VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Okay, so I've searched this whole thread, and there is only a single name drop reference to Anita that isn't just an update post with 'new Anita content' in it.

So, has anyone else yet noticed that Anita was the girl who helped teenager Carol get fitted for a new brassiere at Burgundy Petals during one of the flashbacks in Now & Then? Cause if that's supposed to be the same Anita (same name, same look, same job/location), that has some pretty dire implications for what happens after the roll credits of Now & Then. Or maybe not, considering that the 'device' sequence didn't seem like it was in a post-zombie apocalypse hospital. Still, makes me wonder if we'll see more cameos (or if there are others I've missed).

View attachment 2340347

View attachment 2340348
Maybe it was just a cameo or more likely it has to do with the limitations in models from Honey Select when compared to Daz.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
ILS Productions has mentioned that he had interim domain characters in Now and Then as cameos.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
ILS Productions has mentioned that he had interim domain characters in Now and Then as cameos.
Then they must have had Interim Domain in the works for some time, since that Anita flashback in Now & Then takes place before Carrol's first sex scene in Chapter 5. Assuming that it was all pre-planned, rather than just recycling a particular background NPC that they just happened to really like the design of already.

I mean, the debut of a character can't really be their cameo, right? That's not how cameos work.

Dec 4, 2022
Thats not what i said tho... I never said the game is perfect nor "good", I said that comparing this game to N&T is unfair and that telling the dev to just repeat their formula from the previous game will just hinder their growth. If anything else i'm glad the dev is trying new stuff so that they know what to do and not to do for their next game; Considering, and i believe all of you would agree on me with this, how different this game is to N&T.

People can trash this game all they like but using the arguements: "Why is this game not like N&T?!", "The characters from this game isn't like the characters from N&T", and "Dev should just make another N&T" isn't fair because this is an entirely different game.

EDIT since im going against the crowd and people will shit on me:

I agree that this game isn't perfect. It definitely needs improvement. My arguments are purely towards the standards you guys have for this game just because you decided to put N&T on a golden pedestal. The game isn't great, period. But it isn't great because N&T is good.

View attachment 2340210
I'm not comparing but for me I like Now and Then because of thrill, suspense and zombies, I like playing Resident Evil , Left for Dead too, and I think that majority like games with Zombies

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Guys, how exactly this game MEANT to be played? I mean, at first I thought I have to "target" one girl at a time (since MC said that he have to concentrate on the girl) but seeing that after each "chapter" (starting from 4th?) there are some "girl's POV after the event" and it seems that there is one for, pretty much, each story event, I have my doubts.

Can anyone give me a spoiler on this game
What exactly do you need to know? "spoiler" is a bit too broad.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Guys, how exactly this game MEANT to be played? I mean, at first I thought I have to "target" one girl at a time (since MC said that he have to concentrate on the girl) but seeing that after each "chapter" (starting from 4th?) there are some "girl's POV after the event" and it seems that there is one for, pretty much, each story event, I have my doubts.
I started after several chapters had already been released, so I'm not sure exactly, but each chapter, you only had a certain number of girls you could contact before it ended, usually with some extra scenes revolving around other characters in the story. You could never go through them all, and if you spent some time looking around elsewhere, that was one less girl you could contact. I always save before going "elsewhere" because more often than not lately, there is nothing to be had doing so and why waste the time.

So you've got to pick and choose who you want to concentrate on. Each girl has a limited number of events at any given time before you cannot do any more until the next update.

Personally, I've been trying to keep them pretty much at the same story level, but it doesn't work, really.

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
I started after several chapters had already been released, so I'm not sure exactly, but each chapter, you only had a certain number of girls you could contact before it ended, usually with some extra scenes revolving around other characters in the story. You could never go through them all, and if you spent some time looking around elsewhere, that was one less girl you could contact. I always save before going "elsewhere" because more often than not lately, there is nothing to be had doing so and why waste the time.

So you've got to pick and choose who you want to concentrate on. Each girl has a limited number of events at any given time before you cannot do any more until the next update.

Personally, I've been trying to keep them pretty much at the same story level, but it doesn't work, really.
This is exactly why if you want to experience the whole story in one run you'll need the WT mod (Something similar was needed with Now & Then, but it wasn't at the same extent)

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
This is exactly why if you want to experience the whole story in one run you'll need the WT mod (Something similar was needed with Now & Then, but it wasn't at the same extent)
Personally, I rarely use mods. The only exceptions is when they offer something that the game is missing, like control over the text or textbox alpha. Some games it is nearly non-existent, and with my eyes, it makes it impossible to read. (hopefully, that will change by next week).

If I need more, I'll look for a text walkthrough like what we have here, and peek at it when I feel the need.

But, that's just me. Don't think I'm preaching or anything. Experience the game the way you want.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Finally had the time to play it . Man it's confusing to say the least ,the information dump at the start (what was that)and the dark environment just didn't feel right visually. It's feels like lot of seperate small events or stories rather then a whole story events linking with one another .
A downgrade from NAT ,I mean story idea is intersting but implementation really missed the mark here .

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
TEXT WALL INCOMING

I think it's fair that people come into the thread and weigh in on how they like the game - that's what we're here for - but what's the point of the same people belaboring the same points over and over again? It's obvious that most of the people in this thread wanted Kinderfeld to make some kind of "Now And Then 2", but he decided not to and that's that. No amount of complaining here is going to hound him into changing the game or abandoning it, so why not drop it and move on?

I have to admit I love this game - I really like the story and, similar to the TV show Fringe, I can handle the thin threads between some of the character actions at this point. I can't wait to find out more about this universe and I don't give a rat's ass that there (probably) isn't going to be a shit-ton of sex and fetishes.

What I don't understand is some of the badgering in this thread; there are a thousand games here and zettabytes of adult material free on the web, so why not just find something else? For example, I loved Faerin's Man of The House - it was (to me) fun, I liked that the MC worked to make money to date the girls and I thought it had a great balance between working and dating. I was enthusiastic when Faerin released Mystwood Manor; I downloaded it and discovered that...it was a hotel simulator. Of course Faerin told us it was going to be a hotel simulation game, but it was still a shock to the extent that it was a hotel simulation game.

So I then went on a passive-aggressive campaign to get Faerin to make "Man of The House 2" - no, wait...I buggered off. It's not fair or, frankly, very mature, to try to hector, badger, cajole, insult and otherwise whine anyone into changing an artistic work - period. Don't like it? Say your piece and move on but Christ...saying the same thing over and over and over again is at best tedious and just makes the 'broken records' here look obsessive.

Look...I would kind of understand giving Kinderfeld, or anyone else, some grief if they said "I will give you 2000 boobie renders every month if I get 4000 [insert monetary unit here] a month in pledges" and then didn't deliver said boobies - but he didn't and, if we're all being honest, I doubt that more than 5% of the posters here have supported him enough to any have influence with him at all.

So let's give it a rest...

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
This is a forum in which to discuss the game and our opinions of it. Those opinions may be negative, and a lot of them are for this game. Your dismissal of criticism as everyone just wanting 'Now and Then 2' is a strawman. The running thread has not been 'This isn't Now & Then', it's been 'This game doesn't feel good to play, because the connections with girls are flimsy or nonexistent, the first couple H scenes are punishments instead of rewards, and the game in general is just downer after downer.'

If you want to be in an environment where no one criticizes a game, and everyone's a yes-man praising the game, this is the wrong place.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Anyhow, I'm really liking this one. It's very different. I read that people are having trouble making "connections" with the girls, but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I love the intrigue within the plot each day, and the conflict created with the race between the Archons gives me just enough thrill to be worried about what will happen every spacebar press. I'm okay with the "punishing" scenes because other novels like Power Vacuum use NTR to punish the reader that ignores his love interests... while here, the innovation is that too much attention with a love interest robs you of your time to complete your mission. We're not supposed to be making "connections" here... and here we have a story about the MC's struggle with following through on that acknowledgement.

I understand other's critiques -and they aren't without value- but they may also be aimed at a misunderstanding of what this novel is actively striving for rather than what we've grown accustomed to reading.

Now & Then is still in my top five (I have had Leap of Faith, City of Broken Dreamers and Summer's Gone sitting on the hard drive for months as I thumb through them slowly so I haven't counted many like them yet in my measurements) but I have a feeling that The Interim Domain may prove to be as underrated as A House in The Rift due to their abstract structure within their established genre of eVNs.

Also, Roe is fucking adorable and super sexy. Really digging her story. Gotta love shorties.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
so there isn´t a right order to play all the content?
i mean Mina moved on but now i saw her in her day to day life (like everyone else)
last was version 0.6 it told end of content but i had still girls to visit so i reloaded it and visited another girl same after that end of content back in the main menu that means you can´t get all possible content in the game?

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
TEXT WALL INCOMING

I think it's fair that people come into the thread and weigh in on how they like the game - that's what we're here for - but what's the point of the same people belaboring the same points over and over again? It's obvious that most of the people in this thread wanted Kinderfeld to make some kind of "Now And Then 2", but he decided not to and that's that. No amount of complaining here is going to hound him into changing the game or abandoning it, so why not drop it and move on?

I have to admit I love this game - I really like the story and, similar to the TV show Fringe, I can handle the thin threads between some of the character actions at this point. I can't wait to find out more about this universe and I don't give a rat's ass that there (probably) isn't going to be a shit-ton of sex and fetishes.

What I don't understand is some of the badgering in this thread; there are a thousand games here and zettabytes of adult material free on the web, so why not just find something else? For example, I loved Faerin's Man of The House - it was (to me) fun, I liked that the MC worked to make money to date the girls and I thought it had a great balance between working and dating. I was enthusiastic when Faerin released Mystwood Manor; I downloaded it and discovered that...it was a hotel simulator. Of course Faerin told us it was going to be a hotel simulation game, but it was still a shock to the extent that it was a hotel simulation game.

So I then went on a passive-aggressive campaign to get Faerin to make "Man of The House 2" - no, wait...I buggered off. It's not fair or, frankly, very mature, to try to hector, badger, cajole, insult and otherwise whine anyone into changing an artistic work - period. Don't like it? Say your piece and move on but Christ...saying the same thing over and over and over again is at best tedious and just makes the 'broken records' here look obsessive.

Look...I would kind of understand giving Kinderfeld, or anyone else, some grief if they said "I will give you 2000 boobie renders every month if I get 4000 [insert monetary unit here] a month in pledges" and then didn't deliver said boobies - but he didn't and, if we're all being honest, I doubt that more than 5% of the posters here have supported him enough to any have influence with him at all.

not sure that ppl wanted now and than 2....but this is completly different kind of game what ppl played (complete nonsence for me for example as there is no LIs in this adult game....yep there are girls to fuck but who care when everyone died and word ended right :D)

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
I greatly enjoyed this game, actually, no downsides for me. Music? Works on atmosphere, which is, actually, far from rainbow and unicorns and make me sure that our MC understands where he actually is at all times (and lose himself a little when having sex and enjoys the moment, hence more upbeat music). Confusion? Yeah, since MC is actually perceeves what his "targets" expect to perceeve i.e. timeflow, peoples reactions and so on and so forth. The dude can't even choose what to watch on TV by himself.
And man the dev main theme is always up my alley, zombies and now after-death)
Thankfully after completing NaT I swore to wait until this game will go up to version 0.10 and try it only then (damn it would be hard to play it from 0.1 and wait for the next update with "1 event for each girl" per update, since I like play one girl at a time, not hopping around, though it would be more logical, I would not enjoy it)

erkper

May 16, 2018
so there isn´t a right order to play all the content?
i mean Mina moved on but now i saw her in her day to day life (like everyone else)
last was version 0.6 it told end of content but i had still girls to visit so i reloaded it and visited another girl same after that end of content back in the main menu that means you can´t get all possible content in the game?
There's definitely some issues with the way this game is implemented. Having more girls' episodes available then you can actually play in one playthrough while not governing their event pacing is not only annoying but as you noticed, can be actually story-breaking when the main storyline mentions things that haven't happened in the girls' story yet, or shouldn't happen at all because that girl shouldn't be around any more.
I guess to play it "as intended" you should pick a different girl every chance you get, scrolling down the list before starting over at the top, instead of running each girl's stories until they're exhausted before moving to the next girl you want to work on.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
There's definitely some issues with the way this game is implemented. Having more girls' episodes available then you can actually play in one playthrough while not governing their event pacing is not only annoying but as you noticed, can be actually story-breaking when the main storyline mentions things that haven't happened in the girls' story yet, or shouldn't happen at all because that girl shouldn't be around any more.
I guess to play it "as intended" you should pick a different girl every chance you get, scrolling down the list before starting over at the top, instead of running each girl's stories until they're exhausted before moving to the next girl you want to work on.
that´s what i did 1 day kaitlin next day tanya next anita etc. after that it automatically progress the main story
yeah it´s annoying (can´t remember if it was the same in NaT where you chose what to do each day or if it was "linear")

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
I was just playing through either the current or previous release (I'm a little behind so I'm playing from .08 to .10 at once)

Imagine my surprise when some local (for me) content appeared on one of the TVs.

Who's the Aussie here? SBS is our local multicultural station, and SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) and the Age are 2 of our major newspapers.

Interim Domain.JPG

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes