RPGM Abandoned The Humbling Experience [v0.32] [Greyinu]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Mephist

Feb 20, 2018
Why god WHYYYYYYYYY. My heart breaks into pieces every time i come back here.
Probably because a lot of people are discovering this one of a kind and fantastic game for the first time. I also hope he will finish this gem at one point but sadly I have little hope of that happening. Sucks that one of the best games created will never get the ending it deserves (unless someone steps in and finishes it or the dev eventually comes back)

Mephist

Feb 20, 2018
RIP great game.
Why did he abandon it anyway? It seemed to go so well and then BAM - it's over!
Sadly we never got an explanation other than he was transferred to another department by his boss so he had less time. But he never said he was abandoning it

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
Sounds to me he got overwhelmed by the amount of work he had to do.
The game was huge and had tons of possible routes.
Let's hope he changes his mind one day ..
and I notice he still gets $60 each month from his Patrons XD

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
RIP THEx
THExTest1.jpg Kelly "What's news Nico?"
Nico "We completed a grid search.... nothing again. Greyinu is still missing."
Kelly"Dammit it's been over a year now. I watched every episode of Lost again last month out of boredom."
Nico "And how does that make you feel? Did it make you feel like taking that Top off?"
Kelly "Oh no Missy, your not getting in my head again, well not until we find Greyinu and get the Story restarted."

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
The most fucked up thing about all this is that the creator acts like he doesn't exist.
He sees all his paying costumers asking questions. He sees the fans wondering what happened.
You don't just "quit the internet". Come on. Nobody's that gullible.
He sees the money from Patreon on his bank account. He takes it. He uses it. Even to this day.
And he just chooses to act like he doesn't exist.
No sorry, no explanation, no goodbye, no stopping his Patreon. Just acting like it never happened.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
The most fucked up thing about all this is that the creator acts like he doesn't exist.
He sees all his paying costumers asking questions. He sees the fans wondering what happened.
You don't just "quit the internet". Come on. Nobody's that gullible.
He sees the money from Patreon on his bank account. He takes it. He uses it. Even to this day.
And he just chooses to act like he doesn't exist.
No sorry, no explanation, no goodbye, no stopping his Patreon. Just acting like it never happened.
Indeed yes. I have spent months searching for all his Assets for this game and these 2 characters and a few of their clothes are all I have found so far. It looks to me like many of the Rooms were created from scratch. If he had left a Blueprint we could probably Mod it like Big Brother Fans have, but it looks impossible to continue to me. So frustrating :confused:

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Indeed yes. I have spent months searching for all his Assets for this game and these 2 characters and a few of their clothes are all I have found so far. It looks to me like many of the Rooms were created from scratch. If he had left a Blueprint we could probably Mod it like Big Brother Fans have, but it looks impossible to continue to me. So frustrating :confused:
It's a shame because it had a really promising premise, if the dude was suffering from burnout and actually said he needed a break, I think people would be more forgiving but no word in almost a year? Yeah, either kill the campaign or hand it off to someone willing to finish the project.

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
I miss you Kelly!!!
For some reason the watch thread function didn't work.... Sadly it will never be a Kelly ever again....

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
He doesn't really profit from it anymore though, the vast majority of his patrons left. He makes something like 50 dollars a month, probably from people who forgot to unsub.

I agree with the rest of your post.

DudeDiabolos

Sep 9, 2017
Really sad. In terms of writing and character, this game was so good and refreshing. The build-up had the perfect pace and when it finally got really crazy... it stops. Damn.

Reactions: Netori Popeye

Deoku

May 5, 2017
It's funny that you mention that because soon as I went over to svscomics site there's a renpy remake being posted. xD Seems some fan is actually doing just that.

Mephist

Feb 20, 2018
It's funny that you mention that because soon as I went over to svscomics site there's a renpy remake being posted. xD Seems some fan is actually doing just that.
But the story won't be completed unless they're gonna continue it

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes