3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
There are two in-game days. Really it's a very story driven game so there is a lot of reading to do. There are other things as well. So it isn't short.
thank you i will prob check it out after the next version question what is your typical timeline for new updates?

Reactions: mannitt

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
thank you i will prob check it out after the next version question what is your typical timeline for new updates?
I'm still working on figuring out how long updates take. The more I've done the faster I've gotten. So I don't have a real timeline. It all depends sometimes down to Daz and how well it works. There are times it just doesn't want to cooperate. I give weekly updates on my Patreon. Also why my Patreon is set at per update. I hope to have a good idea after this next update. I work full time as well as make the game so sometimes, time is limited.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
I'm still working on figuring out how long updates take. The more I've done the faster I've gotten. So I don't have a real timeline. It all depends sometimes down to Daz and how well it works. There are times it just doesn't want to cooperate. I give weekly updates on my Patreon. Also why my Patreon is set at per update. I hope to have a good idea after this next update. I work full time as well as make the game so sometimes, time is limited.
100% understand i just tend to be cautios around start up games hope this one goes well

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
In the Ren'Py version or the VNM version?
The VNM Version ;)

Also, you're probably handling updating the best way (setting it by update). Better make no promises and set up schedules..
You're bound to not be able to maintain them (because life..is unpredictable, work, sickness etc) and i think most patreon users are also sick of abandoned and hold on stuff.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
The VNM Version ;)

Also, you're probably handling updating the best way (setting it by update). Better make no promises and set up schedules..
You're bound to not be able to maintain them (because life..is unpredictable, work, sickness etc) and i think most patreon users are also sick of abandoned and hold on stuff.
Yeah, I feel like unless I can promise a for sure due date. A monthly charge is difficult for most people. I do still have a monthly page. A few patrons actually said they still wanted to pay monthly. So it's there but the per update one is most likely more peoples preferred one.

Reactions: Banish

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
i dont really have exp with patreon and dont know how per update things work would they charge you for patch updates?
Per update is basically, per post. So it is up to the creator of the page on which post to charge and which one to not. Most devs who have it that way only charge when there is a release/update. That is how I will do it. I will have special renders and I still make fanart from time to time, when I have a few extra minutes or need a quick breather. :LOL:
But any charged post will only be for game releases. Bug fixes or any other small changes will not be.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
Wow they moved from a html engine to a ren'py engine for inheritance? Sweet, I liked that game.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
it's a game about gaining an inheritance from your late uncle or what ever of his manor and his slaves it's a text based game
I saw it. Not long after I released mine. A little too late for a name change. :LOL:

HairyLurker

Aug 14, 2018

Dislikes: female models, heavy story chunks

So, I just want it noted that I'm not trying to spit on your work here. I haven't got the first idea how hard it is to make games or if i'm speaking for more people than myself when I write this, but those text walls gave me a headache. 9 times out of 10, I bailed halfway through, hit the skip button and wheeled back on the next choice so I could read the last few lines and make an educated guess. Even the introduction of the family and friends was hard to slug through. Still don't get whether the family is close or whether he was a good father or not.

Comments about the models have already been made, so I won't be mentioning them.
All that said, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates, because I like how this story is shaping up. Mafia family? Demon worship? Aliens? All of the above? The mystery will keep me coming back.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That latest sig ... dark to chestnut to blond - a real gold digger and a man eater to boot.
Happy gaming!

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
really wanted to play this before but my old machine had issues with it..now i have a new pc and could try it and they switch to ren'py..HAHAA!!...well..ren'py is my fav..either way..finally get to try this ..going in now..wish me luck :O
so far so good..nice legible writing..that i am actually reading..not skipping through(bonus points there) BUT..the way the characters hover/float out of the scene is..weird AF...lol..not my place to tell a dev how to do his thing...but..just have them disappear..floating across the screen is too damn exorcist :O

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
really wanted to play this before but my old machine had issues with it..now i have a new pc and could try it and they switch to ren'py..HAHAA!!...well..ren'py is my fav..either way..finally get to try this ..going in now..wish me luck :O
so far so good..nice legible writing..that i am actually reading..not skipping through(bonus points there) BUT..the way the characters hover/float out of the scene is..weird AF...lol..not my place to tell a dev how to do his thing...but..just have them disappear..floating across the screen is too damn exorcist :O
I guess the way the sprites move is not something many are use to. I've played a ton of Japanese VN's and that type of movement is something I'm use to. Interesting to see the reaction though. Lol

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes