3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

ChippyP

Aug 24, 2016
The writing is pretty stiff and awkward, everything reads more like a student's school project than a natural conversation or thought, and it's very heavy handed on expository dialogue. The intro is a pretty tough read because of how densely packed it is with information, with no breaks or pauses.

Right now, I'd suggest you break up the intro a bit, focus on the core characters relevant to the funeral, the protagonist and his family, make side characters optional encounters, and reconsider how much exposition should be included in their initial introductions, you don't have to go out of your way to establish each character and their personality fully within their first appearance.

cuculain

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks for all the comments so far. Hopefully, the changes I made will help. Also since the game's code is javascript. It might be a good idea to make sure Java is updated. I will look for an old laptop I have to start testing it on there as well.
Just wanted to mention that despite the similarity in their names, javascript has nothing to do with java at all. They're two completely different beasts.

Reactions: mannitt

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Just wanted to mention that despite the similarity in their names, javascript has nothing to do with java at all. They're two completely different beasts.
You are correct but Java helps Javascript to run in certain environments. So they do work with each other sometimes. Especially when Javascript is using GPU.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
why not renpy? This engine slows down and gives errors.
Lack of capability and time is purely for the reason no Ren'Py. Because Visual Novel Maker has a GUI interface to drop pre-scripted commands, it's just easier for me. The slow downs are definitely an issue but poorly scripted Ren'Py can also give many errors. I wish I had the time to spend memorizing what I need for Ren'Py but unfortunately I don't. I hope that eventually the issues will be solved in VNM. Since it is so new. Thanks for checking it out.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
How to watch them pics in the Pics folder ??
I will be making a package of all the renders at some point. For now all the files for the game are encrypted. It's supposed to help with game stability. Even though I'm still not too sure about that. Lol

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
I don't want to say too much but with the MC, not as of yet.
So the mom and the dad is not a parent?but a slave and a master?
Will the MC find what happend with them few years ago before dad died?
I mean when mom become a milf ,what happend?
Mom call dad as daddy,feel a little uncomfortable,dear or sweet would be better.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
So the mom and the dad is not a parent?but a slave and a master?
Will the MC find what happend with them few years ago before dad died?
I mean when mom become a milf ,what happend?
Mom call dad as daddy,feel a little uncomfortable,dear or sweet would be better.
There are reasons. Reasons that will be explained fairly soon in the story. There's a lot about his parents that he will discover.

mac version?
I'm working on the Mac version. Hopefully this weekend. VNM is weird, well in many ways, but I need to export the Mac build on a Mac. My Mac is years old and really shitty. Slow and the battery is fucked. So it's a bit of a pain to get it transferred and such. Plus my Mac tester, who has a much better Mac is busy until Friday. So it's coming. Lol

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Very annoying engine, I feel the 'stiffness' in conversations are to some degree because I'm constantly clicking and nothing happens. :) Everything moves very slow.

A couple of times I would have liked to have an option to respond to Steph, like when she asks about brother-sister-gross.
I'm still playing, that's a good thing. (y)

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Very annoying engine, I feel the 'stiffness' in conversations are to some degree because I'm constantly clicking and nothing happens. :) Everything moves very slow.

A couple of times I would have liked to have an option to respond to Steph, like when she asks about brother-sister-gross.
I'm still playing, that's a good thing. (y)
Yeah I'm trying to find solutions to those issues. Try the "Enter" key. Test have shown that's more responsive than the mouse. I'm glad your still playing it. Thanks for checking it out.

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
So in dad‘s mind,mom is a wife or a daughter or a slave?
I like your story about finding parents secrets.I really love it!
But i can’t accept they are not a real couple but a slave and a master,sorry

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
So in dad‘s mind,mom is a wife or a daughter or a slave?
I like your story about finding parents secrets.I really love it!
But i can’t accept they are not a real couple but a slave and a master,sorry
You're on the right track. It's a bit more complicated than that though. That video was years ago. Things change and evolve over time. So things aren't always how they seem at first look. I'm glad you're interested in it. :D

Reactions: vergil414
3.60 star(s) 18 Votes