Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
I like that we got a black guy for once, and he's not the same played-out stereotypes these games always fart out. But those ladies look like they planted the ugly tree specifically to spite all future generations. No offense.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Well, not a BAD start. But it didn't quite catch me anyways.

The english is solid, a bit on the slang side imo, but no engrish at all.

The girls are unique which CAN be good. Just in some pics they look plain ugly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cannot say much about the story yet, but it doesn't strike me as something revolutionary new.

So solid start, would rate 3/5. Could go up, could go down in the future.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
The only thing i would be critic about is something manny games using weapons as props get wrong. Like here:

In this scene the protagonist (who is supposed to be military trained) is holding a rifle like he is a bad 80s movie gangster. If you can polish up on the animation/posing side here and find some reference material for how to properly hold a rifle when clearing angles and such, then you could improve those renders to be more realistic and less silly.

Other than that i applaud the use of diverse characters (as in some thicc ladies as well as the more usual standard looking ladies.) and the use of a black protagonist. I will be trying this game out for sure. Good luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fuscen and Stormmie

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Hourglass [v0.1] Unofficial Android Port

- 231mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
Off, the models of the girls on this one are horrible. Renders are pretty grainy and images are uncompressed PNG. The writing is terrible. This one needs a LOT of work.

Zonic Squared

Jan 1, 2018
Black MC, so I'm interested, but there seems be some issues upfront. I'll watch to see where this title goes. Good luck.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
As a black man, I'm excited to see a MC that isnt a thug/rapist/NTR-cucklord...
But the writing - needs work
The women - needs ALOT of work! That bartender looks like ManBearPig!
Has promise though...I'll keep an eye on it.
Not a Black man, but I'm ALSO glad there is a good looking black dude that isn't a complete stereotype! I also like that the Dev is active and engaged in the thread. Good signs for an up and comer ;)

Stormmie From the opening info provided on this page, I don't see much of a hook yet besides "Dude wants ladies". Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to catch more people, you need more of a hook than that. Incest is my biggest hook and I've only ever ONCE seen a black family that was actually Incest and that was in Maou Sama, so you'd be the proper first ;)

If you're not going in that route, that's cool, just give us some interesting direction to go into that isn't "Which girl am I gonna fuck today!" I do like the girl in the banner image, so I guess that's a plus :)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Oof yeah, this is just unreadable. If you don't have the patience to edit gui.rpy yourself or install the mod above, you can go to ren'py's native accessibility options with Shift+A, override the font, and enable high-contrast text:

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Whether that's enough to actually make the game worth playing remains to be seen.

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
Not a Black man, but I'm ALSO glad there is a good looking black dude that isn't a complete stereotype! I also like that the Dev is active and engaged in the thread. Good signs for an up and comer ;)

Stormmie From the opening info provided on this page, I don't see much of a hook yet besides "Dude wants ladies". Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to catch more people, you need more of a hook than that. Incest is my biggest hook and I've only ever ONCE seen a black family that was actually Incest and that was in Maou Sama, so you'd be the proper first ;)

If you're not going in that route, that's cool, just give us some interesting direction to go into that isn't "Which girl am I gonna fuck today!" I do like the girl in the banner image, so I guess that's a plus :)
Appreciate your comment, man!

Reactions: Larry2000

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Stormmie, there's a mislabeled jump in shower.rpy, if you have the MC check out the noise at night but don't hang around to creep on Thalia:
Code:
menu:
    "Peak again.":
        pass
    "Don't.":
        jump produlji
Leads to:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/fuckeverythingthatmoves.rpy", line 946, in script call
    call shower from _call_shower
  File "game/shower.rpy", line 34, in script
    jump produlji
ScriptError: could not find label 'produlji'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump produlji
  File "...\Hourglass-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "...\Hourglass-0.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
Stormmie, there's a mislabeled jump in shower.rpy, if you have the MC check out the noise at night but don't hang around to creep on Thalia:
Code:
menu:
    "Peak again.":
        pass
    "Don't.":
        jump produlji
Leads to:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump produlji

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump produlji
  File "...\Hourglass-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "...\Hourglass-0.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
Hey, thank you for that! Yesterday the problem was mentioned, and It's already fixed. I just have to upload it again, I guess. Take care, my friend.

Reactions: gregers

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
Yo, I enjoyed this VN. It has couple of issues that needs to be addressed but other than that you're on right track in my humble opinion. Renders are great!

As mentioned before texts are hard to read. You have to take care of that font or/and color, and sentences that are presented cut in chunks makes them hard to read. You should add complete sentences - don't be afraid of text walls as most of us actually enjoy reading.

Good luck!

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
Yo, I enjoyed this VN. It has couple of issues that needs to be addressed but other than that you're on right track in my humble opinion. Renders are great!

As mentioned before texts are hard to read. You have to take care of that font or/and color, and sentences that are presented cut in chunks makes them hard to read. You should add complete sentences - don't be afraid of text walls as most of us actually enjoy reading.

Good luck!
I really do appreciate your opinion. Thank you for that, all of these things will be fixed in the next version!

Reactions: Tauro Thurius