Hynkka

Dec 2, 2017
Been working hard on this translation for 3 months. Ugh, that's incredibly disheartening. Such a waste of time.
But at least it's out with an AI patch and I can move onto other projects.
Hey, just wanted to say that I'm one of those people who doesn't consider a game translated if it's an MTL. True, some of them can be decent when doctored, but nothing beats an honest, manual translation. I like to know what the fuck is happening when I experience a story. So the fact that so many games end up not being translated properly because of MTL makes me absolutely depressed. If you really feel like dropping the project, that's fine, but know that there is at least one person out here who would welcome your work.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Maybe your manual TL would be better than the AI TL... but indeed it can be disheartening...
Wasn't his TL adapted google translate? It's still fairly exhausting to do, but modern mtl is often much closer to the script in the end. I don't see why one can't provide an alternative translation to the existing mtl still. You just have to make it better, so more effort, yes.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Been working hard on this translation for 3 months. Ugh, that's incredibly disheartening. Such a waste of time.
I know the feeling... Still, don't let this discourage you! A manual translation would be a ton better, no need to let all your efforts go to waste due to the devs taking the easy and shitty way out of providing a decent translation.

And if you do decide to finish the translation, please share it with the community. I'm sure that quite a few people, myself included, would appreciate it.

Either way, best of luck in your future projects!

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well.... this Dev just went on my "I'll never pay you a single dime even if it kills me." list...

Fucking piece of shit AI translation patches...

Ravelord Nito

Jan 14, 2017
sucks that you are not continuing your translation how far done were you with it

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
There is no problem in implementing your translation into the game and updating this thread, especially if it turns out to be much better than the AI translation. But yes, it's terrible when you work for 3 months on a translation and then an official patch appears. Regardless, I didn't want to disappoint you, but if I hadn't posted it today, someone else would have done it a little later. Much respect for you and your work.

Last edited:

alscio

Oct 26, 2018
This, this is the reason i despise MTL (aside for the obvious poetry).
Good luck for your other project.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks y'all. You've (semi) convinced me to continue the project, but given that it already has a translation (albeit AI MTL), it's not gonna be as high on my priority list, and I'll put untranslated projects before this one. But yeah, if there's a want for this, I'll continue since I also really enjoyed translating this one.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes