Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Found a fun little bug that traps Tanya in her room:
  • Get bulb in kitchen (lowest of 3 drawers)
  • Replace one bulb somewhere and keep the dead bulb in your inventory
  • Wait for Tanya to sit at her computer in her room
  • Talk to her, ask about bulbs, she says she'll go to her room and get it
  • Dialog becomes stuck, but you can click on the dead bulb in your inventory and select Remove
  • You are now free to move elsewhere
  • You can have couch sex as much as you want, as long as you want

On day 2, the game crashes every time I try to go upstairs. Anyone find a way around this?

Kruncha

May 7, 2017
Found a fun little bug that traps Tanya in her room
I could reproduce but I got her following me like crazy, once I stepped in the stairs to change bulb, she got stuck up there and there was no way to talk to her later. :ROFLMAO:

As far as the game goes:
The idea is neat, I like where this is going, but please Mr. Dev, insert a sort of Pause or Menu button to your game ASAP, I genuine got really annoyed when the game closed and almost did not gave a second go.

EDIT: Seriously everyone keep bugging about the Graphics, I dont know if I stand alone here but...I LOVE the innovation and new stuff coming around, im seriously getting bored of all the same models on Daz or Illusion engines (Except Koikatu, it needs more love).

Herr4Share

Apr 1, 2017
I could reproduce but i got her following me like crazy, once I stepped in the stairs to change bulb, she got stuck up there and there was no way to talk to her later. :ROFLMAO:

As far as the game goes:
The idea is neat, i like where this is going, but please Mr. Dev, insert a sort of Pause or Menu button to your game ASAP, I genuine got really annoyed when the game closed and almost did not gave a second go.
Pause/Menu is 'P'

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
reading the devlog on itch.io I think its intentional that you can't complete the shelf mission. The dev has instead made day 2's puzzle about finding a way to fuck the Yoga girl without being caught.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
hey guys, cyborgmummy here, the dev for the handyman. really appreciate all the feedback here. a couple of notes about the beta/game:

first, there will be multiple ways to keep Tanya out of your hair when you want to get frisky with a girl. unfortunately, one of them (as has been mentioned) is bugged for day 1. the lightbulb solution causes the dialog to freeze up. there is another way to keep tanya out of the living room during day one (a much simpler way actually).

At the moment, there is only 1 solution to keeping Tanya out of Danna's room on day 2 (the second will be related to Shontel once her day 2 story is complete).

Pay attention to what Tanya is doing in the room you are trying to keep her out of, and try to find a way to block her off from... what ever it is she is doing.

As has been mentioned "P" will pause the game, and hitting "Space" will stop your character while he's walking.

in the beta, there is no way to save your game, HOWEVER, i accidentally left in a cheat. while in day 1, just press "T" and you will skip to day 2. And I've already added the ability to save the game since posting the beta, and will be part next version.

2 other known bugs (besides the Tanya lightbulb bug), as has been mentioned, the shelf installation bug, and canceling a sitting animation mid-animation. both of these have since been fixed for the next version. if you see other bugs, please do let me know.

i go over these things in more detail in my last video devlog which you can find here:

Thanks again,
thecyborgmummy

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
hey guys, cyborgmummy here, the dev for the handyman. really appreciate all the feedback here. a couple of notes about the beta/game:

first, there will be multiple ways to keep Tanya out of your hair when you want to get frisky with a girl. unfortunately, one of them (as has been mentioned) is bugged for day 1. the lightbulb solution causes the dialog to freeze up. there is another way to keep tanya out of the living room during day one (a much simpler way actually).

At the moment, there is only 1 solution to keeping Tanya out of Danna's room on day 2 (the second will be related to Shontel once her day 2 story is complete).

Pay attention to what Tanya is doing in the room you are trying to keep her out of, and try to find a way to block her off from... what ever it is she is doing.

As has been mentioned "P" will pause the game, and hitting "Space" will stop your character while he's walking.

in the beta, there is no way to save your game, HOWEVER, i accidentally left in a cheat. while in day 1, just press "T" and you will skip to day 2. And I've already added the ability to save the game since posting the beta, and will be part next version.

2 other known bugs (besides the Tanya lightbulb bug), as has been mentioned, the shelf installation bug, and canceling a sitting animation mid-animation. both of these have since been fixed for the next version. if you see other bugs, please do let me know.

i go over these things in more detail in my last video devlog which you can find here:

Thanks again,
thecyborgmummy
Welcome Cybormummy,
Thank you for your visit and your details ;) Glad the comments posted here help you improve Handyman.
Have you planned to make a Linux and Mac version?

Last edited:
Reactions: thecyborgmummy

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
Where are all the burnt out lights? I ran out of time, couldn't find the last one. Got the one in the ceiling in the one bedroom, upstairs desk lamp, bedroom desk lamp, bedroom table lamp, foyer standing lamp, but can't find any others?

May 13, 2017

Thanks again,
thecyborgmummy
Could there please be an option to disable the minigames? Its just poor design to put minigames into a sex scene. We are there for the sex not the minigame.

Eonwulf

Feb 14, 2018
So for day 1 you turn off the TV so Tanya won't go sit down to watch it anymore, and for day 2 you wear the cat mask in room 101 and go look at Goliath and it will scare him away so Tanya won't go watch him anymore.

Cool game so far though. Looking forward to more.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Welcome Cybormummy,
Thank you for your visit and your details ;) Glad the comments posted here help you improve Handyman.
Have you planned to make a Linux and Mac version?
Thanks. Yes, I will post Linux and Mac versions next update.

Where are all the burnt out lights? I ran out of time, couldn't find the last one. Got the one in the ceiling in the one bedroom, upstairs desk lamp, bedroom desk lamp, bedroom table lamp, foyer standing lamp, but can't find any others?
hint: there are 2 ceiling lights that need to be replaced.

Could there please be an option to disable the minigames? Its just poor design to put minigames into a sex scene. We are there for the sex not the minigame.
it's possible, though i am reluctant to do so. ultimately, the point of the mini game is to have an effect on whether or not the girl reaches orgasm, and how strongly the girl orgasms. and depending on your "performance," different things will be opened or closed to you going forward. i've tried to make the mini game as minimal and non-intrusive as i can, but i definitely want to have the player effect the girl. one possibility that i have considered is putting the mini-game (i would probably change the style of mini-game) before the sex, and then the sex plays out based on your result, without the mini game during the sex.

Eonwulf

Feb 14, 2018
it's possible, though i am reluctant to do so. ultimately, the point of the mini game is to have an effect on whether or not the girl reaches orgasm, and how strongly the girl orgasms. and depending on your "performance," different things will be opened or closed to you going forward. i've tried to make the mini game as minimal and non-intrusive as i can, but i definitely want to have the player effect the girl. one possibility that i have considered is putting the mini-game (i would probably change the style of mini-game) before the sex, and then the sex plays out based on your result, without the mini game during the sex.
The main problem I have with the sex mini game is it's too challenging after the second orgasm and the bar doesn't stop when you click, it has a massive delay on it which makes it hard to judge where it will stop at the higher speeds.

Herr4Share

Apr 1, 2017
I'd like to offer the opinion that a personal dislike of a mechanic doesn't automatically qualify that mechanic as "poor design". It's simply *the* design.

There are games where the sexy stuff is locked behind match-3 stuff, for example. Heck, the most basic of minigame types involves interactive groping with the intention of bringing your partner or yourself to orgasm. I've only played up until the couch interaction in this one, but it feels like a much sped up version of the typical "make choices to increase affection, then get laid after 'x' amount of in-game days" mechanic present in hundreds of games on this very site. Didn't bother me, too much.
---

That aside, the general movement itself feels clunky to me. Not bad, exactly, just off. Part of me thinks that it's because of how it works with the various camera modes, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Could just be me being too use to WASD or arrow movement in games.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
The main problem I have with the sex mini game is it's too challenging after the second orgasm and the bar doesn't stop when you click, it has a massive delay on it which makes it hard to judge where it will stop at the higher speeds.
I'm definitely open to tweaking the difficulty. There are only 3 levels of orgasm and, as you might expect, i don't want it to be TOO easy to get to the third. in regard to the button pressing, i agree it does not behave intuitively. it functions like a button, which is to say the "execute" is on the release, not on the click. so you can hold the button down and it does not do anything until you release. this definitely does not feel right, and is something i should change.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I think there are 2 things that this game really needs to make it more enjoyable.

Implement save system. Seriously, at this point I think this is more important then adding more content.

Ability for standard WASD + mouselook movement when in first person mode. Not a must, but current movement controls are only intuitive for isometric view.

And for some reason, this game reminds me of House Party, when it first time appeared in 2016, long before its current fame. So I do consider that this game has potential, if expanded property.

oaklash

Jun 5, 2017
Is there a possibility of a option to mute the music? I find it gets in the way of the sex sounds.

timmys666

Jul 8, 2017
hey cyborg instead of removing the mini games why not make a kind of gallery with a free camera that you can rotate and replay the sex scenes but with auto speed buttons and no mini games but you have to complete the day to unlock the scenes from that day.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes