5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
E-Hentai site cant be reached, for me anyway.
just tested it. works flawlessly.
must be on your end then.

if you live in e.g. russia or china your internet might be restricted by the government. dunno what european country in the eu would restrict e-hentai though... the netherlands maybe???

try using the onion browser. maybe it bypasses some restrictions.

vvrusanov

Jul 20, 2017
Hm, I really try complete this game on hard, but it impossible for me. I haven't enough hp for none ogre at first locations, not attack/defense or combine path give me a chance. I trying some differents combinations, not attacking some for upgrading or attacking everyone with <50 damage, buy attack/defense, hp or keys, nothing work... Simply not enough hp, when, I think, get perfect start with 1 hp on first h-location with defense buffs. I know, what enemies need more def or attack, but I simply can't save hp. There is only 1 option for clear, I think, but I can't find it.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Hm, I really try complete this game on hard, but it impossible for me. I haven't enough hp for none ogre at first locations, not attack/defense or combine path give me a chance. I trying some differents combinations, not attacking some for upgrading or attacking everyone with <50 damage, buy attack/defense, hp or keys, nothing work... Simply not enough hp, when, I think, get perfect start with 1 hp on first h-location with defense buffs. I know, what enemies need more def or attack, but I simply can't save hp. There is only 1 option for clear, I think, but I can't find it.
Are you talking about the two grey ogres at the top of the 4th screen (not counting the starting house location). Yes, that is a very difficult part. It's been a while, but I think one of the things you want to do is use the silver key early to get the items near those ogres, then collect everything you can like the items behind the -500 life panel and all the green goblins that now do 0 dmg. I think then you need to be clever in how you use your keys in the rightmost room on the 4th screen (with the bird and grey ogre). In this whole area the priority seems to be getting your attack up first, defense coming second.

Also I don't think it matters to winning, but you can get past the first part with 2 hp instead of 1 by only ever prioritizing attack and never using any hp or keys to gain just defense. Offense is king in this whole first section.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Don't take everything I said at face value though.. I just played a bit again and I think I may have originally saved the silver key for the door underneath the line of slimes, not used it to get to the ogres. One more piece of advice... it might help to have a calculator handy. It's doable if you really put your mind to it.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
You can mostly ignore my above comments. I just played through the beginning again and got past the ogres. Here are my tips for you.

- Do not fight any birds at all
- Use the 3 regular keys you get across from the [!] panel to open the way to the ogres (with 2 atk, 2 def, and health)
- Use the [!] panel that costs 500 hp to collect the defense
- Get ready to fight the row of slimes leading to the silver door. Do not fight them until they do only 35 dmg each. (you should have 592 hp, 23 atk, 18 def at this point)
- Open both silver doors
- Don't do anything in the left (west) area until you have 44 atk
- Use your first 20 gold to purchase a key, and your next 40 gold to purchase defense
- 4 keys need to be used in the right (east) area, 2 at the bottom to get the key and 2atk 1def (early on) and 2 up top to get the 4atk and health (later on). Only after both of these are done should you use the [!] panel that costs 1000 hp.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: vvrusanov

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
You can mostly ignore my above comments. I just played through the beginning again and got past the ogres. Here are my tips for you.

- Do not fight any birds at all
- Use the 3 regular keys you get across from the [!] panel to open the way to the ogres (with 2 atk, 2 def, and health)
- Use the [!] panel that costs 500 hp to collect the defense
- Get ready to fight the row of slimes leading to the silver door. Do not fight them until they do only 35 dmg each. (you should have 592 hp, 23 atk, 18 def at this point)
- Open both silver doors
- Don't do anything in the left (west) area until you have 44 atk
- Use your first 20 gold to purchase a key, and your next 40 gold to purchase defense
- 4 keys need to be used in the right (east) area, 2 at the bottom to get the key and 2atk 1def (early on) and 2 up top to get the 4atk and health (later on). Only after both of these are done should you use the [!] panel that costs 1000 hp.

Hope that helps.
Hi. I decided to give it another go today. Disheartingly enough I'm a little under 50HP short, to solve the ogre puzzle. I've done some really disgusting stuff with the keys, that made the optimizer in me feel dirty. I remember you writing about having some tips in the other thread. I'm honestly stumped. Something in me is not clicking with this puzzle.

How did you get 23atk and 18 def before the row of slimes? I'm at 2Hp after leaving the second area. Taking the offensive upgrades in the first area and then using the key you get from going on the left path to open the middle. Instead of going straight for the middle. Leaves you with one extra HP... but still a far cry from the 13HP more you have in that area and with more upgrades to boot.

Taking the two health potions. The one right after the second area and the other one near the ogre gate/second H tile has me at 904HP. Taking the first HP tile leaves me with 604HP.

I consider going back to the second area. Taking the defensive buffs behind the now harmless goblins and attacking a cat for a key behind it to be the right move. Taking the defensive upgrade from the cat in the first area nets you +7 HP over waiting with taking after the row of slimes. But I'm still at 579HP and I only have 21atk and 17 def.

... and I just noticed there's a shop in menu. It changes everything and I feel silly.

*Edit* ah it seems you went for the Southern gates of the Eastern path before attacking the slimes.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Taking the second hentai tile after having cleared the row of slimes saves you a lot of HP. I'm currently trying strategies of whether to go for the eastern upper path or getting there without using the extra key by using the left path of the 3rd area first.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
... and I just noticed there's a shop in menu. It changes everything and I feel silly.

*Edit* ah it seems you went for the Southern gates of the Eastern path before attacking the slimes.
Hehe. That had to be quite the face palm moment. Yeah, without noticing the shop there isn't much to say about the strategies being used. I'm actually quite impressed you got to within 50 HP of beating the Ogres without ever having made a purchase. I almost want to try that myself. But you have me interested in the game again, so I am playing it through regularly right now. I have to re-familiarize myself with how it all works. I'm not so much playing as I am just following my own past advice.. just going through the motions to see how it was done.

Yes, the southern gates were essential to my strategy.

Oh by the way, use A and S to change your walk speed. I like to use fast. I would guess you would to.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Taking the second hentai tile after having cleared the row of slimes saves you a lot of HP. I'm currently trying strategies of whether to go for the eastern upper path or getting there without using the extra key by using the left path of the 3rd area first.
I'm actually rethinking my own strategy to see if I can find a more optimal outcome (more hp after beating ogres) and in doing so I see what looks like a flaw in one of my own tips..

" - Don't do anything in the left (west) area until you have 44 atk" I have found this to be flawed. It should be 41 atk.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The shop opened up a whole other can of worms. In order to clear the puzzle more "cleanly". I feel like you need to purchase the attack upgrade for the 45 atk break point of the blue spirit thingies. That is before you buy an extra key. Yet it leaves you with 1 less in attack. Taking the bottom path of the western wing becomes quite viable/needed. Beforehand I would take the upper path and rush to the bird in the middle. This increased attack gets you within a new breaking point of the bird enemies. Allowing you to take the bottom gate of the Eastern path for the keys. Which in turn allows you access to the health potions of the 3 area. There are so many choices to take and I'm not certain which is the best. Especially if you consider the attack/defensive upgrade and how it plays into the next level.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The slightly under 50HP thing was just me getting a bit too excited mentally. I was 40-something off of killing an ogre. I tried everything and just couldn't beat them. I thought it impossible and I felt really dumb for being unable to clear the first level... I was so blinded by the permutations of the puzzle(s), that I didn't even see the game had a shop.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I'm still perplexed by the Southern gate thing of your strategy. Did you attack the goblin as to only make it cost 2 keys instead of 3? Using the 2 spare keys you have to get to the Southern gate quicker. And then a little later using the 2 extra keys you get from that, to get to the Northen gate. Seems like an enormous waste. I don't see what rushing the Southern gate nets you. 2/keys for that slight stat increase seems like a bad tradeoff in the long run. Those 2 extra keys seems better used to get access to the health potion/stat increase gates of the 3rd area. We are talking about the Eastern path and not the one with the row of slimes (2nd area) right?

You also take around 150-180'ish more damage from the goblin, than needed, if you take the 2 key Southern path.

I understand, I may be the one in the wrong here. I'm just a little confused that is all.

Last edited:

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I'm still perplexed by the Southern gate thing of your strategy. Did you attack the goblin as to only make it cost 2 keys instead of 3? Using the 2 spare keys you have to get to the Southern gate quicker. And then a little later using the 2 extra keys you get from that, to get to the Northen gate. Seems like an enormous waste. I don't see what rushing the Southern gate nets you. 2/keys for that slight stat increase seems like a bad tradeoff in the long run. Those 2 extra keys seems better used to get access to the health potion/stat increase gates of the 3rd area. We are talking about the Eastern path and not the one with the row of slimes (2nd area) right?

You also take around 150-180'ish more damage from the goblin, than needed, if you take the 2 key Southern path.

I understand, I may be wrong the one in the wrong here. I'm just a little confused that is all.
My new strategy ran me into a dead end, so I'm abandoning it to try to figure out my old strategy.

There is a misunderstanding about the southern gates. The goal is not to get the 2 keys, but to get the powerups. There is nothing to attack. You use the 2 keys to get the 2 atk, 1 def, and 1 key.

You should have 18 gold when getting to that point. You then need to go back and kill a cat to get 1 atk and then a cat to get 1 key. Then with the 20 gold, buy the second key and proceed.

It's after this I just tried something new... I then used the key I obtained to open the door on the very first combat screen at the bottom to get the 3 def. But this is a trap and messed up my run. I am now going back to the original strategy of holding onto the key (probably for the purpose of opening the northern gates sooner).

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
To be perfectly honest, I don't remember myself how I proceeded from here. Right now I have used the extra key (after the moves mentioned above) to immediately open a path north to get the 1 atk and 2 def without attacking any goblins. I don't know if this was the right move, but it is very promising so far.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I don't remember myself how I proceeded from here. Right now I have used the extra key (after the moves mentioned above) to immediately open a path north to get the 1 atk and 2 def without attacking any goblins. I don't know if this was the right move, but it is very promising so far.
Health is a resource. It's a bit difficult to put a finger on anything, as the values increase with each 20 coins used. But for ease sake. I valued 1 key to be worth 250 health or 2½ upgrades as a baseline on the first level. Preferebly you'd want to go over that value. 2 keys for 3 upgrades and quicker access to a key seems like a bad deal. Especially as the ease of access to the key is sort of mute with the 2 keys spend. The extra key used locks you out of some very important upgrades.

I think the major difference is that you are delaying the 2nd H tile. Once you have cleared the slime rows. You should have around 907 HP if you defeated the cat in the first area guarding the defense upgrade. Otherwise you'll be at 900 HP. Attacking the goblin in the intersection/ogre gate (4th area) guarding a health potion. Get's you to around 1126 HP, if I recall correctly.

Taking the 1000HP loss now for all the attack upgrades. Strongly reduces the damage you take from goblins. You'll be able to immediately get to the northern gate of the Eastern path and all the upgrades guarded by the warrior goblins. Just attacking the goblins guarding the defensive path first, as that makes you take a little less damage here and in the long run. Use 2 keys instead of 1 here so you don't have to all the spirits. Once you've gotten the central loot of the 3 upgrades. You'll have plenty of health and good stats to take on the rest of the areas. Attacking the spirits is around a 750 HP loss directly. There is another path that sort of works. But I haven't been able to make it work as good. Taking the upgrades from the left side of the third area insteac, can get you going a little and it saves you a key.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Health is a resource. It's a bit difficult to put a finger on anything, as the values increase with each 20 coins used. But for ease sake. I valued 1 key to be worth 250 health or 2½ upgrades as a baseline on the first level. Preferebly you'd want to go over that value. 2 keys for 3 upgrades and quicker access to a key seems like a bad deal. Especially as the ease of access to the key is sort of mute with the 2 keys spend. The extra key used locks you out of some very important upgrades.

I think the major difference is that you are delaying the 2nd H tile. Once you have cleared the slime rows. You should have around 907 HP if you defeated the cat in the first area guarding the defense upgrade. Otherwise you'll be at 900 HP. Attacking the goblin in the intersection/ogre gate (4th area) guarding a health potion. Get's you to around 1126 HP, if I recall correctly.

Taking the 1000HP loss now for all the attack upgrades. Strongly reduces the damage you take from goblins. You'll be able to immediately get to the northern gate of the Eastern path and all the upgrades guarded by the warrior goblins. Just attacking the goblins guarding the defensive path first, as that makes you take a little less damage here and in the long run. Use 2 keys instead of 1 here so you don't have to all the spirits. Once you've gotten the central loot of the 3 upgrades. You'll have plenty of health and good stats to take on the rest of the areas. Attacking the spirits is around a 750 HP loss directly. There is another path that sort of works. But I haven't been able to make it work as good. Taking the upgrades from the left side of the third area insteac, can get you going a little and it saves you a key.
Ok, I finally cleared it using my old strategy. I kept falling into so many traps before getting back on the same track I was when I last played this over a year ago. One thing you said here made me realize a trap I was falling into.

Although you are right that 2 keys for 3 upgrades is a bad deal, it is an essential sacrifice (at least according to how I was able to beat it). The trap I fell into was thinking going north next was the right move. My original instinct of going for the 3 def all the way south turned out to be the move to make.

I must have done something differently from the past though, because when I fought the row of slimes, they did 20 dmg each. So I fought them later on. One thing you said about fighting goblins earlier is something I tried and realized that is a necessary sacrifice (the ones blocking the northern gates in eastern section). Fighting them before the slimes was key. Also, I did not do the -1000 [!] immediately after the slimes, but first opened the northern gates.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote