Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
script.rpy, line 63913:
if dumpM == False:
Should be True, otherwise sex leads to no sex aftermath and vice-versa.

line 64157:
e "(I probably shouldn’t tell her that [m] and I shared a bed last night.]"
Should end with a ) instead of a ].

Reactions: xxerikxx

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Why is this game even here in this section, if it's not a virtual game or virtual novel? It's just a book, not virtual at all! Shouldn't it be in a regular book section or something? Shouldn't there be a separate section for "Text-based books" like there are in public libraries? You know, as there are for microfiche and microfilm, etc.?

deuteronomy1956

Dec 11, 2022
script.rpy, line 63913:
if dumpM == False:

Is this the error where when I reject Mila in the motel during the storm but the next day it reads like we had sex most of the night? And the reverse is true if you accept Mila and the next day it reads like the storm kept us up late and no mention of sex.

Thanks for still working on this game. It's become one of my favs.

Reactions: Emelex

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Is this the error where when I reject Mila in the motel during the storm but the next day it reads like we had sex most of the night? And the reverse is true if you accept Mila and the next day it reads like the storm kept us up late and no mention of sex.

Thanks for still working on this game. It's become one of my favs.
script.rpy, line 63913:
if dumpM == False:
It looks like it's been fixed:

label Norm47B:
show e at right
show m at left
if dumpM == False:
jump MMsex47
else:
jump Nosex47

label MMsex47:
sc "[m] and [e] are waking up together."
e "Good morning, sweety."

m "Is it morning already?"

dumpM == False means that you haven't dumped Mila. So then it's correct that you wake up with her after having sex the night before.

If it wasn't fixed in the version that was released here then it will be fixed in the next update. If you haven't ended the relationship with Mila then you can just keep on playing your savegame and you will still be in a sexual relationship with Mila later in the story.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
It looks like it's been fixed:

label Norm47B:
show e at right
show m at left
if dumpM == False:
jump MMsex47
else:
jump Nosex47

label MMsex47:
sc "[m] and [e] are waking up together."
e "Good morning, sweety."

m "Is it morning already?"

dumpM == False means that you haven't dumped Mila. So then it's correct that you wake up with her after having sex the night before.

If it wasn't fixed in the version that was released here then it will be fixed in the next update. If you haven't ended the relationship with Mila then you can just keep on playing your savegame and you will still be in a sexual relationship with Mila later in the story.
The next line is jump Nosex47 instead of MMsex47 in the released version of the game, so you're right, it's probably something that will be fixed in the next update.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Mpregnant requiring you to *not* sleep with her on 1st available choice is counter-intuitive.
Since it's not an alternative choice (like choose between A or M), there's no value to saying no unless you know the code & want the Mpregnant variable.
I suggest either Mpregnant variable is there for both day 36 & 37 scenes, or make day 36 choose between a & m event. sneak36 choice is too default for any player who hasn't dumped M.

Also, the sound effects are overused & annoying. All the OOAAHHHHHHAAAHHHH type things are used too frequently, like:
OOOOAAAHHHH!"
e "(Wonder if she’s jealous?)"
s "OOAAHHHHHHAAAHHHH!"
e "(Or perhaps she’s turned on by this?)"
s "OOOAAHHHHHHHH!"
e "(Perhaps she’s lying in bed and touching herself?)"
s "OOOOAAAHHHHHAHHH!"
e "(My arms are starting to get tired …)"
s "OAAAOOOOOAAHHHHHH!"

try to find another alternative to express whatever you're trying to express with the effects/sounds. It's overused currently. Anything that's used every other line is not good.
Also the same a+o+h permutations is used during punishment (flogging) & reward/pleasure (sex) scenes, making the meanings indistinct.
Try mixing in some descriptions & take note if the the sounds are used too many times within a certain scenes.
Like:

OOOOAAAHHHH!"
[s ] moans again, just a little louder than before, clearly enjoying [e]'s ministrations.
[s ]'s face contorts in pleasure, her mouth opens as she makes her feelings audible
s "OOOOAAAHHHHHAHHH!"
s "OAAAOOOOOAAHHHHHH!" (remove the line & move on to the next line. No need to keep repeating the exact same thing every other line. It dilutes it's impact)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, main storyline progress with Charles. Hope the game doesn't end too soon, as a short spin-off. Enjoyed the 'single mc harem' style game from you immensely. The multi-protag of 2nd chance kinda ruined it for me.
Hope this game becomes a success, eliciting a second game like this (and unlike 2nd chance) from you.:p

Gook Luck & keep up the good work(y)

Last edited:

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Mpregnant requiring you to *not* sleep with her on 1st available choice is counter-intuitive.
Since it's not an alternative choice (like choose between A or M), there's no value to saying no unless you know the code & want the Mpregnant variable.
I suggest either Mpregnant variable is there for both day 36 & 37 scenes, or make day 36 choose between a & m event. sneak36 choice is too default for any player who hasn't dumped M.

Also, the sound effects are overused & annoying. All the OOAAHHHHHHAAAHHHH type things are used too frequently, like:
OOOOAAAHHHH!"
s "OOAAHHHHHHAAAHHHH!"
s "OOOAAHHHHHHHH!"
s "OOOOAAAHHHHHAHHH!"
s "OAAAOOOOOAAHHHHHH!"

try to find another alternative to express whatever you're trying to express with the effects/sounds. It's overused currently. Anything that's used every other line is not good.
Also the same a+o+h permutations is used during punishment (flogging) & reward/pleasure (sex) scenes, making the meanings indistinct.
Try mixing in some descriptions & take note if the the sounds are used too many times within a certain scenes.
Like:

OOOOAAAHHHH!"
[s ] moans again, just a little louder than before, clearly enjoying [e]'s ministrations.
[s ]'s face contorts in pleasure, her mouth opens as she makes her feelings audible
s "OOOOAAAHHHHHAHHH!"
s "OAAAOOOOOAAHHHHHH!" (remove the line & move on to the next line. No need to keep repeating the exact same thing every other line. It dilutes it's impact)

Anyway, main storyline progress with Charles. Hope the game doesn't end too soon, as a short spin-off. Enjoyed the 'single mc harem' style game from you immensely. The multi-protag of 2nd chance kinda ruined it for me.
Hope this game becomes a success, eliciting a second game like this (and unlike 2nd chance) from you.:p

Gook Luck & keep up the good work(y)
Thanks for great feedback!

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
It's more about things having different values inherently, than anything you try actively. If one choice leads to a scene & the other one doesn't, it inherently becomes good/bad or rewards/punish alternatives.
Like being mean removes J from provo. Your intentions notwithstanding, that automatically makes it a good vs bad choice given J's screentime in the game so far at the beginning & the resulting attachment players will develop cause of that.(J is technically 1st girl)

My suggestion was basically that storywise Jenny is most suitable mentor due to how much connection AE+JL have, making sense that would be the 1st choice for E considering how important A is to him. Felt weird he went with T instead. That's all.

3 paths are fine, but they are not equal storywise, cause of the relationship between L+J & E+A.

Anyway, the scenes so far are basically identical. Once A+E+mentor scenes happen, I hope J scenes atleast diverge & reference their close relations & past interactions.
I feel that would make the storyline better, if J was not the same as the other 2 girls who didn't have any deeper connection/relationship with the MC previously.

Basically find a balance between game design ( 3 routes) & plot/story design.
J's previous involvement with E, & even the content with L, give more opportunities for customisation on the Jenny path.
It'd be a pity if that was ignored to keep the path balanced with the other 2 girls who don't have as much history with E&A.

Also, having identical scenes & dialogues on different routes is not a good incentive for multiple play-throughs. Otherwise it's the same thing with different models only.
(I know the overall plot restricts that, but making routes without making them different from each other is pointless. Again, find how much different the 3 mentoring styles can be without messing up the overall plot. Not easy, but necessary if you want to make exclusive routes distinctive)

Yes, I already noticed some small differences in dialogue & reference to E+J anal, when A talks to the 3 girls. Hopefully those differences will amplify in future scenes, leading to different alternatives in the 3 routes. Especially J's route, I know everyone would love more content between J+E+A (maybe even L)

Anyway, just my thoughts. Basically don't be bogged down by balancing the routes to avoid good/bad paths, feel free to add more content if one route has more flexibility than others (like J route can involve L possibily).

Have a good day :giggle:

Last edited:

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
It's more about things having different values inherently, than anything you try actively. If one choice leads to a scene & the other one doesn't, it inherently becomes good/bad or rewards/punish alternatives.
Like being mean removes J from provo. Your intentions notwithstanding, that automatically makes it a good vs bad choice given J's screentime in the game so far at the beginning & the resulting attachment players will develop cause of that.(J is technically 1st girl)

My suggestion was basically that storywise Jenny is most suitable mentor due to how much connection AE+JL have, making sense that would be the 1st choice for E considering how important A is to him. Felt weird he went with T instead. That's all.

3 paths are fine, but they are not equal storywise, cause of the relationship between L+J & E+A.

Anyway, the scenes so far are basically identical. Once A+E+mentor scenes happen, I hope J scenes atleast diverge & reference their close relations & past interactions.
I feel that would make the storyline better, if J was not the same as the other 2 girls who didn't have any deeper connection/relationship with the MC previously.

Basically find a balance between game design ( 3 routes) & plot/story design.
J's previous involvement with E, & even the content with L, give more opportunities for customisation on the Jenny path.
It'd be a pity if that was ignored to keep the path balanced with the other 2 girls who don't have as much history with E&A.

Also, having identical scenes & dialogues on different routes is not a good incentive for multiple play-throughs. Otherwise it's the same thing with different models only.
(I know the overall plot restricts that, but making routes without making them different from each other is pointless. Again, find how much different the 3 mentoring styles can be without messing up the overall plot. Not easy, but necessary if you want to make exclusive routes distinctive)

Yes, I already noticed some small differences in dialogue & reference to E+J anal, when A talks to the 3 girls. Hopefully those differences will amplify in future scenes, leading to different alternatives in the 3 routes. Especially J's route, I know everyone would love more content between J+E+A (maybe even L)

Anyway, just my thoughts. Basically don't be bogged down by balancing the routes to avoid good/bad paths, feel free to add more content if one route has more flexibility than others (like J route can involve L possibily).

Have a good day :giggle:
Thanks again for the feedback

If one choice leads to a scene & the other one doesn't, it inherently becomes good/bad or rewards/punish alternatives.
Like being mean removes J from provo.
Many players would probably prefer to keep Jenny while others will prefer to spend time with Rebecca and Emily. I hope that it doesn't feel like a punishment if you go down that route.

You may argue that Jenny is more suitable but part of MC's job in THS is to find suitable assignments for Tenley. Unless Mr. X has become her mentor then this is a very good assignment for Tenley.

You will still have a different relationship with Jenny than the other girls. You will spend time on the yacht with Jenny and Lucy and if you want then you can have a sexual relationship with Jenny. If at some point it turns into something sexual with Tenley or Emily then that will differ from the relationship MC has with Jenny.

So far the mentor-role has just been about helping Angelina with her training and therefor the scenes has been almost identical. Let's see what happens in the future...

Reactions: Emelex

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Many players would probably prefer to keep Jenny while others will prefer to spend time with Rebecca and Emily. I hope that it doesn't feel like a punishment if you go down that route.

You may argue that Jenny is more suitable but part of MC's job in THS is to find suitable assignments for Tenley. Unless Mr. X has become her mentor then this is a very good assignment for Tenley.

You will still have a different relationship with Jenny than the other girls. You will spend time on the yacht with Jenny and Lucy and if you want then you can have a sexual relationship with Jenny. If at some point it turns into something sexual with Tenley or Emily then that will differ from the relationship MC has with Jenny.

So far the mentor-role has just been about helping Angelina with her training and therefor the scenes has been almost identical. Let's see what happens in the future...
i do hope you give us a shot at sex with our daughter .... i mean i understand the slow burn thing .. but after awhile people tend to get restless about that .. well ok they get restless on about everything :LOL:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020

I only felt it unrealistic that her interactions with ppl she met a day ago be the same as her friend she had shared many interactions with. In my canon playthru, every Jenny choice was taken. So she had interactions in home, at provo, on the yatch, etc. Felt weird that she'd have the same basic dialogue with such a friend as with T or Em who she just met 1-2 days ago.
Like if your friend is your boss vs a stranger is your boss, the interactions will be very different, even though both have the same role - your boss.

The problem I felt with this logic was that Angelina was not a regular assignment. So MC should focus on her & getting her the best mentor, not focus on getting Tenley a suitable assignment & just use A as that assignment.
Basically, if J was an option, it feels MC should have tried to setup that arrangement before falling on T or Em as back-ups. Cause he should be prioritising finding A the best Mentor over finding his other girls suitable assignments.

It's not a big deal, but same as the 3 interactions in 3 routes stated above, it kinda feels out of character. Like it was designed with the routes in mind, to make them same to each other without making one route feel like a reward/good route.
Might just be me tho, since we had talked on this topic before, so I maybe I was looking at it in a certain way. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Also, I've been looking at the code instead of playing the game, so it's very easy to compare the alternatives side by side. Like that call to L should've been MC's 1st instinct imo, not only after T & Em were ruled out. But that might not feel the same playing the game normally (since you cannot see the conditions required).

So I still feel it'd make more sense if MC 1st calls L to set up J as the mentor. Then it may be accepted/rejected based on JLeaves flag & then he'd use his assigned girls as a back-up mentor. Based on A'a importance to MC as compared to the THS or T/Em.
Again, just my perception of the story:censored:

Eh, as alternatives go, it wasn't bad.
But yeah, Jenny being removed was very much a consequence of MC's actions, a negative consequence. While some may choose this on their second play-through to get the Em route options, for a 1st playthru, most(almost all) will rollback & choose to be nice to Jenny.
Because, as a recurring main LI, Jenny will always have more value than secondary characters like Em or Rebeca, who don't have that level of development and/or screentime.
You can see it in other games with multiple main & secondary LI.

Don't worry about it though. It's human nature to assign value to everything & those values will ofc be different. Emily route will always remain secondary in value cause of how much development Jenny had prior to that. But everything has a winner & loser, the secondary route is not bad at all for a second play-through to get the alternative paths.

Just don't be too focused on balancing each route just so people don't feel punished. Let the routes flow organically & let them be unequal if necessary.

PS: Anyway, here's an idea I had. Just read it casually:
So all 3 mentors basically say the same thing in the Anal topic. I thought it'd be interesting if each had differing views on the matter.
Jenny is fixed, ofc. But for the other 2:
>1 could love it & be very enthusiastic about the topic. She could have anal with MC before A to show how enjoyable it is.
>1 could be not so fond of anal. She could assure that A that it can be pleasurable, while also stating it's okay to dislike it & she only does it if ordered, since it isn't her kink. She could have anal with MC to show A that it's perfectly okay to engage in anal even if that isn't your main kink.
>1 could be an anal virgin. She could be experienced in lots of stuff, but never got to anal. She could get involved in A's experience & have anal with MC to give A a preview of losing her virginity.
>Etc.

Basically they'd have distinctive difference in thoughts about anal instead of saying basically the same thing. Might give a bit more personality to the routes. Idk :unsure:

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
I could not care less. I want the players to be aware that Angelina in this story will end up having sex with the person she think of as her father.
With the new part with her trying to find her biological father.... Is she going to finally have real blood relationship incest and not fake the incest with the MC? Be funny if its accidental or due to obligations with THS as her biological father is part of the group..... Which could lead to her cheating on the MC or he ends up wanting to watch them go at it for some extra voyeurism spice....

3.00 star(s) 9 Votes