ShannonKun

Apr 30, 2019
Not with this game engine I'm afraid.
How you have the patience to answer the same questions hundreds of times, even when the answer is just a page before or a post above, without sarcasm and without pointing out that the ones asking could have just literally raised their heads a bit from the keyboard and see the answer, leaves me speechless.

I mean, I'm a patient guy myself, but when the answer is on the same page the question was posted on, the best I can muster is to ignore and hope they do the very least of back-reading the next time they log on.

Wow.

Doragor

Sep 9, 2018
Trying to merge with the beautification mod, having issues with the Basic Data folder. Something there downgrades the game back to 1.35, but without it you don't get the updated appearances for bandit npcs...

Think I need to edit the DataBase_dat.txt in order to get it to work.
Edit : It's not DataBase_dat.txt ...
Is there a way to merge the contents of txt files?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Trying to merge with the beautification mod, having issues with the Basic Data folder. Something there downgrades the game back to 1.35, but without it you don't get the updated appearances for bandit npcs...

Think I need to edit the DataBase_dat.txt in order to get it to work.
Edit : It's not DataBase_dat.txt ...
Is there a way to merge the contents of txt files?
I initially had the same questions. Beauty Pack Txts are not relevant to the game at all, those are either decrypted versions of the .dat files or reference files. My guess is whoever worked on BP used it to assist himself modding and the never bothered taking them off the folder.
You can't replace merge it like that. You need to download Wolf Editor and know what to port. Which I already did.

If you want to learn you can check Around pages 80-90, there's some info on it.

Or just be patient. I'm powering through it but there's a lot to translate / fix.

Sep 21, 2020
By the way. If you're using Wolf Editor don't let your system crash while you have it open.
The code is a piece of shit and the autobackup folders are just for show.
I had the good sense of making a manual backup. But this crash just cost me days of work. The recent dat files are corrupted. and unable to open
By file size I can tell there's chunks of data missing so it's not even salvagable.

Some nasty bullshit. You live and learn I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: popior and Gweg

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
By the way. If you're using Wolf Editor don't let your system crash while you have it open.
The code is a piece of shit and the autobackup folders are just for show.
I had the good sense of making a manual backup. But this crash just cost me days of work. The recent dat files are corrupted. and unable to open
By file size I can tell there's chunks of data missing so it's not even salvagable.

Some nasty bullshit. You live and learn I guess.
Goddammit. I literally feel as upset as you must feel. Please don't feel down. I am so hyped for your mod friend. At least you are partially backed up. Are you trying to get it all done by the 20th or do you think there will be any delays? No art asset were lost right?

Sep 21, 2020
Goddammit. I literally feel as upset as you must feel. Please don't feel down. I am so hyped for your mod friend. At least you are partially backed up. Are you trying to get it all done by the 20th or do you think there will be any delays? No art asset were lost right?
No, the art is fine. Even if that was the case I have 8GB of high resolution backup raw files I keep somewhere else.
I also managed to recover the meta translation and other things that weren't on User DB.
It was only that one file. Which sucks because I had cleanly fixed up every line of dialogue on pretty much every generic character, minding expression triggers and everything.

As it is I'm not rushing before 1.5 comes out because what I'm doing right now is perfectly portable through DB export-import. I could easily move everything to 1.5
Hence why I'm leaving Common Events translation for last.

In any case, yeah, I'm trying to not let it get to me but it does suck balls. I'm translating characters I hadn't gotten to and re-doing what I lost later so it doesn't feel like backtracking.
I plan on staying awake and getting every character done tonight, just out of spite. Wish me luck.

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
No, the art is fine. Even if that was the case I have 8GB of high resolution backup raw files I keep somewhere else.
I also managed to recover the meta translation and other things that weren't on User DB.
It was only that one file. Which sucks because I had cleanly fixed up every line of dialogue on pretty much every generic character, minding expression triggers and everything.

As it is I'm not rushing before 1.5 comes out because what I'm doing right now is perfectly portable through DB export-import. I could easily move everything to 1.5
Hence why I'm leaving Common Events translation for last.

In any case, yeah, I'm trying to not let it get to me but it does suck balls. I'm translating characters I hadn't gotten to and re-doing what I lost later so it doesn't feel like backtracking.
I plan on staying awake and getting every character done tonight, just out of spite. Wish me luck.
I know advice in hindsight sucks, and I don't know if you consider your project big enough to consider using Git, but that's what I am using for my SpacePort Security game and it really saved my ass. Long story short but I had a similar situation to you, in that I almost had to redo over a month of work. A gamebreaking bug introduced in v0.07 of SPS had survived to v.0.13 without my programmer or I realizing due to lazyness of testing in the editor and not exporting it often enough. Had a day of panic, but due to using Git, all previous versions of files where all restorable and after a few hours of searching for the broken bit, we were able to pinpoint the exact Git push that had the broken code, and my programmer was able to pull just that file back with some Git magic, fix just that bit and then the rest of all subsequent updates where salvaged and working again.

I suggest using a git because it saves literally everything on a timeline and you can restore the file to multiple different versions of it's past self.

Anyways, good luck with your all nighter friend, make sure to take a break and not burn yourself out. I checked the changelog you posted a few pages back and this mod looks so good. Combining all the mods into one is what I've wanted for a while now. I've actually got multiple installs of ImpG with different mods right now and it's becoming a pain. So new slots for characters is going to solve so much for this game. My favorite uncensor is actually the one that adds pubes to all the girls (including blue pubes for Chrisia haha) and is not spoken about here often. So I've got and install for the pubes mod, the butlers uncensor, the beauty pack and some mixes with my own clothing mods. It's a mess.

g0kufighther

Feb 10, 2020
i played this a loooong time ago back when the scenes in between werent even translated. there used to be loli and shota, seems it was removed

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
Would anyone with art skills be able to uncensor more of the male characters besides Richard? It looks like the image files to edit are right there in the mod Picture folder

Sep 21, 2020
Would anyone with art skills be able to uncensor more of the male characters besides Richard? It looks like the image files to edit are right there in the mod Picture folder
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aaron Bursar

Jul 1, 2018

I am supportive of the irony of your username.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017

Well you know, some people like Rob Liefeld can't draw feet, some people can't draw hands, so I guess it makes sense that some people can't draw dicks. Thanks so much for uncensoring that though!

Will you be uploading your mod to this thread or will you be making a thread for it in the mods category?

Sep 21, 2020
I am supportive of the irony of your username.
Oh no irony. I put aside things that actually matter

Well you know, some people like Rob Liefeld can't draw feet, some people can't draw hands, so I guess it makes sense that some people can't draw dicks. Thanks so much for uncensoring that though!

Will you be uploading your mod to this thread or will you be making a thread for it in the mods category?
I'll be uploading it here. Through a different host maybe (The data folder is around 100mb now. Tons of files added). My existence as Procrastinatus is confined to this thread anyway.

4.40 star(s) 140 Votes