VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

Incog Ninja

Jul 5, 2020
Instant watchlist for me. I'll wait after a couple of updates in so I'll have a lot of content to play through. Really excited!

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Pretty darn good besides two complaints. First, he sometimes acts clueless when he shouldn't. One example would be when a certain mode of transportation disappears he says he doesn't know what to do.... Umm he already knows of an instant way to travel.

The second one is by far the worst one. I really, really didn't like that you cut me off on seeing all of the story. Why cut me off on two follow up scenes. It doesn't make sense on why you wouldn't allow me to follow up on all the characters.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy (1).jpg
Nowandthen Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy (1).jpg

And work for 0.03.0 is underway. At this point, we're working to add in the major functionality for the game, which should make future updates purely a matter of building new scenes and adding them to the appropriate script file.

A big thanks goes out to patron Lightman, who suggested a way to streamline the code when players shift to side stories from the main path and back. With his suggestion, I was able to trim out some of the code bloat.

In terms of content, we're still introducing characters and storylines and will be for another few updates. While we have five new side-story scenes in 0.03.0, the main story is focused on world building and establishing the how things work.

Edit: And you'll forgive me if my writing is super off. I'm hopped up on cold medicine right now.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy (1).jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2 (1).jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy (1).jpg

The Interim Domain 0.03.0 update #2
So, all apologies for not being totally available for comments here, Discord or Twitter over the last week or so. I've been tied up in a huge day-job project that's got me working 55+ hour weeks for the next few months. And then, last week I got my Annual Cold, which means I was super doped up on a cocktail of shit that got me able to work but gave me the attention span of a gerbil. So, most of the work being done was polishing code or content already built, because the process of writing new scenes more than five lines long was just more than my brain could manage.

We have been toying with varying lighting and rendering tricks, to push a different look to the experience. There's a few scenes between 0.03.0 and 0.04.0 where we implement volumetric lighting, which works great for atmosphere. And, yes, there's already some 0.04.0 content already being worked on. I mean, when I have a weekend day free to me, I'm going to use it to work on a \"longer\" scene, wink wink.

In terms of the 0.03.0 build, a large portion of it is in a playable state. With the restructure of the Side Story code into what appears to be a final streamlined state, there is the likeliness that some saves from 0.02.0 may not work right. Or saves that happen after the first time you chose a side story, because the game tries to call back to code that's no longer there and can't be kept for the new stuff to work. I figured we needed to lock this down now so that any future updates are HOPEFULLY future-proofed. I hate to do this, especially with the problems with N&T's saves, but getting this all implemented now is important. The hope is that by the time 0.08.0 rolls around, you'd have dozens of story moments to pick and choose from and you could focus an in-game week just hanging with one person (baring Main Story moments).

Now & Then FINAL update:
We've gotten the work for the first eight chapters finished (or close enough - there might be a few extra re-shoots here and there). Already written and partially shot are two new Julie scenes for Part 2, one of which is a Then scene and the other is in Chapter 16. At this point, I figure there'll be a lot fewer re-shoots to clean up old scenes and more work adding either new content or tweaking scenes that are already in there.

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

And here we are, with 0.03.0 ready for release. While the previous two builds were prologue and setting, this one will start showing the players how they will interact with the game over the length of the story. As mentioned in the last post, we've streamlined the backend code to reduce "spaghettification" where returning the player to the main story had a bunch of now-unnecessary code.

Also, I wanted to mention a thing that came up earlier: Links in the script. If you've played the previous builds, you've noticed some of the comments are hyperlinks. These aren't ads (or if they are I'm not making anything off of them). With Now & Then, I found myself having to explain some of the many obscure references in the story. For The Interim Domain, I figured linking to the item might help people not familiar with certain comments, memes or movie/music reference understand them.

Here's the release schedule for 0.03.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - June 12, 2022
Tier 2 -
June 14, 2022
Tier 1 -
June 16, 2022
Public -
June 17, 2022

Change Log 0.03.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin, Min, Tina, and Anita
  • Updated backend code to improve moving from main story to side story content and back while reducing excess code
Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.03.0 - Public Release

Windows: -
Mac: -

Android: -

Walkthrough*:

* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93

Change Log 0.03.0
Added new main story scenes
New story for Kaitlin, Min, Tina, and Anita
Updated backend code to improve moving from main story to side story content and back while reducing excess code

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Love the update - I can see where the game is going and I am stoked to start seeing how things play out.
I have not played the update quite yet, but it is a very interesting game so far. Too bad it is not getting more attention, but I guess the game does not have too many tags yet.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I love Now&Then but the end of the world, supernatural beings, helping lost souls, It's like some anime, I don't know

Reactions: sava75

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Wow loving this so far. Mira is very intriguing, hope we see more of her as a main LI and we learn a lot more about her. Looking forward to more the story unfolding, its a unique story and world.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
How come I noticed this only now. I thought this to be first release, but at least I got more to play than I expected.

Setting was surely one of the strangest I've seen anywhere, and this comes from the dude who has about 2000 science fiction and fantasy books in my shelves. Hard to say yet, whether I really like the setting. I'd have been more at home with more traditional setting. Throw me into some elven woods and I'm in love instantly. But this takes time to get used to. At least it's ambitious and gives plenty of opportunity for storytelling.

About characters. Not big fan on Mira, yet, at least. Perhaps only my imagination, but does she resemble MC's ex-girlfriend? Almost always with hood, so we can't see her face. At the top of the list so far is the sportsgirl (yeah, I'm bad with the names, and won't bother checking if I remember them correctly), pretty face and tight body like that isn't bad either. Shopkeeper was cute and I liked her lewd personality. Underwear seller was hot as fuck when we saw her at the second place. Neighbour's teenager.. Not fan of the face, but I like them slender, so nice. I wonder if her mom is "real" or ghostlike. Office-blonde was quite beautiful, but the personality froze my balls. Tutor girl has potential to be on the top.

Only small glimpses about potential threats of the world. It will be interesting to see where story takes us, other than getting to know girls better. Like someone said earlier, I also thought that premise doesn't look good for the MC's love life. Bring their story to fulfillment and *POOF*, they're gone to the afterlife.. I wonder if this location will be only first phase of the story? Like the changes of locations in the Now & Then?

Anyway, this will be interesting ride. I wish good luck with the project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten
3.80 star(s) 37 Votes