qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
to all who ask about patches, mods, fixes etc:
it have anti-modding protection, so no ANY patch - even if you simple rename any person like Luana to luana or Lu or anything, game start crashing constantly and game saves stopped work
if you want fix bugs and grammar by self and unren - game start crash and saves stopped work
and possible that why there no compressed version
now i remember, why ignore it - instead add content dev deside to start re-make interface, add different frames, drm-protection etc.
and it have terrible optimisation, high load of cpu and gpu, like real 3d game or miner

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I am not a content creator so I do not know what to tell you nor can I understand how you feel. All I can say is that negative comments exist on every single thread on this forum and I have seen different developers deal with negative comments in different ways.

I dont like saying this but if you find these comments genuinely frustrating and this affects your mental health in a negative way I would encourage you consider staying away from these forums and spend more time on places such as patreon or discord that are more supportive of your work and the way you think about these things. Obviously walking away is not an easy decision and it can have potential business impact but it is an option worth considering depending on how fulfilling or frustrating it is for you browsing these forums. If you find the net sum of your experience here positive then great but if not, then all I am saying is that it may not be worth worth getting stressed and ruining your entire day because of that one comment a stranger makes.

Negative comments will continue no matter what you do. And there will be people like me who benefit from them and will defend the right to make them. However I hate to see developers getting genuinely affected by them. I am not someone who can give good advice so I will stop here. I wish you happiness and I hope you find your project fulfilling beyond just the development aspect of it.
My experience with the community has been great ever since I became part of it. It's just the ocasional dumbass that sticks out like a sore thumb.
Also, I think I'll have to admit that I wasn't having a good day yesterday and that might have contributed to how I handled it. I should learn to stay away from places like this when I'm like that.

Very thoughtful discussion you guys are having here. Good points being made all around.

Sooo... is there any transformation content in the game yet? I'm talking growing titties, the MC's dong, that sorta thing (as opposed to M>F, F>M, stuff like that).

If not, your game's bad and you should feel bad.

To be brutally honest, I don't even remember why I added that tag... The only thing close to transformation the game has is Val's/Ricky's "buffed up" mode.

IS there any sex in the game yet, could not tell by the pics you have uploaded. Thanks!
Yes, the last update added the opportunity to have 2 sex scenes with Val (with the added possibility of them being threesomes).

Emulating windows version of the game in my android using JoyPlay. Works perfectly on the previous version, but now, it closes by itself all the sudden. Did something changed with its script?
The game has an official android version (which, btw, is smaller than the PC version), why would you emulate it with Joiplay?

it have anti-modding protection, so no ANY patch - even if you simple rename any person like Luana to luana or Lu or anything, game start crashing constantly and game saves stopped work
The game doesn't have anti-modding protection in no shape or form, what are you talking about?
I'll admit that the way I coded some parts of the game might make it harder to edit or change, but that's because they're not really supposed to be changed.
As for the crashes, that's what usually happens when you try to tamper with stuff you don't know about.

if you want fix bugs and grammar by self and unren - game start crash and saves stopped work
I regularly release bugfixes and try to fix grammar and spelling mistakes as soon as they're reported, if you come across any of those, report them to me, the person that actually knows how the game code works.
And UnRen works fine. It always had for me at least.

The game always had a compressed version released by third parties for every update. This one doesn't have one yet simply because nobody has asked the right person yet.
Also, even the people who make compressed version clearly say that it can break the game.

now i remember, why ignore it - instead add content dev deside to start re-make interface, add different frames, drm-protection etc.
I'm sorry if I try to make my game not the cookie-cutter, dime-a-dozen stuff you see plaguing this site. Besides, I don't think I need to justify my design choices.

As for DRM, this game has none. The only thing close to it is the patreon login feature that's meant just so patrons can access the in-game updater and download the NSFW versions of the pin-ups. It in no way will prevent you from playing the game otherwise.
And even so, yesterday I made a poll to my patrons asking if they really use this feature and if they would mind if it gets completely removed from the game, so yeah, depending on the results of this poll, this might even be completely gone in the next update.

and it have terrible optimisation, high load of cpu and gpu, like real 3d game or miner
That is a bold claim you're making. Can you provide proof of the high CPU load?
The only thing I know that can give some hard time to weaker CPUs are the cinematics, which are FullHD 60FPS videos.
As for everything else, one of my main concerns is that the game runs fine in every machine it's installed, and I have never, ever, had anyone complain about high CPU loads from it.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Okay, I see what you're talking about...

You mean the "wesmart" meme gif in the save screen?

Well, I guess I can have an option to disable it.
happens even when i dont see it, maybe it sticks in the background or its the small's one in the right down fault
dont know about others, but if i let the game at the options for a couple minutes, cpu goes crazy like im playing 3 instances of horizon zero dawn or something lol

Last edited:
Reactions: qwsl and Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
happens even when i dont see it, maybe it sticks in the background or its the small's one in the right down fault
dont know about others, but if i let the game at the options for a couple minutes, cpu goes crazy like im playing 3 instances of horizon down or something lol
Weird... I'll have to run some tests on that.
Thanks for reporting it!

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
As it says on the header of that very same screen, the fetishes on that screen are just there to configure the player experience and, in no way, are meant as current content.
They're there just so everything is already set up if I ever feel like adding them or if any of those fetishes has a high enough demand.
Slightly misleading, but I get it. Thanks for answering.

Reactions: Lykanz

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017

What can I change there so it's not as misleading then?
Like, I'm not being sarcastic or anything, that's a legit question. English isn't my first language so I still have some trouble wording stuff every now and then.
This part is what threw me off:

1639146227060.png

And then below that you get a couple of checkboxes with (heavy)fetishes. I assumed these were already in the game based on that.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Ahh... I see... Yeah, I get what you're saying.

Would it be better if it sayd "The Inn might contain a wide variety of fetishes in the future"?
I suppose that would put the emphasis more on the fact that these aren't in the game yet yeah.

Anyway, give me some dickgirls :PogChamp:

• Haha

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
That's actually a fetish that will be present in the game, but maybe only in Part 2.
i remember some friend of the farmer girl(forgot the name), who was mentioned "to be particular"

also there is an error in the game: when Val says "Think MC, Think"

in both the invincible comic and the amazon-series, Omniman only say "think" once u.u

it's a mandela effect or something(i mean, the meme itself is wrong because of the mandela effect)

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
i remember some friend of the farmer girl(forgot the name), who was mentioned "to be particular"

also there is an error in the game: when Val says "Think MC, Think"

in both the invincible comic and the amazon-series, Omniman only say "think" once u.u

it's a mandela effect or something(i mean, the meme itself is wrong because of the mandela effect)
Yeah, in the show it's said only once, but the mostly widespread form of the meme has it said twice.

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, in the show it's said only once, but the mostly widespread form of the meme has it said twice.
mandela effect, like i said XD and i was nitpicking as a way to try to be funny XD(as a way to joke about people complaining the "misleading" preview of possible fetishes in the game XD)

• Haha

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Inn [v0.06.10] [Lykanz] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,75 GB / 872 MB - TheInn-v0.06.10-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,71 GB / 837 MB - TheInn-v0.06.10-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
thanks for that insight - i was short before giving it a try... but you saved me a lot of time.
Big thx bud (y)
PS:
I like to customize my games to my pleasure and i totally dislike whenever someone other tells me how I have to "enjoy" something MYSELF or not. I rather ditch such games than ven spending any time into it (not even speaking about ANY donations - of course)

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes