Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Well, the "T" cheat to get to day 2 works well. Unfortunately, I still can't get more than about 30 seconds into the day before the game crashes. Every. Single. Time. Day 1 is fine, I can explore everywhere and do everything and I've never had a crash. Day 2 though... crash crash crash. Anyone else running into this?

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Well, the "T" cheat to get to day 2 works well. Unfortunately, I still can't get more than about 30 seconds into the day before the game crashes. Every. Single. Time. Day 1 is fine, I can explore everywhere and do everything and I've never had a crash. Day 2 though... crash crash crash. Anyone else running into this?
hi dce8383, you mentioned this crash happening when going upstairs, right? does it happen even if you don't go upstairs? would you be able to record this?

Reactions: beep88

boolbo

Jan 13, 2017
I have a question, would you be interested in adding either lesbian or voyeur content to the game?

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
hi dce8383, you mentioned this crash happening when going upstairs, right? does it happen even if you don't go upstairs? would you be able to record this?
It happens every time I try to go upstairs (day 2), as wells as after about a minute of playing day 2. It will glitch freeze for an instant, then kind of jerk to where it should have been, then crash. I've tried just standing still and doing nothing, but it still happens. I've also tried full screen, windowed, high and low detail... crashes the same way each time.

My system isn't set up to record, unfortunately, and I'll be away from my computer for most of the weekend.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Bug with the shelving job: The first one lays down on the bottom row just fine, but then you can't place any of the other shelves anyplace but that same bottom row. This basically breaks the job, as once they overlap you can no longer interact with it at all.

Also I don't mind the mini-games but the time limit is annoying, especially since it forces you into a path of wasting your first attempt trying to memorize where everything is and then going back with repeat attempts to grab it all before the clock runs out. Suggest just getting rid of that "feature" entirely, especially since Tanya has this habit of hitting you with a time-out failure while the MC is busy getting laid.

Last edited:

kulbak

Oct 31, 2016
Bug with the shelving job: The first one lays down on the bottom row just fine, but then you can't place any of the other shelves anyplace but that same bottom row. This basically breaks the job, as once they overlap you can no longer interact with it at all.
i"ve also encountered this one

Dillerkind

Nov 12, 2018
EDIT: Seriously everyone keep bugging about the Graphics, I dont know if I stand alone here but...I LOVE the innovation and new stuff coming around, im seriously getting bored of all the same models on Daz or Illusion engines (Except Koikatu, it needs more love).
I totally agree! Seems like the expected standard reaction whenever there's a game with cartoony graphics is to complain about "the shitty graphics". Yes, this game's graphics are a bit on the simple side in terms of detail but as pointed out in the quote: it's at least something different from the same over-used DAZ models and environments (and often stiff-looking poses and expressions, despite the otherwise realistic looking characters). And I want to add that the animations so far are really neat, except for the player character's walk maybe. I for one am totally fine with this look.

Also I don't the mini-games but the time limit is annoying, especially since it forces you into a path of wasting your first attempt trying to memorize where everything is and then going back with repeat attempts to grab it all before the clock runs out. Suggest just getting rid of that "feature" entirely, especially since Tanya has this habit of hitting you with a time-out failure while the MC is busy getting laid.
While I can see why there is a time limit, I'm not a big fan of it either. It's okay to have to replay levels in order to figure out object positions and the best way to get stuff done. But even when you've figured all this out, there isn't much time to get everything done that you might want to do... especially because the MC walks sooooo slow and with the very limited inventory space you might be forced to do a lot of additional walking. Add to that the fact that there's a cooldown when you screw up on the minigame and then have to go through the girl's "warmup phase" again as well.. and of course get the work done in between. Maybe the time limit could be made optional.. or tied to a difficulty setting or something.

A few other things I want to add:
- the auto-progressing dialog. It goes to the next dialog part a bit too fast for my taste (not a native English speaker and not the fastest reader in general). There's a Continue button in the dialog box, maybe make it so the player always has to click it instead of having the button AND auto-progress the text.
- maybe pause the game during dialog. Again, maybe it's just me liking to take my time while reading but having the time move on while I'm stuck in dialog feels kinda meh... not that I expect to see tons of dialog in this game but still :D
- the controls... This was pointed out by somebody else before. Point&click movement feels alright for the third-person view, I'd still prefer to be able to zoom and possible change the viewing angle. Also, the little interaction menu that pops up when you click on objects, it would be cool if this would simply close when you click somewhere outside of it. I frequently clicked on things to see which interactions were possible and when there was nothing to do, clicked somewhere else to move away - only to find I had to specifically click on Cancel to make the menu go away. Not a big deal but still annoying imho.
- last but not least: some sort of freeroam in addition to the normal puzzle levels? No idea how exactly this could work though. It just feels like the kind of game where a freeroam mode would make sense...

That's it from my side. I like the game's art style and the general idea. Unlike some other 3d games it doesn't feel too big and overambitious in scope, more like something than can actually be done. There's definitely potential for a fun little game there. Good luck with the project, cyborgmummy!

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Uhhh... is this happening to anyone else? -
that's interesting... is that happening every time you try to play? is that how it looks all the time, or do the skins pop in and out?

edit:
also, it looks like the skin might actually be there, but giant? would you be able to video record that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahgni Mada

Mahgni Mada

Aug 15, 2017
that's interesting... is that happening every time you try to play? is that how it looks all the time, or do the skins pop in and out?
I restarted the game a few times and it always happens yeah, I even tried changing the graphical quality on the Unity start up menu to see if it fixes it. Sometimes Tanya and the others will go normal but most of the time they look like they do on the screenshots, Tanya always looks like that on the main menu though -

Untitled.jpg

also, it looks like the skin might actually be there, but giant? would you be able to video record that?
Yeah, sometimes the textures from the MC and girls start flying around in a big jumbled mess of spaghetti. I'll see if I can record a clip and upload it for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: thecyborgmummy

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Holy Shit! Now THAT is some excellent nightmare fuel! a couple of questions. is the frame rate that choppy or is that just the recording? did you download the 32bit version or the 64bit version? generally speaking, do games run ok on your PC?

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes