am sure the experience of making the OG game will only make the rework better.

I have been waiting for the sequel for some time but I am trusting I won't have to wait long. Any idea on the ETA for reworked game and sequel?
Not yet sorry.

Have in mind that this is a hobby for me, not a job. I work on those games because I like it. I have a real job, a family and other hobbies, so while I try to work on this at a decent pace, don't expect super fast releases.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Not yet sorry.

Have in mind that this is a hobby for me, not a job. I work on those games because I like it. I have a real job, a family and other hobbies, so while I try to work on this at a decent pace, don't expect super fast releases.
Oh I know. Not trying to push for an answer. Just asking out of curiosity.

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Old vs new Morgana. Pretty big change for her, but I feel it was needed as I'm completely rewriting her.
I like the old Morgana, The red hair, the innocent pure slim face, the eye make-up, the slender figure, pale complexity ...
She looks like this undiscovered nerdy student beauty that was hidden away in some library.

Last edited:

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I like the old Morgana, The red hair, the innocent pure slim face, the eye make-up, the slender figure, pale complexity ...
She looks like this undiscovered nerdy student beauty that was hidden away in some library.
Yeah but that doesn't fit with her new story or personality.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Hi, just some of my thoughts on the news:

Yharnam is a bit mixed for me too: the original version is pretty, but in a "plain" way. The new one looks a bit more like a model than an adventurer to me. Maybe it's just the makeup, i'm not sure. I'll probably need to see her in her outfit or in action to be able to say more. She looks good, but in a very different way than the original.
I also see that you went back to pick bigger nipples again. I was wondering when you would do that, because that was a very noticeable feature of the original design.

Morgana is just an upgrade for me. The stronger color contrast makes her eye color and freckles a lot more visible which is a nice detail that got lost in some scenes because of the lighting.

Overall, i still praise this version for it's simple, to the point nature. Yeah, the choices weren't exactly complicated, but what mattered to me is that they weren't ignored: there was always a slight change in the later dialogue to reference the choices, so they were simple, but meaningful.

It seems like you are well into the planning of the remake, and fortunately it sounds like you are doing it because you want to change things based on what you have learned after developing the current version, which is ok. Just please don't go into the remake with the idea that the original is somehow not good enough or bad, because this version is great as it is.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Overall, i still praise this version for it's simple, to the point nature. Yeah, the choices weren't exactly complicated, but what mattered to me is that they weren't ignored: there was always a slight change in the later dialogue to reference the choices, so they were simple, but meaningful.

It seems like you are well into the planning of the remake, and fortunately it sounds like you are doing it because you want to change things based on what you have learned after developing the current version, which is ok. Just please don't go into the remake with the idea that the original is somehow not good enough or bad, because this version is great as it is.
I absolutely agree with you.
TrustyOldPatches I think almost all who played your game would agree.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Hi, just some of my thoughts on the news:

Yharnam is a bit mixed for me too: the original version is pretty, but in a "plain" way. The new one looks a bit more like a model than an adventurer to me. Maybe it's just the makeup, i'm not sure. I'll probably need to see her in her outfit or in action to be able to say more. She looks good, but in a very different way than the original.
I also see that you went back to pick bigger nipples again. I was wondering when you would do that, because that was a very noticeable feature of the original design.

Morgana is just an upgrade for me. The stronger color contrast makes her eye color and freckles a lot more visible which is a nice detail that got lost in some scenes because of the lighting.

I don't consider the original bad. I think it went ok for my first serious attempt at game development, but even as I was working on it I was already not happy with how some things turned out. My plan is not to overcomplicate things, I still want it to be a simple game, but I want to make things a bit more interesting, specially because I don't want to deal with those things that I'm not happy with in the sequel.

About Yharnam design, I think I should have show her version without any makeup, as I did for Morgana, as that is the main version that will be used in the game, which makes her looks much more "adventure like" and not a supermodel.

Yharnam2.png

Last edited:

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
There is definitely some innocence lost in the new version, but if she is in a relationship with Morgana, I suppose that would make sense. (y)

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
Earlier Yharnam model was like sweet 18 to early 20s innocent looks ...
latest model look more mature kind of late 20s or early 30s something ...

Reactions: msleomac
4.50 star(s) 52 Votes