VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Good Guy [Ep.1] [NwB Games]

NwBGames

Apr 4, 2022
OK, so I see a few tags... Female Domination, Footjob, Futa/Trans, and Voyeurism (perving creeper). But, the main one for me is the content with chicks with dicks (futa/Trans),...can it be avoided?

Also please consider adding to any of the tags that the content can be avoided "(avoidable)" in the story bio, as this would reduce the many asked questions in the form.
First timer. I didn't think ahead.

Most of the tags will be avoidable. (I'll make sure to update that on the next update).

• Red Heart
Reactions: hatefuldisplay

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Will it be stepcest or real incest? either way this will need a patch because patreon doesn't like step either.
Is the girl in the third screenshot a LI?

Reactions: NwBGames

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Will it be stepcest or real incest? either way this will need a patch because patreon doesn't like step either.
You can chose the mames anda relationship at the start.
The girl on 3 sshot is mo...landlady :KEK:

Reactions: punisher2099

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Yes, he is. I don't wanna give too much away here but I think you're safe. This scene specifically is not too uncomfortable to go trough.

I have to build some kind of internal conflict first so the choices you'll be making later on in the VN make more sense and have more meaning.
You say I'm safe, but nope if she is a LI and she is getting fucked by someone else that is not the mc then this game is not for me.
Anyway, good luck and thanks for the reply.

Nov 26, 2021
is the mc the one peeking in the 3rd picture? I'm not a fan of those type of voyeur scenes and even less if that girl is a LI...
NwBGames can you please explain that?
Just went through it and I can honestly say it wasn't really bad not gonna spoil it for everyone but yeah its not that bad, if it happens again in the future in a more extreme way then yeah, im out, but for now ill see where the devs going, dm me if you want the info

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Just went through it and I can honestly say it wasn't really bad not gonna spoil it for everyone but yeah its not that bad, if it happens again in the future in a more extreme way then yeah, im out, but for now ill see where the devs going, dm me if you want the info
Spoil what? Looks like she's getting fucked by another dude that's pretty self explanatory.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Well it was interesting but for my part not a very good impression, everyone speaks or treats the mc badly and he simply "sorry, sorry" and although the voyeur scene is not that Bad (i hate voyeur scenes but at least they are not fucking and the mc knock on the door to stop the situation ...) also surely it is presented to show the bad relationship between the Parents, imo everything the mc says is annoying.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev the content you have in mind is going to be optional? and will the mc change or will he continue to have that sub attitude?

Good Luck.

Last edited:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Looks good, i'll give it a few updates to see where the story is going as i usually do, but i'am watching with interest.

Não conheço muitos devs brasileiros então desejo muita sorte e sucesso ae cara.

Yes. From the perspective of the MC. But we know how the world treats good guys sometimes, right?
That kinda sounds like, "if you take the good guy path you'll be punished with a bunch of creeps using the tag instead of you", but this might be me interpreting it wrong.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NwBGames

NwBGames

Apr 4, 2022
Well it was interesting but for my part not a very good impression, everyone speaks or treats the mc badly and he simply "sorry, sorry" and although the voyeur scene is not serious (at least they are not fucking...) and also surely it is presented to show the bad relationship between the Parents, imo everything the mc says is annoying.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev the content you have in mind is going to be optional? and will the mc change or will he continue to have that sub attitude?
Ok, a lot of things going on here hahaha let's break it down.

Yep, the MC has to start somewhere, it's part of his arc. He'll progress in every aspect of his life including the way he sees and treats everybody else.

The scene where everybody has a problem (including me) is intend to show exactly what you said but ALSO to pin a starting point on the way MC is thinking. Again, he'll progress. Otherwise the story is meaningless and similar to a lot of others VNs out there.

About the Older Girl, I can't give away but it won't be another cliché.

One of the tools I'm using here is literally point to on direction and go to another. For me that's what make good stories good.

I'm giving too much here. hahaha

The boss is the most predictable relationship I'll be working with BUT it could make some turns, that's the part I'm planning to leave to you guys.

And finally...my goal is to have you guys forming the MC's persona. Good or Bad. Dom or Sub. A crazy fuck or a good dude who will pray for our souls.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
I mean, Good Guys can have some fun too, right?
Far too often we begin a new avn and within the first few lines of dialogue it feels like verbal diarrhea for my eyes and like a 17 year old virgin decided to let out his own pent up horniness onto the game to live out his inability to do those things in real life.. VNs need more story and more feeling if you want to go long term.. some audiences may thrive on the 'im a horny jerk who will speak before i think and treat women as a object for my own amusement regardless of what she thinks about it' or you get the male writing teams trying to write how 'they think' a woman would or should react when in reality the mc would be beaten the shit out of for saying such things..
Being the good guy isnt always a way to 'cuck city' as someone so nearly put it.. It can (even if after some trial and error) lead you to finding that one person who means more to you than life itself and will give you eventually a lifetime of happines an a family of your own.. I say this from my own experience of being the guy who wanted to have his cake and eat it for so long only to realise that once i abandoned all that and realised that the object of my desire couldnt be conned, tricked or manipulated.. but to have something meaningful that lasted it would take truth, a whole lotta work and being the nice guy that for so so so many years id told myself it was a waste of time being as nice guys never got anywhere/nice guys finished last.. well i was wrong! Putting on that act and being someone your not may be fun for a while but when you are free to be yourself without caring about what others think, you can find that true self and be happy.. and that happiness will be infectious to those you love too

NwBGames

Apr 4, 2022
Looks good, i'll give it a few updates to see where the story is going as i usually do, but i'am watching with interest.

Thanks! It's my first time telling a story on this format. I know the crowd is
tough but I'm really enjoyin it.

Não conheço muitos devs brasileiros então desejo muita sorte e sucesso ae cara.

Vlw demais. <3

That kinda sounds like, "if you take the good guy path you'll be punished with a bunch of creeps using the tag instead of you", but this might be me interpreting it wrong.
Now I'm starting to think that not making everything crystal clear could be a problem.
Yes, in the Good path people will try to take advantage of him but I believe in my hero. I think he'll come up with counters that don't have to be that bad or mean for his antagonists.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Now I'm starting to think that not making everything crystal clear could be a problem.
Yes, in the Good path people will try to take advantage of him but I believe in my hero. I think he'll come up with counters that don't have to be that bad or mean for his antagonists.
I was going to ask that, is the Good guy path him being a "weakling" or a genuinely good guy that could hold his own, because I like "Good" paths in games, but I can't stand weaklings

NwBGames

Apr 4, 2022
I was going to ask that, is the Good guy path him being a "weakling" or a genuinely good guy that could hold his own, because I like "Good" paths in games, but I can't stand weaklings
He'll come around. It's not gonna be easy but we won't have to kill everybody he loves to get to it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chimba

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
I will one day find out why devs like to make their characters ... simps?beta?retards? *introduce other synonym here*
I never understood this logic...
"he's a good guy, he must be trampled by everyone"... I think most devs have never met a good guy before , the only people they perceived as good guys are ... subs...
seriously , is it so hard to create a good guy that isn't a doormat?
the "road to hero" is such a overused and most of the time badly implemented plot that it makes me feel nauseous.
I remember playing another good guy in another vn, for 5 episodes, a few of his friends were fucking teachers and what not while he was verbally abused and physically abused by his family and friends, in the 6th episode he gets a 1% redemption and then dev abandons the story.
I wonder if this will be similar.
One day there will be a VN that will start a new trend (I hope) with good guys that are not doormats.
It's quite sad to see this type of trope being so popular among devs, I actually think most of the devs actively hate their MCs...
best of luck dev with your VN though, I might check it after a few updates, if I get feedback from a few people I trust , but if you're following the formula of "zero to hero" the MC will probably be ... decent towards the end of VN ..so...yea...

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
the "road to hero" is such a overused and most of the time badly implemented plot that it makes me feel nauseous.
I remember playing another good guy in another vn, for 5 episodes, a few of his friends were fucking teachers and what not while he was verbally abused and physically abused by his family and friends, in the 6th episode he gets a 1% redemption and then dev abandons the story.
I think I know what game you are talking about and yes it was terrible.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
After reading through everything here, I'll be honest, I'm gonna be holding off for a while.
But. It's got my interest for the future..

I can tell you've set your mind into the workings of a ambitious project, NwB.
And I really hope you can see it through the way you imagine it to be.

I'm glad to see that you as a dev, and a creator, seemingly take pride in your work, and actively partake in the community you'll be building.

Some people, as mentioned by someone else here already, believe that "good guys finish last".
And I'll agree with their final statment. In less words; Being good, doesn't make a cuck.. :p
Imho, and in own experiences, this is all depending from person to person.
For some, it comes a time when get pushed hard enough, they'll push back,
tell the antagonist to "fuck off!", maybe even do something somewhat bad(for the better of good).
But this doesn't make them bad.

I'll add some food for thought.
I'm not religious but I do agree with 'Do onto others as you want them do to you.'(or however that goes.)
If someone blackmails you, get some dirt on them, and repay the favour. But make sure you get the final nail in the coffin. :p
And all said and done, you can still be best person there is towards everyone else.

I hope you'll be able to make the protagonist as "versatile" and "shapeable" personality wise as it seems to me, you want to.
(this all may be considered a "RPG" element, if you go far enough. And I honestly hope you will. For consideration of future tag)
In all, I'm sure you'll be in for a massive and hard work.

So, good luck man!
And try not to overwork yourself!

Looking forward to next update! (y)

NwBGames

Apr 4, 2022
After reading through everything here, I'll be honest, I'm gonna be holding off for a while.
But. It's got my interest for the future..

I can tell you've set your mind into the workings of a ambitious project, NwB.
And I really hope you can see it through the way you imagine it to be.

I'm glad to see that you as a dev, and a creator, seemingly take pride in your work, and actively partake in the community you'll be building.

Some people, as mentioned by someone else here already, believe that "good guys finish last".
And I'll agree with their final statment. In less words; Being good, doesn't make a cuck.. :p
Imho, and in own experiences, this is all depending from person to person.
For some, it comes a time when get pushed hard enough, they'll push back,
tell the antagonist to "fuck off!", maybe even do something somewhat bad(for the better of good).
But this doesn't make them bad.

I'll add some food for thought.
I'm not religious but I do agree with 'Do onto others as you want them do to you.'(or however that goes.)
If someone blackmails you, get some dirt on them, and repay the favour. But make sure you get the final nail in the coffin. :p
And all said and done, you can still be best person there is towards everyone else.

I hope you'll be able to make the protagonist as "versatile" and "shapeable" personality wise as it seems to me, you want to.
(this all may be considered a "RPG" element, if you go far enough. And I honestly hope you will. For consideration of future tag)
In all, I'm sure you'll be in for a massive and hard work.

So, good luck man!
And try not to overwork yourself!

Looking forward to next update! (y)
Thanks for taking the time to give this feedback.

I'm literally copying some of the phrases here and pasting them into my notes for this project.

You understood what I want with this VN.

It will be hard work as this is my first experience telling a story in this format, but I really hope to create complex and compelling characters for those who follow this project.

Thanks again for the objective feedback.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
I will one day find out why devs like to make their characters ... simps?beta?retards? *introduce other synonym here*
I never understood this logic...
"he's a good guy, he must be trampled by everyone"... I think most devs have never met a good guy before , the only people they perceived as good guys are ... subs...
seriously , is it so hard to create a good guy that isn't a doormat?
I wonder if this will be similar.
One day there will be a VN that will start a new trend (I hope) with good guys that are not doormats.
It's quite sad to see this type of trope being so popular among devs, I actually think most of the devs actively hate their MCs...
best of luck dev with your VN though, I might check it after a few updates, if I get feedback from a few people I trust , but if you're following the formula of "zero to hero" the MC will probably be ... decent towards the end of VN ..so...yea...
Yeah such an overused and annoying trope. Always either just "good" and "bad" , "cuck" or "asshole" , "doormat" or "bastard", so freaking black and white.

Maybe one day we'll see more neutral anti-hero being a badass from start to finish? I mean who cares if he "ger better toward the end"? I certainly don't want to sit through the majority of a game just for that.

Pathetic in chapter 1, badass from chapter 2 onward, sometimes display some human weakness but quickly shrug it off = (y)
Pathetic in chapter 1, slightly better in the last few chapters = (n)