• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Whatever your personal tastes and prefered kinks are, The Higher Society is a very well crafted visual novel. The scene works very well and the intriguing story is unravelled with a quality narrative. The girls and women are sexy, the MC is complex, and the whole work, well, works. If I were Commander Shepard, and we were on the CItadel, and THS was a store, I would endorse it!

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
So before i start this do i have to play any other other games from this dev or is this completely different game not in the same universe or anything.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So before i start this do i have to play any other other games from this dev or is this completely different game not in the same universe or anything.
You don't need to play anything else first, at all. There's another game, The Higher Society: Text-based that is the same story (and much farther along in it), but just presented differently.

Reactions: Shawnchapp

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is there an option to remove the "step" or an Ipatch available?
I don't believe so, although I might have missed the patch if there is one. (Personally I'm completely neutral on incest, so I don't care either way myself.) It would be more than some simple changing of how characters refer to each other, though. There are lines of dialogue where the background (which indicates Angelina is not blood-related to the MC) would need to have full phrases or even entire sentences changed. But overall it's probably not extremely difficult to do or anything.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I don't believe so, although I might have missed the patch if there is one. (Personally I'm completely neutral on incest, so I don't care either way myself.) It would be more than some simple changing of how characters refer to each other, though. There are lines of dialogue where the background (which indicates Angelina is not blood-related to the MC) would need to have full phrases or even entire sentences changed. But overall it's probably not extremely difficult to do or anything.

i'm still earlyon in this game but so far they only mention step daughter once... she just calls im dad most of the time and he calls her daughter.. sure im not even sure a patch is required... (unless the walkthrough mod made those changes)

edit: ya just doing a search for "step-" in the script file only pops up 4 results

1695616602284.png

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i'm still earlyon in this game but so far they only mention step daughter once... she just calls im dad most of the time and he calls her daughter.. sure im not even sure a patch is required... (unless the walkthrough mod made those changes)

edit: ya just doing a search for "step-" in the script file only pops up 4 results

View attachment 2955366
Yeah. It's not a lot. It's more the stuff about meeting Violet in the first place. If he met her when she already had Angelina, he's obviously not the biological father.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah. It's not a lot. It's more the stuff about meeting Violet in the first place. If he met her when she already had Angelina, he's obviously not the biological father.
oh i know I'm just saying if someone wanted to make a patch would be really simple but pretty much outside the game just telling use their step-family off the bat it never really ever mentioned again.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020

View attachment 2955366
oh i know I'm just saying if someone wanted to make a patch would be really simple but pretty much outside the game just telling use their step-family off the bat it never really ever mentioned again.

Thank guys, I really appreciate your responses, very positive. Personally, I love incest and a lot of other fetishes that are fantasy only. I would like the language to reflect what it is supposed to be, but, it isn't a deal breaker, for me anyway. The girls are hot and the graphics are wonderful, that is the main thing. A good story also helps.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Was wondering about that incest tag as well, only just started playing this can see hes the stepdad and there is no patch for fixing it, so if it stays this way there shouldent really be a tag for incest.
No big deal for me either aslong as the girls are petty i dont really care but it did still make me wonder :)

simple_human

Dec 2, 2018
Made an incest patch. Superficially ran through the script without delving into the plot.
version: [0.21] will work with future versions. If you spot any lines or a scene that should be changed, let me know, screenshot would help.
feature: Eng only. Changes all conversations/references about the biological father, makes mc the biological father.
pc install: Unzip it into the "game" folder.

notes:
I might have missed something, if you spot any lines with the old or new content that should be changed, let me know(preferably with a description of the scene and line text, a screenshot would also help).
This patch should be compatible with future versions(unless the dev changes the code).

Last edited:

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Made an incest patch. Superficially ran through the script without delving into the plot.
version: [v0.16b]
feature: Changes all conversations/references about the biological father, makes mc the biological father.
install: Unzip it into the "game" folder.

notes:
Not compatible with 0x52_URM.
This patch should be compatible with future versions(unless the dev changes the code), may(or not) require an update for new content.
I might have missed something, let me know if you see it(preferably with a description of the scene and line text, a screenshot would also help).
This will be very confusing later in the story when the biological father turns up....

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
This will be very confusing later in the story when the biological father turns up....
If that happens in the story shouldent incest tag just be removed? or does MC have other kids or a sister we dont know about yet?
No real point in a tag if its not in the game :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
If that happens in the story shouldent incest tag just be removed? or does MC have other kids or a sister we dont know about yet?
you have the 2 sisters so its already in the game

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
yeah i knew that shit would happen .... kinda saw it in a vision ... of a very sexy ass young step daughter .... it kinda makes one wonder .. will mommy still have a thing for him .... maybe she's been banging him on the side .. that the MC didn't know about :unsure:

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Without spoiling too much of the story, I believe that more people would be upset if the tag was missing. I've added a few more tags than necessary but I think it's better to warn people that the story may have content that they find offensive.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes