May 1, 2020
Drop this inside the "game" folder and see if it fixes your issue.
Tried it and when I went to sleep, it brought up the end screen that says;

"This even this still a WIP (Work in Progress), if you're seeing this message it means you finished all the content currently available for this build. More content will be added in the next Beta version!"

Although it didn't fix the issue, I found out that if I spend the first day with someone else and than do Joana, the issue doesn't happen on the second or third movie night.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Tried it and when I went to sleep, it brought up the end screen that says;

"This even this still a WIP (Work in Progress), if you're seeing this message it means you finished all the content currently available for this build. More content will be added in the next Beta version!"

Although it didn't fix the issue, I found out that if I spend the first day with someone else and than do Joana, the issue doesn't happen on the second or third movie night.
That's very strange.
Back during testing of the full 1.00 update I ran a handful of combinations and never got this issue.

In fact, you're the first person to report it.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Does this game have a proper non-incest version or is it just landlady and roommate placeholder
Yes.

Pressing 's' to take a screenshot doesn't seem to work for me. Anyway to fix it?
No.
The "S" shortcut for screenshots had to be disabled due to conflicts with the DDR-like minigame.
Please, use "Alt + S" or "Alt + Shift + S" instead.

Feb 25, 2022

Patreon post image.png
What's up everyone?

Time for another Devlog!

The first half of June has been spent mostly on scene work.

Remember that in the last devlog I said I had written way more than I would use?

So yeah... There's a lot of scenes to make.

I'm almost finished with them though, there's only a couple of animations and one fina sequence left to make, so I should be done with it by next Friday.

It'll leave me more than enough time to finish the translation of new dialogue, add bgm and sound effects and all the finishing stuff needed for the update.

There was this long conversation sequence that didn't leave much space for camera angles, so I was able to speed up the scene work on that part.

The next scenes are back in Linda's house, some animations (you know what kind) and a hook for the next event in the update.

I've also been working on an off on the barebones of the inn management systems, mostly on weekends and when I take a break from scene work. Right now it's just the barebones of it and only the very basic back end of the whole system, but it's comming along nice.

I wish I had something to show you all on that, but it's really just code with barely minimal UI work.

Maybe soon I'll have something more visual to show.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far and eager to get it done as soon as possible!

So yeah, that's it for this devlog! Don't forget to check the official for some of the scenes I've done so far!

Have fun!

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

In link below some files to large to upload here

Reactions: Mark17
Nov 20, 2019
found a game breaking bug in chapter 1 vn mode

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.AlphaMask object at 0x0000000020b12be0>:
Exception: AlphaMask surfaces must be the same size.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 215, in script
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
Say.execute(self)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1493, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1391, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1042, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 738, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2814, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1352, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1361, in render
surf = render(child,
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1361, in render
surf = render(child,
surf = render(child,
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1076, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1396, in render
back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 626, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 309, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1918, in load
raise Exception("AlphaMask surfaces must be the same size.")

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702
The Inn (Chapter 1) v1.00.00
Sun Jun 23 04:01:28 2024

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Can also confirm crash with alpha-masks in chapter 1 on all 3 girls' movie event, at the beginning.

But what's the most important - bring back the cute Linda Mae with freckles. New one is worse, no good - face looks not that cute, skin is not that adorable either.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
found a game breaking bug in chapter 1 vn mode

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.AlphaMask object at 0x0000000020b12be0>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 215, in script
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
Say.execute(self)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1493, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1391, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1042, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\character.py", line 738, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2814, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1352, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
surf = render(child,
surf = render(child,
surf = render(child,
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1076, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1396, in render
back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 626, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 309, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\installed\TheInn\TheInn-v1.00.00-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1918, in load
raise Exception("AlphaMask surfaces must be the same size.")

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702
The Inn (Chapter 1) v1.00.00
Sun Jun 23 04:01:28 2024
Can also confirm crash with alpha-masks in chapter 1 on all 3 girls' movie event, at the beginning.

But what's the most important - bring back the cute Linda Mae with freckles. New one is worse, no good - face looks not that cute, skin is not that adorable either.
This has been fixed already.
Either use the hotfix or download the latest public version from my Patreon/SubscribeStar.

And the only thing I changed on Linda was the freckles texture, I didn't change anything on her body or face.
The only reason I changed the freckles' texture is because the one I used before was a very old mod and had a lot of issues with freckle placement.

combige

Jun 30, 2017
This has been fixed already.
Either use the hotfix or download the latest public version from my Patreon/SubscribeStar.
Understood. It's just for information since errors are skippable.
And the only thing I changed on Linda was the freckles texture, I didn't change anything on her body or face.
The only reason I changed the freckles' texture is because the one I used before was a very old mod and had a lot of issues with freckle placement.
I see that the model is the same, but. The result is not the same. It's visible even on loading picture. I can even assume that textures are more high-res. But anyway the outcome, the perception is changed. I'm not standing against your development flow, just stating my imho in the way telling that the better is the enemy of the good here.

Mar 28, 2019
~> good game I'm glad I waited for chapter 1 to be completed worth the wait :3 this kind of game is refreshing from others.
~>keep up the good work dev love it gonna play it again from the start!

~>barista girl and waitress is god damn hot

Last edited:
Reactions: Lykanz

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
Damn, starting to play this game again and i'm already laughing by MC's name, this is gonna be good, i'm pretty sure :ROFLMAO:.

"Mike Lítoris"

• Red Heart

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
I renamed him Dick King
I think Mike Lítoris is way more funnier if you understand the double meaning, that's why i kept his name as Mike Lítoris.

Btw, congrats Lykanz, not finished chapter 1 yet, but i love all the references in this game, since Hermes e Renato references(which i growed up watching them, huge fan here) to anime references like Hokuto no Ken for example("Shindeiru Funeral Services" :ROFLMAO:), even some rock bands don't escape from your references, your game is pretty much gold.

• Red Heart
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes