Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.1a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I disagree. Personally I like the mechanics of the game, this is the reason why I got interested in it in the first place.
Comparing to the majority of the games here which are harems/semi-harems where you just fuck everybody and everything that moves, this game is more like a breath of fresh air. And I think I am not the only one like this here.

Not every game should be a harem, where you just fuck everybody during one playthrough.
I prefer games where you play through different routes and see different content.

Dev really came up with interesting mechanics in his game and that's very cool.
Probably for you ? But as when I look at the games which has sandbox elements its always the main focus of the MC to bang the girls, with the only option to pick and choose which girl you want to romance first and which path you take (dom or sub). And imo this should always be the case. Otherwise whats the point in a sandbox and not make a kinetic novel ?

IMO if this is a game where we have a solo end at the end, it should be a Visual/Kinetic Novel with some choices like in Jessica how you want to treat her. Otherwise you have to safe scum the events and locations to be on a path for that said LI. But yeah, not everything needs to be a harem and as right now I dont see it here happening. But there is a difference what I wish and what the game is. It just that the sandox mechanics suits more for the typical harem set up as the machanics supports it.

Reactions: Dofla Studio

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Very good story, loved it in every way and the girls are cute, I wonder though how relations will work out, I kinda wanna help out my ex, date the sanitorium girl and be helpfull to the other patient and the doc, but i'm not sure how that all will work, I don't want to date all of them, but so far been more close to Jess and the Sanatorium girl. I look forward to new updates and how I can help the MC overcome this demon in his nightmare.

sleep dream

Jun 1, 2020
This game seems to have been aborted. Patreon has been deleted and the Discord message has been cleared. Does anyone know what happened?

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
The game is still in development and has not been abandoned.

The reason Patreon banned me seems like because I posted two pictures of children (scenes from Lanxin's childhood memories). I swear that this game does not contain any inappropriate content involving children. I don't know how Patreon made their judgment, but I am currently appealing via email, and I hope to have my page reinstated soon.

In addition, I really don’t know the specific reasons why Patreon suspended me. Is it not allowed to have any normal elements of children in adult games? Pants are too short...? If that is truly the case, then I will remove any related content…

s2d5112_lanxin_story.png s2d5099_lanxin_story.png

Like I said, Just playing with the dog when Lanxin was a child, definately no violence and other inappropriate content...

But still, I am a new developer and I am not familiar with some rules...If adult games cannot have any elements related to children (even if it is normal and only appears in memories), or I made misktakes I didn't realized, I apologize and I will immediately remove those scenes.

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
kind of seems she only has underwear on in the first pic. and the second one seems fine...maybe the heads a bit to big but not like we'll have to see that all of throughout the game.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
The game is still in development and has not been abandoned.

The reason Patreon banned me seems like because I posted two pictures of children (scenes from Lanxin's childhood memories). I swear that this game does not contain any inappropriate content involving children. I don't know how Patreon made their judgment, but I am currently appealing via email, and I hope to have my page reinstated soon.

In addition, I really don’t know the specific reasons why Patreon suspended me. Is it not allowed to have any normal elements of children in adult games? Pants are too short...? If that is truly the case, then I will remove any related content…

View attachment 3150811 View attachment 3150816

Like I said, Just playing with the dog when Lanxin was a child, definately no violence and other inappropriate content...

But still, I am a new developer and I am not familiar with some rules...If adult games cannot have any elements related to children (even if it is normal and only appears in memories), or I made misktakes I didn't realized, I apologize and I will immediately remove those scenes.
There are many popular games on Patreon that either have children characters or characters shown as children in flashbacks (Chasing Sunsets, Friends in Need and Race of Life for example) so Patreon seem to be fine with it as long as they aren't sexualized. Did you post those images as previews on Patreon? If so, that could be it. Maybe they saw that you're an adult game creator and got the wrong idea?

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
There are many popular games on Patreon that either have children characters or characters shown as children in flashbacks (Chasing Sunsets, Friends in Need and Race of Life for example) so Patreon seem to be fine with it as long as they aren't sexualized. Did you post those images as previews on Patreon? If so, that could be it. Maybe they saw that you're an adult game creator and got the wrong idea?
Yes I use these two images as previews. They might thought that the image is fine but the content in the game might potentially has something sexually?...I don't know. I'm waiting for Patreon team reply me and then decide what to do.

sleep dream

Jun 1, 2020
Yes I use these two images as previews. They might thought that the image is fine but the content in the game might potentially has something sexually?...I don't know. I'm waiting for Patreon team reply me and then decide what to do.
I'm glad that the game hasn't been abandoned.Generally speaking, the censorship of new games is not very strict. This is most likely an oops event, stemming from Patreon's increased sensitivity to child topics in adult games. We should be cautious in the future.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Do not promote adult content with children!
If you do, like you confessed you did, that means you are either MEMEing the shit outta your own game,
click baiting for loli enjoyers, catfishing with the lil ones for players to get a reality check when they see
that the game features the real adult Lanxin, not the kids who are just one afterthought, flash back, inconclusive to plot.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We will see what it actually was that triggered the halt.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexMpog

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1702926365659.png
By day ... two nice enough looking girls players may want to hang out with.

By sun down tho ...
1702926380627.png

Game be dipping in many contradictions and so much internal struggle for MC to go through.

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
My patreon page is back...I've posted something and it seems fine so far, but they did send email that told me it's removed...I'm really confused here.

Anyway, since it looks okay now I'll keep update on both Patreon and SubstanceStar, feel free to check them out.

(I prefer SubstanceStar since it's more stable. Patreon previously suspended my account and refunded all my earnings to supporters, and I'm not sure if it will do the same again...but still, depends on which one is convenient for you guys. )

Last edited:

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Comparing to the majority of the games here which are harems/semi-harems where you just fuck everybody and everything that moves, this game is more like a breath of fresh air. And I think I am not the only one like this here.

Not every game should be a harem, where you just fuck everybody during one playthrough.
I prefer games where you play through different routes and see different content.
I mean, honestly, when you only look at "good games". You'll find that in the majority of them, you have the choice to either befriend or romance characters. SO yeah, most of the time it's your choice if you want to go "harem" way or monogamous way. AAAAND, I must add that in the end the dev most often makes you choose 1 girl (= 1 ending). Which saddens me since I'm for polygamy/harem lol.

EDIT : Does smn know when's the next update coming?

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes