TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
I wanna cri. I download twice. And no new content at all. I didn't realise day differences. Do I have to download uncompressed version to see new content?
What was the last update you played? The last couple have just been bugfixes, so no new content. If you've played 0.16.1 (or 0.16.2) and had the Samantha and Liz quests, that's as far as you can currently go.
Haven't played this game in forever, how far can we go so far in the game? Last I played, you could go somewhat far with the bully lesbian, and that one teacher sucked your dick. Can you actually fuck some students now or what?
Actually fucking, only a couple - Rachel and Amy. There are some more who give handjobs and blowjobs though (Priti, Cassandra, Lucy, Liz, plus a group hj/bj scene but I can't remember who specifically does what in that!) Sally and Claire (teachers) are both fuckable, and you can do some stuff with Samantha (assistant) now as well.
Is any of Maxine, Lucy, Charlotte, Liz, Cassandra, Faye, April, Nina, Donna, Alice or Emily fuckable yet?

I recall playing this for like 2 years ago and the game being full of Rachel content, yet barely to the others.
Not yet, though you can now get further with Liz and Lucy, plus Maxine has a whole quest which ends in her participating in a forced (by another student) one on one, and then a consensual five on one. A couple of the others have hjs or bjs as patrol scenes or as part of that five on one.
I looked up the guide for the last patch but I am having trouble getting Samantha's quest to progress. I am stuck trying to get step 2 to proceed (Help Samantha accept the need to touch the students: Wait for an opportunity to body search students in front of Samantha). However, according to the guide I have done everything I need to do. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
Have you progressed Liz's quest? I can't remember the trigger for it, but if I'm right Samantha tells you she smelled weed around the dorms, so you both go there and you end up doing a body search of 3/4 girls in front of her. Liz needs to be doing her public nudity dares, as it's the group who dare her to flash you that get searched after Liz "trips" in front of you and flashes everything.

Reactions: Twistty

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Not yet, though you can now get further with Liz and Lucy, plus Maxine has a whole quest which ends in her participating in a forced (by another student) one on one, and then a consensual five on one. A couple of the others have hjs or bjs as patrol scenes or as part of that five on one.
Is it the one about the "hostage" situation on the principal room, of threatning showing pictures? After the dress code dares with Maxine? Because if yes those already existed 2 years ago at least.

Still fun, but still old and no fucking content. Unfortunely it just confirms my point. Thanks for the answer though.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Is it the one about the "hostage" situation on the principal room, of threatning showing pictures? After the dress code dares with Maxine? Because if yes those already existed 2 years ago at least.

Still fun, but still old and no fucking content. Unfortunely it just confirms my point. Thanks for the answer though.
Yeah, the Maxine bit is the "hostage" situation. Since then the progress has been Liz, Lucy, and Samantha. I guess Sally has progressed a bit too, but through Liz's quests, and it remains to be seen what will come of that (I hope plenty!).
That is important to note. Given the changelog, I thought there'd be new content too.
Yeah, the changelog is misleading. Content-wise at least, it's the exact same wording as the 0.16.0 changelog (well, 0.16.1 beta...) - the only relevant bit is under "Changes from 16.2 to 16.3public". I don't know if it will work, but I'll report it and see if the mods will agree to editing the changelog.

Reactions: InstaPrincess

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020
Need PIXELDRAIN or WORKUPLOAD as download, the MEGA is over 5GB and the others are malwares, my antivirus tells me they contain Trojans, Fruad, Riskware etc...
Sketchy quick Example:
Domain: Date:
getrunkhomuto etc....
File: IP:
C:\program files (where it engine located.) The address of the predator

Category: Type:
Trojan etc...

Port:
etc..
The MEGA one works perfectly fine for me

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Yeah, the Maxine bit is the "hostage" situation. Since then the progress has been Liz, Lucy, and Samantha. I guess Sally has progressed a bit too, but through Liz's quests, and it remains to be seen what will come of that (I hope plenty!).
Then that confirms what I said, of the game not moving enough for 2 years lol.

lucifer092

Nov 21, 2020
I have completed all the quest from pride and president but somehow skipped step 2, how to correct that? I have completed mostly all other quests but can find maxine in rachel's room?

reddwarf45

Jul 14, 2022
Anyone else get a hard lock at the computer screen in the office? Cant click on anything or exit the computer. Tried re-loading and re starting but unless i load a save outside of the computer screen its impossible to get out of.

raven54

Sep 12, 2022
Why doesn't the author provide incremental updates? Downloading 7-8gb for each update is ridiculous.
Making incremental updates is harder than it sounds. The issue is that Ren'py has no knowledge of last release, so when clicking on the build release button, it will make a zip file from scratch containing everything. This means an incremental update would require repacking manually. This will break the mac version as repacking the zip on windows will mess up file permissions, which removes the execute permission.

It's easy enough to make incremental updates when it is only updating the scripts as that's one file to overwrite. However if it starts to include graphics and images, then the amount of data to be downloaded in an incremental update gets close to a full update and then the point is gone. It would be possible to split images and movies into new folders and as such add one for each update, but that will quickly end up as a mess on the development side, which not only slows down development, but it will also increase the risk of bugs.

I think we are stuck with full downloads. As annoying as it is, it is still better than broken downloads, slower development time and bugs.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Hi I would need help for this quest, I can't go any further. in the quest for pleasure with Rachel. to be able to put the big dildo.

View attachment 4071537
View attachment 4071539

tanck you
How many times have you tried the small dildo? I think you need to use that a few times first, then you can move onto the big one. You might have to spy on Rachel at night and see her trying to stretch herself out too (I'm not sure if that's a requirement or not).

boobies!

Oct 29, 2017
Making incremental updates is harder than it sounds. The issue is that Ren'py has no knowledge of last release, so when clicking on the build release button, it will make a zip file from scratch containing everything. This means an incremental update would require repacking manually. This will break the mac version as repacking the zip on windows will mess up file permissions, which removes the execute permission.

It's easy enough to make incremental updates when it is only updating the scripts as that's one file to overwrite. However if it starts to include graphics and images, then the amount of data to be downloaded in an incremental update gets close to a full update and then the point is gone. It would be possible to split images and movies into new folders and as such add one for each update, but that will quickly end up as a mess on the development side, which not only slows down development, but it will also increase the risk of bugs.

I think we are stuck with full downloads. As annoying as it is, it is still better than broken downloads, slower development time and bugs.
While it does take planning, it's not quite as hard as you make out. Linear games have an easier time with an image folder per day(/update), but a sandbox games can do an image folder per character or per quest. This game would work better with quest folders. This game already has image and video folders for the xmas and halloween specials.

This deep into the development does run the risk of many bugs when implementing. However, moving forwards it's just rinse and repeat. Many novice devs have managed to smoothly continue with updates after help getting started. The scripts in this game look like the programmer will cope just fine.

Making the full game available for ludites who find it too difficult to install an update will remain a must. :p

raven54

Sep 12, 2022
While it does take planning, it's not quite as hard as you make out. Linear games have an easier time with an image folder per day(/update), but a sandbox games can do an image folder per character or per quest. This game would work better with quest folders. This game already has image and video folders for the xmas and halloween specials.
I thought about that. The issue is that a lot of the updates have fixed graphical issues introduced in past updates. Say we have a file/folder for Amy. Replacing one image will then have to replace all images for Amy. Alternatively the Amy images will end up being split between multiple locations, which is part of what I referred to as slowing down development. It takes more time to look up the files for something specific and it's harder to get an overview of what is included.

This deep into the development does run the risk of many bugs when implementing. However, moving forwards it's just rinse and repeat. Many novice devs have managed to smoothly continue with updates after help getting started. The scripts in this game look like the programmer will cope just fine.
If you really want a programming solution, which doesn't hurt non-programming development (it's my impression that non-programming is the bottleneck in development time for HM), then do something like this:

Don't call videos and images directly. Instead make a file, which stores the path to each as a unique variable for each. Execute this file on startup and use the variables whenever something is used in the game. Use a function to set paths. This function will have a list of the "patch files" and will loop through them to see if there is a match. If none, then use the default path (the current one). Don't save the results. Instead run this every single time or savegames will not work if updated.

Next write a program, which tests the md5 for each file against the previous release. Make a copy of anything added or changed and put it in a sub folder, but inside it keep the path, so it's just adding a prefix to the path. This folder and updated scripts can now serve as a smaller update.

The beauty of this setup is that for development purposes the media files will still be organized like right now. The tradeoff is higher memory usage (likely not much) and slower startup time. As the startup delay could be significant, maybe the patch build script should list files in the update so it's a list lookup rather than trying to detect files present in encrypted files. Maybe make it a default list and then run a series if "if file present, run function to change a list of paths". Those functions should then be autogenerated by whatever script builds the folder for the update.

I think this is the level of programming needed to make incremental updates possible, reliable and reasonable to work with for non-programmers. The issue is that it is not a minor programming task. Sure it's doable and in fact I think I would be able to do it if I had the time to do so. The problem is precisely that: time. It could end up taking ages to make and get tested and fixed to become as reliable as is needed for stable releases. If a programmer skilled enough to do this would allocate that much time to HM, then I imagine there are other aspects, which would be better use of the time. Something, which has a positive impact on the gameplay for everybody, not just those, who have the low end internet connections.

Also while it feels like gigantic downloads, the release frequency makes it much less of an issue. I mean I think it's something like a single GB on average per month.

Making the full game available for ludites who find it too difficult to install an update will remain a must. :p
That and for first time players. Or just players, who doesn't want to apply update 7 to the same install at some point and just want a clean install.

Reactions: Buletti

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Hey guys haven't played in a solid year at least. I have just 2 questions; 1. I have got the caps to like around 100 for grades, Discipline and popularity I guess but every Sunday I lose 5 grades due to a mystery reason and I wondered if there is a quest line I need to go down or an interaction that prevents it? 2. Just wondered if anyone knows what characters will have focus in the next update and maybe the one after that as well like anyone definitely getting a scene soon?

4.50 star(s) 260 Votes