ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: unexpected token: identifier<<set $characters[0].attributes.arousal.value to 0, set $characters[1].attributes.arousal.value to 0>>

When choosing "come together" at anal M/F , she as GF.
Thanks, that was fixed.

lots of errors . using mac
Could you describe them? One thing that I can say is for this release, to avoid refreshing the page. There are some issues in restoring objects when if you do that.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Thank you! There is already a discord server at The link was in the game, when you reach the end. But I will add it to the thread as well.

What makes the challenge window confusing? What changes would it make it easier to read?
Looks like that link has expired.

About the challenge window:
greatergood.png
I dig the whole "modifiers that sum up and add to a D20 roll" thing, but it looks a bit messy here. It looks like you went for a restaurant bill division but that makes reading a bit harder.
I've made a mockup of what I think would be a better distribution of all the information. It would probably be a bit harder to make it like this, but it's just an example of what I think would make the challenge window easier to read:
greatergooder.png
Then again, this is the kind of thing that you get used to in a game, so leaving it as it is wouldn't be such a big deal.

You didn't answer my question about the game though, are you planning on making it more sandbox like once you get through the prologue?

Reactions: Jonlissla

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
The discord link has been updated.

That doesn't look too bad actually quiboune. I'll look for ways of optimising the design.

After the prologue it will definitely take a more sandbox approach. There's no way otherwise that I could create a full-blown CYA type of game in my spare time where every scene is completely unique. The goal of the game (or at least its first act) would be for the main character to work on a (small-scale) campaign, to try and become more popular than the other candidates (or making them withdraw). I'd rather write a book in that case :)

I hope to be able to show a glimpse of what it could look like by the next release.

Reactions: quiboune

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
MilkyMartha the first screenshot is something that might occur if SugarCube doesn't manage to load all JS scripts in time. Even though these scripts are embedded in the compiled html files, sometimes it fails. The official documentation on this aspect is somewhat vague and I am not quite sure what to look into. Usually just refreshing the page should be enough.

From the other two screenshots it looks like that you continued from the failed load. If it always does it, check that you have javascript enabled. Which browser did you use?

Sossig

May 29, 2018
Got a bunch of errors on Linux, game looks the same it does for MilkyMartha. Tried both Firefox and Chrome with same result on both, refreshing the page or restarting the game does absolutely nothing. Javascript is enabled.

If it helps, here are the two error messages that pop up before the game loads:

Error [tw-user-script-0]: expected expression, got '='.

Error [StoryInit]: <<run>>: bad evaluation: setup.init is not a function.

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
Sossig if you feel like editing the html, open it in a text-editor, search for setup.init. There should be a line like this:

Code:
&lt;&lt;run setup.init();&gt;&gt;
Add this line above it.

Code:
&lt;&lt;set Config.loadDelay to 2000 &gt;&gt;
It seems like your browser is not waiting for the js to load before signaling that the document is ready. Let me know if that works. 2000 is two seconds.

marciep

Apr 20, 2020
Effectively nothing works for this on my phone. Just a mass of errors for character creation for everything except name. May try next update to see if it gets fixed.

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
That's very strange. Does anything get printed to the console? I will try to fix it. Sorry about that.

chrisyoung

Oct 2, 2018
MilkyMartha the first screenshot is something that might occur if SugarCube doesn't manage to load all JS scripts in time. Even though these scripts are embedded in the compiled html files, sometimes it fails. The official documentation on this aspect is somewhat vague and I am not quite sure what to look into. Usually just refreshing the page should be enough.

From the other two screenshots it looks like that you continued from the failed load. If it always does it, check that you have javascript enabled. Which browser did you use?
I got the same problem,and i'm using chrome,yes it failed at the first load,but i've no idea how to fix it

MilkyMartha

Jun 8, 2020

safari

Nynox

Dec 29, 2018
Oohhh, this one's promising! Sure, it's not long yet and has a bunch of dead ends, but it's already interesting. Keepin' my eyes on this one!

Also, yay for bi content!

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
For anyone who is having problems with the current release, try this . It loads the script in an alternative way. Perhaps it helps. It's difficult to debug a problem that I cannot reproduce.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
3 questions:
1. pure lesbian route possible?
2. how far goes the corruption? i dont mind personal slits, but i dont want free for all sluts...or is the MC the one who gets corrupted?
3. based on the screenshots it is currently text only, will there be any visual content added later?

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
Virulenz thanks for checking out this version!
  1. An ispiration of the game is Crusader Kings 3 (yes really). There, your character has stats and traits, and although you can act "out of character", the game punishes you for doing so (by giving you "stress" penalties, like in the game here). Here too, you would be able to have a completely lesbian route, if you decide to act that way. The game will try to track your actions and steer you towards the path that most closely resembles your game style. For example, if in the prologue you start as a female caharacter who is not attracted to women, but go with one regardless, then later on you get the chance to "come out of the closet". During the main loop, that will also be checked regularly. I.e., if you are attracted to women but do not go with them, then your character will be sad :)
    More generally, if I can put in practice my ideas, the characters of the story will not be hardcoded. I.e. there will be "roles" they have, but not pre-defined genders and orientation. You will be able to configure them or leave them random.
  2. If possible, I would like to provide routes, for both dominant and submissive characters.
  3. I am more of a programmer than an artist. So if the game gains interest, I would like to eventually commission some art. But that will take time (and money).

4.90 star(s) 8 Votes