Unity The Incident at Cock Tower [v0.6.3] [Googlyman]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
It seems in 0.5.4c the bed on first floor is invisible.
also the cupboard to hide behind is bugged, you clip through it and the dialog box is missing.
A bug from my source control carried over some scene edits from a different version. Will be fixed in the next version

This seems to not be the solution, even though it is according to the instructions.
Does anyone know the correct answer?
You're right in that this should solve the puzzle, but does not. I am adding an updated algorithm in the next version to properly check all possible permutations. My Apologies!

kayn15

May 24, 2017
A bug from my source control carried over some scene edits from a different version. Will be fixed in the next version

You're right in that this should solve the puzzle, but does not. I am adding an updated algorithm in the next version to properly check all possible permutations. My Apologies!
I've had that bug too, which fixed itself when I loaded a saved game.
I encountered other bugs, though. The doors that I opened by moving the big crate are locked again. More precisely, there are 2 sets of doors.
Screenshot 2022-02-19 18.14.44.png

And some items got moved in the main lobby. Screenshot 2022-02-19 18.08.41.png
Screenshot 2022-02-19 18.08.39.png

Lastly, I keep trying to find the melon key. Is it in game yet or will it be on a later version?

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
I've had that bug too, which fixed itself when I loaded a saved game.
I encountered other bugs, though. The doors that I opened by moving the big crate are locked again. More precisely, there are 2 sets of doors.
View attachment 1662527

And some items got moved in the main lobby. View attachment 1662528
View attachment 1662530

Lastly, I keep trying to find the melon key. Is it in game yet or will it be on a later version?
No Melon Key Yet.

That's a save game bug, its trying to place moved items to their locations but are parenting them into the world space, effectively dumping everything at worldspace point 0,0,0 :FacePalm:

Tweaty

Sep 17, 2019
same here!!
0.5.4c public Alpha. This will be the last update as I am now exploring a new patching method!

So is there some type of solution to this, or???
Cause I been trying to play this game for a while now but haven't been able to, because it's keeps on crashing whenever I try start/load the game(not when I open it)!!
N it's weird too because it literally only starts to glitch itself right into crashing(at no matter what quality that I put the game's graphics [low/ultra] ), specifically right as soon as when I start to move the game's main camera, from off my touch pad on my computer, to the left n or right, not when I go up or down, just only when I go one of those 2 ways no matter which one( n not both left then right at the same time cause the game begins to start crashing before I can even do such)..

N all of this happens or could n does happen(to me at least) just about almost everywhere that I'm able to make it to n the game's opening area that it starts u off at.. Up until I come to the point of where like, I go into another room n I come to a sertain point n place where camera is basically foced to have to be moved n order to keep its line of things or whatever n check, n what not, then the game just crashes by itself.. Can't even make it up the stairs neither cause the game wants to crash on me once again whenever I try....

So if u, or anybody else who may hopefully know the answer, or a possible solution to this damn pest of a problem that I, n possible others have when trying to play this game, could tell me, I'll surely appreciate u with my full respect gratitude....

N as always.,
Thanks n advance!!!

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
So is there some type of solution to this, or???
Cause I been trying to play this game for a while now but haven't been able to, because it's keeps on crashing whenever I try start/load the game(not when I open it)!!
N it's weird too because it literally only starts to glitch itself right into crashing(at no matter what quality that I put the game's graphics [low/ultra] ), specifically right as soon as when I start to move the game's main camera, from off my touch pad on my computer, to the left n or right, not when I go up or down, just only when I go one of those 2 ways no matter which one( n not both left then right at the same time cause the game begins to start crashing before I can even do such)..

N all of this happens or could n does happen(to me at least) just about almost everywhere that I'm able to make it to n the game's opening area that it starts u off at.. Up until I come to the point of where like, I go into another room n I come to a sertain point n place where camera is basically foced to have to be moved n order to keep its line of things or whatever n check, n what not, then the game just crashes by itself.. Can't even make it up the stairs neither cause the game wants to crash on me once again whenever I try....

So if u, or anybody else who may hopefully know the answer, or a possible solution to this damn pest of a problem that I, n possible others have when trying to play this game, could tell me, I'll surely appreciate u with my full respect gratitude....

N as always.,
Thanks n advance!!!
Please provide player logs from AppData\LocalLow\Googlyman Games\Cock Tower. Thank you

Tweaty

Sep 17, 2019

Not quite sure if I did this right or not.,
But these r the players logs from both of the Local/LocalLow folders...

Tweaty

Sep 17, 2019

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017

i need the crash report from C:/Users/2temp/AppData/Local/Temp/Googlyman Games/Cock Tower/Crashes on your machine. thanks

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Hi Tweaty. Unfortunately I cannot discern why the game keeps crashing for you. If I can find any new answers I will let you know

Reactions: Tweaty

3125Balauru

May 1, 2021
I can't get the camera to move at all. Any sugestions? By the way, I'm playing on Linux with lutris, if that's what could be causing it.

3125Balauru

May 1, 2021
Nevermind, I seem to have solved it, but I have missing fonts. as in the text from notes is blank, and the one from the resolution menu

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes