Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
the save from previous version not compatible with this when i want to save , so i made new game , and then i try save and its work
Well, yeah, saves from Beta 3 are not compatible with Beta 4.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I started a new playthrough for Beta 4, and made a save in the clothing shop. Trying to load that save (and seemingly only that save) is throwing the following error at me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Lykanz
May 2, 2017
If I had a dollar for every time this game gets reworked, I would have enough to support the game. No, but seriously, I have been following this game a little while and I can't wait to play it. Thanks for your hard work.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I started a new playthrough for Beta 4, and made a save in the clothing shop. Trying to load that save (and seemingly only that save) is throwing the following error at me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at this to see what's happening then. Thanks for reporting it.

If I had a dollar for every time this game gets reworked, I would have enough to support the game. No, but seriously, I have been following this game a little while and I can't wait to play it. Thanks for your hard work.
If you had a dolar every time this game got reworked you would have 1 dolar, lmao.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Vasy

Well, I tried to replicate the error on my end and wasn't able to.

Everything on the code checks out too and I see no reason for that to happen.

The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that you're running the game from inside the folder of an older version of it and, maybe, just maybe, the scripts of the old game are conflicting with the newer ones.

But that's just especulation on my part, I've never seen that happen.

If you want, you can send me the problematic save file through DM either here or at the Discord server and I'll take a look for you.

Reactions: Vasy

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please, I searched for preferences but couldn't find where to change the language. Is there a way to switch to Brazilian Portuguese?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Please, I searched for preferences but couldn't find where to change the language. Is there a way to switch to Brazilian Portuguese?
On the main menu, hover at the bottom of the screen, around the middle.

Note to self: I should make that menu a little less hidden.

Reactions: Ruodger

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Lykanz, it's bizarre. I ended up going back to a previous (working) save, and skipping up to the clothing shop again. I made a save at the same spot, in the same slot, and the new one seems to work just fine. So something definitely went wrong in the time between those two saves, but it looks like it might have been a fluke. I appreciate the response and help.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Lykanz, it's bizarre. I ended up going back to a previous (working) save, and skipping up to the clothing shop again. I made a save at the same spot, in the same slot, and the new one seems to work just fine. So something definitely went wrong in the time between those two saves, but it looks like it might have been a fluke. I appreciate the response and help.
Haha, well, I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

If more people start reporting similar errors I'll have to take a more thorough look at the code.

Reactions: Vasy

Zar

Aug 19, 2016
Haha, well, I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

If more people start reporting similar errors I'll have to take a more thorough look at the code.
Running in to the same errors, seem to be related to making a save while the navigation options are around, saves made while making a choice or during dialog is fine, but saves made when you can move from location to location bug out.

Even saves that don't give you the error on load will bring forth an error when you reach a navigation point later in some cases.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Running in to the same errors, seem to be related to making a save while the navigation options are around, saves made while making a choice or during dialog is fine, but saves made when you can move from location to location bug out.

Even saves that don't give you the error on load will bring forth an error when you reach a navigation point later in some cases.
Huh... That's really weird.

I'll have to investigate this tomorrow.

But I do have a hunch on what may be causing that.

Deadlydread

Feb 20, 2018
It's brand new saves causing the errors, as I didn't have the game installed previously. (Last time I played it was around 6 months ago and I regularly clean out my old saves of games I no longer play)

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Zar, Vasy, Deadlydread

If you guys want to test if the issue is what I think it is, please download the two anexed files and put them inside the "game" folder. Then test the saves that were giving you the error and let me know if they work or not.

You need to download BOTH files.

PS: Sorry guys, please download the files again, I ended up anexing the wrong ones (that's why you don't do stuff while nearly falling asleep on your chair).

Last edited:
Reactions: consumptionist

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
that 1st file just opens in a new window but the 2nd one downloads. dunno why that is but copied 1st to notepad and will try it

Lykanz nope game wouldn't even load so cant test it

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Lykanz what is the likelyhood of beta 4 saves being compatible when le new content update comes out? contemplating playing this beta. but weighing up le options.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
that 1st file just opens in a new window but the 2nd one downloads. dunno why that is but copied 1st to notepad and will try it
You can right click on the file's name and click "Save as" (or whatever other option like that appears). It's extremely important that you download both files and put them together on the "game" folder.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes