• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

VN Ren'Py The Hellcat Lounge [v0.3.34] [Wilson Wonka]

4.60 star(s) 74 Votes

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Hmm, we seem to read that statement (by the dev) very differently. I read it - paraphrased - as "it is made clear that she isn't cheating, but I cannot force the reader to believe it because there are things like unreliable narrators and suchlike, but she indeed isn't cheating".
You still fail to get the point that I don't care about the dev's comment at all, as someone playing this game wont read it. If it was on the OP then maybe I would consider taking it into consideration.

I myself didnt know about it until I had this discussion, and just playing the game I concluded there was no definite answer, even if you let her explain.
Thats why I put his quote without changing any of his words, because if you start paraphrasing and putting your own words at convenience you end up with another message entirely, as you did when you included "clear" into a comment that was already saying that the information could be questionable, basically making it contradict itself.

In fact, the user I was discussing this with even admitted that, dont know why you are still trying to suggest it is "clear" she wasn't cheating.
If you choose to hear her out, you find out she wasn't cheating. Though that's completely up to you to believe! It almost sounds like there's no evidence of her cheating, and that we won't know for sure 'in-game' until later.
So yeah, if you just played the game you won't know for sure unless more information is given inside the game later on.

Now, if you read the dev's comment which he made back in april of this year then you know, but if you didnt then you simply dont.

There is a reason why he made that comment in the first place, to clarify the issue.
Just check the comments that were in the game thread before the dev clarified this, specially when the first update just dropped.

Actually I found a comment of yours saying the same thing I am saying:
...... But neither of us of course will know until we get to later parts of the story, which may take a while with the update pace we have. ;)
So why do you want to pretend it was clear all along or, if it was, then why not say so back then :unsure: All I see in comments back then is speculation, which happens when something is not made clear.

I dont think the dev is saying that it is made clear in the game, because if theres anyone who knows it wasnt is him, since he made it ambiguous like that intentionally, probably planning to give more info later in-game.
He just got fed up with people talking about it and decided to reveal that Simone was indeed telling the truth, so people shut up about the "cheating" that didnt even happen.

Can we let this discussion end already?

4.60 star(s) 74 Votes