VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Is it better to close Mina path ??? (from the choice infront of convenient shop). The female archon following her

erkper

May 16, 2018
Is it better to close Mina path ??? (from the choice infront of convenient shop). The female archon following her
Hard to know for sure at this point, but I'm guessing yes. If you're getting Qi points for it (and more points the higher her like/love stats are) but you're not increasing her like/love stats by not moving her on, I think it is likely one of the other Archons will steal her eventually.

Ren65

Jun 25, 2019
I just played this through for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it! I honestly didn't realize that the same author also wrote Now and Then which is also one of my favorites. To me these are two different stories that shouldn't be compared to each other. I can't wait for the next update!

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I'm going to preface this by stating I'm playing with Lightman's mod.

What is the order I should be playing in?
I did Elsewhere so I opened more girl's paths until it told me to play through more girl's stories.
Should I play one girl's story all the way through or go down the list 1 time for each girl before starting back at the top?

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I'm going to preface this by stating I'm playing with Lightman's mod.

What is the order I should be playing in?
I did Elsewhere so I opened more girl's paths until it told me to play through more girl's stories.
Should I play one girl's story all the way through or go down the list 1 time for each girl before starting back at the top?
In the context of having played through fully and reviewed the code up to 0.08, so I can't say for certain if these change in 0.09 or 0.10:

Elsewhere stories do not do anything but occasionally give a little extra context. They don't open new girls' stories directly, those happen as the 'day' variable increases, which happens automatically when you finish just about any scene (including both girls' story scenes and Elsewhere scenes). That's why Lightman's mod just shows you all the Elsewhere scenes for the first couple 'chapters' without increasing the 'day' variable.

There are a few bits of story that require certain stages of some combination of girls, but they're mostly just small extra scenes, not anything heavily plot-relevant. I don't know if 0.09 or 0.10 have more relevant scenes requiring multiple girls, though, I haven't looked through the code since 0.08.

But fundamentally, it doesn't matter. Which story you play is a fake, meaningless choice, because there's no meaningful connection between the stories (up through 0.08). They're all separate unrelated stories. From what I've seen of 0.09 and 0.10, while some of the other girls start appearing in girls' stories, it's still mostly cameos (which makes sense, since those extras have to account for people who haven't played the other girl's story, or who haven't progressed far enough). Play them in whatever order you want. The main purpose of the pointless sandbox is to ignore girls you don't care about (which could have been coded a lot easier as a "talk to [Girl X]/don't talk to [Girl X]" choice, which would have avoided the entire pointless pseudo-sandbox), and follow stories of girls you do care about (right up until you eventually turn them into Qi). Given how things are going, though, ignoring girls is likely to get you a Worse End (as opposed to the best option of a lonely Bad End that you're already likely to get if you do everything "right").

You will definitely get more content cycling through the girls than following one girl's content to the end at a time; if you foillow a single girl to the end of their current story before starting any other girls' stories, you will miss the extra scenes from any other girls when the timing of those extra scenes comes around. At one point I figured out an optimal path (in 0.08) to see all the extra scenes, but it was more work than it was really worth, particularly given how ambivalent I already was about the game at the time.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
In the context of having played through fully and reviewed the code up to 0.08, so I can't say for certain if these change in 0.09 or 0.10:

Elsewhere stories do not do anything but occasionally give a little extra context. They don't open new girls' stories directly, those happen as the 'day' variable increases, which happens automatically when you finish just about any scene (including both girls' story scenes and Elsewhere scenes). That's why Lightman's mod just shows you all the Elsewhere scenes for the first couple 'chapters' without increasing the 'day' variable.

There are a few bits of story that require certain stages of some combination of girls, but they're mostly just small extra scenes, not anything heavily plot-relevant. I don't know if 0.09 or 0.10 have more relevant scenes requiring multiple girls, though, I haven't looked through the code since 0.08.

But fundamentally, it doesn't matter. Which story you play is a fake, meaningless choice, because there's no meaningful connection between the stories (up through 0.08). They're all separate unrelated stories. From what I've seen of 0.09 and 0.10, while some of the other girls start appearing in girls' stories, it's still mostly cameos (which makes sense, since those extras have to account for people who haven't played the other girl's story, or who haven't progressed far enough). Play them in whatever order you want. The main purpose of the pointless sandbox is to ignore girls you don't care about (which could have been coded a lot easier as a "talk to [Girl X]/don't talk to [Girl X]" choice, which would have avoided the entire pointless pseudo-sandbox), and follow stories of girls you do care about (right up until you eventually turn them into Qi). Given how things are going, though, ignoring girls is likely to get you a Worse End (as opposed to the best option of a lonely Bad End that you're already likely to get if you do everything "right").

You will definitely get more content cycling through the girls than following one girl's content to the end at a time; if you foillow a single girl to the end of their current story before starting any other girls' stories, you will miss the extra scenes from any other girls when the timing of those extra scenes comes around. At one point I figured out an optimal path (in 0.08) to see all the extra scenes, but it was more work than it was really worth, particularly given how ambivalent I already was about the game at the time.
Wow, yeah that seems needlessly complex when a simple choice to avoid the girl would of been better and then Boom, the choice for them doesn't appear anymore.

I'm faaaaaar more concerned with the idea of progressing a girl's story and then BAM! QI! No more love interest.
I know it makes sense story wise, but why would you reward a player for going to see their favorite girl by (effectively) killing their favorite girl?? Nope, nope, nope. I'd be so unbelievably pissed.

I'm still fairly early in the game, please tell me that isnt the case.
I don't want to finally have Roe's first time only for her to burst into light Snapture style....

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Wow, yeah that seems needlessly complex when a simple choice to avoid the girl would of been better and then Boom, the choice for them doesn't appear anymore.

I'm faaaaaar more concerned with the idea of progressing a girl's story and then BAM! QI! No more love interest.
I know it makes sense story wise, but why would you reward a player for going to see their favorite girl by (effectively) killing their favorite girl?? Nope, nope, nope. I'd be so unbelievably pissed.

I'm still fairly early in the game, please tell me that isnt the case.
I don't want to finally have Roe's first time only for her to burst into light Snapture style....
The only LI whose story is completed so far is Mina, and the choice for her last story entry is "just hang out" (spend some time with her) or "let her go" (turn her into Qi dependent on love/like points).

• Sad
Reactions: The ArcKnight

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
You've already got your answer, but I have a feeling, with absolutely NOTHING to back it up, that it will become important in the long run.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there had better be some form of payoff if we go through all of this. I will be pissed if not.

I'm still playing, even after Mina's moving onward.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
so there isn´t a right order to play all the content?
i mean Mina moved on but now i saw her in her day to day life (like everyone else)
last was version 0.6 it told end of content but i had still girls to visit so i reloaded it and visited another girl same after that end of content back in the main menu that means you can´t get all possible content in the game?
You pretty much just have to "save scum" to see all the stories and decide which stories seem like the ones you want to make a part of yours. I guess this is one of those games that is a harem but isn't quiiiiiiite a harem, y'know? I'm not sure if there really is a "best" way to play. All I know is that if I see an Archon show up after I leave a LI, I seriously consider if I did something wrong lol

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg

And here we are, on the metaphorical eve of our The Interim Domain's 0.11.0 release. With all the buzz over the , this launch almost got lost in the mix.

It's funny that with everything going on (TID 0.11.0, N&T DC, and some work for TID 0.12.0), I actually have to remind myself what's in 0.11.0. It's not that it's boring; if anything, there are some big story beats this time around and as you've probably already seen teased, we're starting to get opportunities to integrate the various characters into other story-lines. There's actually a single moment in this release that was planned well before the game was even started that needed the crossover of relationships.

As for the main story, we finally hit a moment that'd been building for some time and goes a long way to change Michael's interactions with the other Archons and Entedes, leading to some interest content down the line.

Here's the release schedule for 0.10.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - February 20, 2023
Tier 2 -
February 22, 2023
Tier 1 -
February 24, 2023
Public -
February 25, 2023

Change Log 0.11.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (11), Mina (9*), Anita (9), Tina (9), Marisa (9), Robin (8), Roe (9), Sammy (5), Allison (3), Saaya (3)
  • Added code for when the choice menu exceeds 10 options
  • Fixed typos and grammar errors
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.11.0

Windows:
-
Mac:
-
Android:
-

Walkthrough:

Bugfix: There is a known glitch in Roe Story 8 where a sound effect does not terminate correctly. Fixed script file is attached, drop it in your game folder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Bugfix: There is a known glitch in Roe Story 8 where a sound effect does not terminate correctly. Fixed script file is attached, drop it in your game folder and overwrite when asked.
There doesn't seem to be anything to overwrite. Does it go in the \game folder itself, or in a sub-folder?

Aug 30, 2022
The Interim Domain [v0.11.0] [ILSProductions] – Compressed

/

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
TheInterimDomain-0.11.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes