Unity The Incident at Cock Tower [v0.6.3] [Googlyman]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Thronico

Sep 11, 2017
Noticing a pattern for crashes when performing movement that requires multiple inputs, (fast 180s, 360s, etc...)

More than willing to share whatever logs may be produced if that will help.

Edit: The game also crashed upon trying to load a save while the game was in its smallest possible resolution settings. I was able to reliably reproduce this crash. The game continued to crash when trying to load that same save, regardless of settings.

Game is also now crashing when attempting to create a new save.

I've attached the player.log file, which I found in the Googlyman Games AppData folder under LocalLow. It shows many errors being thrown for static lighting in the skybox, cloth textures/physics, and model textures throughout the level as it tries to load the game.

Could possibly be corruption taking place due to the clothing physics? I noticed that most of my initial crashes were during moments where her clothes would be trying to change directions and move with the model.

Actually, looks like the logs are showing significant shader errors from DirectX.

Also, when the game crashes, it likes to take my active Discord window with it.

Edit Edit:

This is now their patreon, so we should probably update the OP to reflect that.

Last edited:

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Noticing a pattern for crashes when performing movement that requires multiple inputs, (fast 180s, 360s, etc...)

More than willing to share whatever logs may be produced if that will help.

Edit: The game also crashed upon trying to load a save while the game was in its smallest possible resolution settings. I was able to reliably reproduce this crash. The game continued to crash when trying to load that same save, regardless of settings.

Game is also now crashing when attempting to create a new save.

I've attached the player.log file, which I found in the Googlyman Games AppData folder under LocalLow. It shows many errors being thrown for static lighting in the skybox, cloth textures/physics, and model textures throughout the level as it tries to load the game.

Could possibly be corruption taking place due to the clothing physics? I noticed that most of my initial crashes were during moments where her clothes would be trying to change directions and move with the model.

Actually, looks like the logs are showing significant shader errors from DirectX.

Also, when the game crashes, it likes to take my active Discord window with it.

Edit Edit:

This is now their patreon, so we should probably update the OP to reflect that.
Nice. Do you recall which outfit you were wearing for those logs?

What resolution setting was the crash on? Those are based on your own potential graphics settings so it will vary from player to player. Can you also provide the log for them the save crashes? The saves also contain your options so it's possible that the resolution on questions is causing an error somewhere.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
This is a pretty original idea for a parody. I watch this project with interest. I ought to play it when I get the time.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
I played 1.6 months ago so I did a restart. I love this game, the carrying items realism, the cloth ripping off, the continuous running.
I love the girl's body but the face is too exaggerated. Maybe less slant eyes, less lipstick. And the face from the side looks too flat, I think a quick morphing could fix the main model without further issues.

More bugs since last versions
When Mr S grabs you:
- he can grab you while you are in between the windows on the roof. The PC movement animation breaks
- if he grabs you while crawling through the vent (or I think crawling in general) the main camera remain focused to your butt and it's impossible to run away.
Maybe a reset camera button, same as Reset position is needed until further fixes. (or call automatically a function to do a reset pose, reset camera when a sex act finishes. Add it to "reset position" button)

Others:
- the crowbar sometimes falls under the floor. It doesn't appear at the start point. I would drop it while crawling, so it doesn't fall too hard.
- too much sex with the flytraps and one stays stuck to your boob. I got rid of it after a lot of fun in the church but then the F key became not responsive.
- a particular chess position where the black king and the white knight are on the lowest line: you are given 2 positions to move the knight but you can't by using WASD. That made me restart the whole game and go straight to the chess puzzle to be sure I can advance. I'm not best in chess but I think that was the right move but impossible due to some issue with the edge position of the piece.
- and many more to come :giggle:

To make it more playable, I adjusted the lights by choosing a gamma between 1.5 and 2. (or maximum to see the piano hints).
Don't press Apply. Cancel when you're done so you don't mess up your display.

1701165163749.png

Is it possible a gamma slider in the game for a quick fix? Or the settings still don't apply to the graphics?

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAl
Feb 11, 2023
does any one know where to start off? Im completely lost in what to do & look for, I've just been running around like a headless chicken, Can anyone help thanks.

Feb 11, 2023
im so lost.. i read the walkthrough and it didnt help... i just started and cant figure out where to go. went through all the rooms you start with and unsure what to do
same here, they'er too generic, no step 1 to step 9, plus I have the metal apple & bar and I dont know how to combine them.

Feb 11, 2023
There's a door on the right side of the main hall under the stairs. It's so dark down there I barely saw it. You'll find a metal apple in the kitchen. You combine the two and take them to the west hall, climb under the boxes, and use it on the cornucopia. Gets you a key to down the east hall and meet the big green guy.

However... it's futile. This version is broken. The code on the back of the cabinet in the east hall storage room doesn't work on the lock, so you can't progress beyond meeting the monster. So if you just wanna see her getting caught by the monster, by all means, follow my steps.
I went to the west hall, and that did nothing, what am I doing wrong? ps how do I combine the 2, thanks.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
same here, they'er too generic, no step 1 to step 9, plus I have the metal apple & bar and I dont know how to combine them.
Hold both apple and bar, press either E or Q (for hands) and mouse left click to combine. Just press E and then click the mouse. I know it was hard for me to understand it myself. The game has an interesting way of handling the inventory not found anywhere else: TAB (breasts), Q and E for hands, all my appreciation for those ideas. Adding large items holding by both hands, no breasts inventory when naked etc.

But be sure to explore everything before using it to get the peach key and open any door with it.

And as mentioned a lot of times in the thread: the code is not for that locker. There are 2 lockers. The game is not that bugged, I progressed to the cross puzzle currently, way after the tutorial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Very Tall dwarve
Feb 11, 2023
Hold both apple and bar, press either E or Q (for hands) and mouse left click to combine. Just press E and then click the mouse. I know it was hard for me to understand it myself. The game has an interesting way of handling the inventory not found anywhere else: TAB (breasts), Q and E for hands, all my appreciation for those ideas. Adding large items holding by both hands, no breasts inventory when naked etc.

But be sure to explore everything before using it to get the peach key and open any door with it.

And as mentioned a lot of times in the thread: the code is not for that locker. There are 2 lockers. The game is not that bugged, I progressed to the cross puzzle currently, way after the tutorial.
thank you for the information you have provided for me, big help there.

Feb 11, 2023
testry explained how to combine, thankfully. I just accidentally did it when I found the apple, lol. And you have crawl through the small gap under the toppled boxes to use the apple key once you've combined them.
thanks for the reply, its just odd that the developer does'nt mention the controls in game.

Thronico

Sep 11, 2017
Nice. Do you recall which outfit you were wearing for those logs?

What resolution setting was the crash on? Those are based on your own potential graphics settings so it will vary from player to player. Can you also provide the log for them the save crashes? The saves also contain your options so it's possible that the resolution on questions is causing an error somewhere.
Unfortunately, I don't have those saves anymore. Though, the crashes continued regardless of the resolution, so I believe I made that connection in error. I did decide to remove the game from my computer, as the crashes were putting my graphics display in a chokehold and slamming it lmao

However, restarting my computer momentarily resolved the immediate crashing on trying to load/start a new game, and I was able to make decent progress (acquired peach key), before I started crashing again.

Also, I was wearing the default outfit when encountering crashes that seemed to follow a moment of sharp movement. I have no time or experience with the other outfits, as I would crash before I could acquire them.

Reactions: thegooglyman

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Some important bugs you should be careful of when playing or you will get stuck later:
- after you get the peach key rush to get the battery and go straight for the CHESS puzzle. If you can't solve it due to a certain piece being impossible to move, you will have to start over a new game.
- the CROWBAR sometimes falls through the floor. Save the game while you are holding it in your hands. Drop it and save only if you can see it on the floor.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: thegooglyman
3.70 star(s) 7 Votes