Unity The Incident at Cock Tower [v0.6.3] [Googlyman]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Re-uploaded 0.6.3 to address issues with lighting, ui, animations, and option saving.
btw if it helps about the Chess puzzle: there was a state I encountered where a white knight and the black king were on the bottom row. The bug was that the knight piece couldn't move using WASD when on the bottom row. Left-right top-bottom were ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegooglyman

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Where is the updated version? I didn't find it on Discord or Patreon.
Last link I checked was 0.6.7 , was that file updated?

Last edited:

testry

Sep 18, 2017
It will be the same link
ah, I wrote some notes but then edited as I wasn't sure I got the right version.

- some things like doors are unnecessarily self-lit (probably a shared shader).

But the basement became pitch black in some areas.

And we have a Christmas tree in the library :). The elevator is new:unsure:

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Was it like this from the start or did it break mid game? I fixed a couple of UI scaling issues which required re-ordering of elements and I was pretty sure I tested the wardrobe.
I noticed in my save so I started a new game and went straight to it. It never shows clothes. So it is not a game break issue but a total game bug.
Again, I have the right file from the Gdrive link, right? or could you please paste the link to the update just in case?

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I am sorry I find it funny the game doesn't really need a cheat thing in my opinion, but what does this do?
A quick skim reveals it changes intoxication, arousal, struggle effort, and movement speed for both protagonist and villain. The cheats aren't strictly meant for ease, they're also useful for goofing around. Some people might enjoy these. Can also edit the table to add difficulty by making struggling hard and giving the villain speed.

Jun 24, 2018
Re-uploaded 0.6.3 to address issues with lighting, ui, animations, and option saving.
Thanks thegooglyman. I don't know if its just me but im still getting a lot of game breaking bugs with the new build. for example I can play normally up to using the padlocks, but when I get to the bit where I have to enter the code on the west padlock the camera is behind the padlock and pressing f does nothing but pressing g tries the combination and theres no way to quit.

Untitled2.png

if i reset the position then i can move around again but the game crashes pretty quickly after that. this keeps happening between many random crashings and the logs in the appdata folder are filled with

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005
0x00007fffb31fe65d (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb31fe3d8 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb31e8529 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb385740f (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb3127f17 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb3128c13 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb3128da7 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb388a206 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb388795b (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb38878c7 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007fffb2ed4e1e (UnityPlayer)
0x00007ff86fe4257d (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007ff87146aa58 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
This then crashes my pc so hard I have to reboot or disable / enable the display driver to make everything work properly again.

I've tried deleting everything in the locallow\ folder as well as the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Googlyman Games registry and the My Games\Cock Tower folder in documents and it still crashes pretty quickly. i dont think its a hardware problem as i dont have this problem with any other game but if it is happening to no one else then maybe it is

I'm sad because I played this game many versions ago and really like it, but now it's so broken for me i can't even get past the padlock puzzles and the one time i did the crowbar fell through the floor then the game crashed.

Reactions: Kpacc

testry

Sep 18, 2017
The stirrer doesn't work. It doesn't display the settings and it gets you stuck: F and H keys don't take you out of the screen.
There is a setting sound when you press W and S.
1701433538482.png

The safe requires G to enter numbers, not F.
F doesn't work so you also get stuck (unless I typed the wrong code)
1701439029621.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kpacc

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Hi all,

updated 0.6.3 again, correcting the outfit screen, fixed a bug that broke all puzzle interfaces. Will be investigating a permanent solution to the render texture problem.

The stirrer doesn't work. It doesn't display the settings and it gets you stuck: F and H keys don't take you out of the screen.
There is a setting sound when you press W and S.
View attachment 3132682

The safe requires G to enter numbers, not F.
F doesn't work so you also get stuck (unless I typed the wrong code)
View attachment 3132998
Whoops, film studio should not yet be accessible it is wholly incomplete lol

• Love
Reactions: Thronico and testry

testry

Sep 18, 2017
I think the nun's dress is broken, MrS can't rip its top. Probably an old issue.

Ah, the clothes appear in the dresser now, but the background flashes black and white.

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
I think the nun's dress is broken, MrS can't rip its top. Probably an old issue.

Ah, the clothes appear in the dresser now, but the background flashes black and white.
That's one of the render texture issues. Unity makes you pre select the render texture format but not all of them are supported by all systems. I need to code it to detected supported render textures and choose one that will not die that.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
That's one of the render texture issues. Unity makes you pre select the render texture format but not all of them are supported by all systems. I need to code it to detected supported render textures and choose one that will not die that.
I noticed another issue: I worn the string suit (from near the tentacle in the room with the door blocked by boxes) then I wore the coat over it. I couldn't get the string suit off even when trying the wardrobe. Mr. S ignores it also.

And the movie room safe keyboard works correctly (doesn't recognize the code). However, you should know that Keira's butt is in the way sometimes instead of the safe keyboard.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 7 Votes