Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.1a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
What? I never said you couldn't.

My comment was done to aid the this title...how other dev's handle start over's, so that dev could spend more time on working on his project, instead of explaining that a bug was already fixed.

Regards.
Ok, I deleted it because it was a response to another comment on another forum that ended up here by mistake.

Reactions: MrBenny

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
can't continue the game no matter what. always the same error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 62, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 66, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in <module>
KeyError: 6

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_luna.rpyc", line 146, in script call
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 68, in script
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Haunting Nightmare 0.3.1a
Wed Apr 24 21:46:42 2024

Reactions: fishbulb123

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
can't continue the game no matter what. always the same error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_luna.rpyc", line 146, in script call
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 68, in script
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Renpy\TheHauntingNightmare-0.3.1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Haunting Nightmare 0.3.1a
Wed Apr 24 21:46:42 2024
read the OP ( Key error 6 bug ).

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
The chances of me being interested in a game where at some point I'm forced to pick a single LI (even if it's right before finishing the game) are nul at best.
Honestly, that's how a lot of good game end (if they are not in a medieval setting, yk bc at that time having a harem wasn't that uncommon). But maan... that comment is the 1st one of a big debate I had with someone who defended the monogamy idea (it was great btw rly chill guy no insult, just exposing ideas and points of view). It was kinda intresting however the comments were deleted. Ig it was bc whoever deleted them was affraid that more ppl would join in and kinda make a mess out of this thread.
The debate was finished though and it was on a pretty good healthy note so it's a bit sad. Plus I don't think the dev would've minded having multiple opinions on this for his game. Or maybe he did... Idk.

Anyway, I agree with you, if I answer truthfully... Most of the games I played that finished this way I just ended up abandoning them b4 finishing them. It was too hard for me to let go of my favorite LIs. So, I just freeze time on that game lol.

THX

Last edited:
Reactions: EJW and BlasKyau

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Honestly, that's how a lot of good game end (if they are not in a medieval setting, yk bc at that time having a harem wasn't that uncommon). But maan... that comment is the 1st one of a big debate I had with someone who defended the monogamy idea (it was great btw rly chill guy no insult, just exposing ideas and points of view). It was kinda intresting however the comments were deleted. Ig it was bc whoever deleted them was affraid that more ppl would join in and kinda make a mess out of this thread.
The debate was finished though and it was on a pretty good healthy note so it's a bit sad. Plus I don't think the dev would've minded having multiple opinions on this for his game. Or maybe he did... Idk.

Anyway, I agree with you, if I answer truthfully... Most of the games I played that finished this way I just ended up abandoning them b4 finishing them. It was too hard for me to let go of my favorite LIs. So, I just freeze time on that game lol.

THX
To be totally honest, for me its just 99% of the games on here just are not interesting enough story wise for me to want to have to play through them multiple times. Off the top of my head I can think of one single game that I have multiple saves for multiple paths, and we have been waiting for almost 2 years for the ending of that one.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
To be totally honest, for me its just 99% of the games on here just are not interesting enough story wise for me to want to have to play through them multiple times. Off the top of my head I can think of one single game that I have multiple saves for multiple paths, and we have been waiting for almost 2 years for the ending of that one.
True, even if you want to play multiple path. I (it's subjective though I won't lie I still like it when the player can choose for every single character if he wants to have a relationship with them but that often involves too much work) would find it more interesting for those paths to be affecting the story or mc's mental state rather than seeing what if you choose this LI or this one? lol
I mean again even if you just want to have it all cm'on, make a harem ending for the players. Even if it's unrealistic, It's a game let us dream lol. Why can every single girl have her ending but we can't have them all in one lol.

WHat game is that btw?

THX

[EIDTED]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockero_69

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
True, even if you want to play multiple path. I would find it more interesting for those paths to be affecting the story ot mental state of the MC rather than cut a relationship with an LI.
I mean again even if you just want to have it all cm'on, make a harem ending for the players. Even if it's unrealistic, It's a game let us dream lol. Why can every single girl have her ending but we can't have them all in one lol.

WHat game is that btw?

THX
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
Hmm... Though there isn't a whole lot of content yet, minus some typos / grammatical errors and a bit of the writing, I'm liking the premise of the story so far. I also like how the game seems to be going towards choosing your playstyle path as well as love interests, as I'm generally not a fan of harems and most just don't really feel realistic anyway. For some stories and some games, it can work, but I feel this is going in a good direction as it is, so far. Just my personal opinion anyway.

I'll keep an eye out on this one, good luck with the project and future updates!

Reactions: AlexMpog

Abraxxas

Oct 6, 2018
Not completed all the Content and the Game goes back to Main menu all by itself. Thanks for the Game but i wait

Nekirom

Nov 16, 2022
Regarding the "day 6 six error", I think it shows some severe problems in the design approach of the dev. If the developer changes definitions it makes sense to integrate the definitions (in this case "days_dict") at the beginning of the update and not expecting people to just restart the game. The days_dict maps day numbers to weekdays for the first 5 (and now 18) days, which gives some time until that problem might arise again, but that is just awful design. Especially as this was just an expansion of an existing list. Again, just updating starting variables and telling people to start over again is a bad idea, that will rear its ugly head over and over.

lmyx2101

Sep 6, 2022
Need a walkthrough, this game is weird cant get any of the new events. It's annoying how it goes back to main menu after day six

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Great update :love:

Writing/dialogues have been improved significantly, that's really cool, there are still some issues with dialogues here and there, but it's nothing compared to the previous version.

After finishing main events the game goes to Main Menu even though a lot of quests with girls are still not finished (Luna, Lanxin, Jane, Laura), But I guess It's supposed to be like this.

Also a few interesting moments:

1) When MC and Doc come to Jess's apartment, MC behaves like he has never been there and acts surprised when she opens the doors.
I mean, he should know how her house looks, they had been dating, no? The house seems like the same from his flashbacks. Or did Jess just change her apartment?

2) MC walks around in the same T-shirt and shorts almost all the time, poor thing:oops:
At least Lanxin bought some new stuff for him in the shop.

Last edited:

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
Great update :love:

Writing/dialogues have been improved significantly, that's really cool, there are still some issues with dialogues here and there, but it's nothing compared to the previous version.

After finishing main events the game goes to Main Menu even though a lot of quests with girls are still not finished (Luna, Lanxin, Jane, Laura), But I guess It's supposed to be like this.

Also a few interesting moments:

1) When MC and Doc come to Jess's apartment, MC behaves like he has never been there and acts surprised when she opens the doors.
I mean, he should know how her house looks, they had been dating, no? The house seems like the same from his flashbacks. Or did Jess just change her apartment?

2) MC walks around in the same T-shirt and shorts almost all the time, poor thing:oops:
At least Lanxin bought some new stuff for him in the shop.
Indeed...posting game here is truly useful as you guys can find problems that I overlooked and help me improve, thank you!

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
I might be wrong of course, but I think that's probably the point of game mechanics.
You are limited in time, so you won't be able to pursue all the LIs, a few of them, yes, but not all.
OR you can sacrifice some training time in a favor of girls, but you will fuck up on some missions (skills checkpoints).

Personally besides Helene and Jess I only managed to make some time for Luna (once) and Lanxin, all other free time was spent on training.

Also it looks like (again, only my perspective) pursuing girls like Jane and Laura will probably have negative impact on MC's state of mind.
At the start we have been told that doing good deeds will mentally impact us positively, while evil actions will do the opposite.
So pursuing Jane and Laura looks like going through evil/corruption path, I mean, common, Jane and her friends do all types of shady things, including drug dealing, extortion and prostitution.
As for Laura, well, she is claimed so it will be stealing, probably not nice move either, well, using a spray on her is definitely not a nice move;)

Reactions: AlexMpog

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Also it looks like (again, only my perspective) pursuing girls like Jane and Laura will probably have negative impact on MC's state of mind.
At the start we have been told that doing good deeds will mentally impact us positively, while evil actions will do the opposite.
So pursuing Jane and Laura looks like going through evil/corruption path, I mean, common, Jane and her friends do all types of shady things, including drug dealing, extortion and prostitution.
As for Laura, well, she is claimed so it will be stealing, probably not nice move either, well, using a spray on her is definitely not a nice move;)
Well, I agree mostly. But you are forgetting that during Jane's event, on the yacht, you get to meet this girl, they are trying to pimp out. And you have a choice: fuck her/help her.

So, even while being on Jane's route, which, I agree, associates with evil path to me, you still are able to do some good things.

But in general, yeah, so far it looks like some girls are for corruption path only.
Though it's too early to judge.

Reactions: metamorphMP
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes