VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Hmmm, what is the definition of a sandbox? Is the fact that we get a list of girls to pick from in an arbitrary way not a sandbox because there is no map? Would this be a dating-sim then? It seems that there is a tag missing here but not sure what it should be. Sandbox seems the most fitting, but I don't know.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The thing is the story progresses whether or not you make any choices. So it is technically not a sandbox. A sandbox typically has thing like (If lust >30 and girl = pregnant and day = sunday .. do this). This game has a story to tell, and you do it. Your choices are to which girl you are going to talk to, in any order. However the stories are in order. Tina story 1 comes before Tina story 2, and isn't dependent on day, lust or other variable. That really is the difference. There are ~140 days in game so far, and you get your main game story, even if you don't pick any of the girls.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
So I just started playing this game and reading the comments it seems that in the past people couldn't play all the content for all the girls. is this still the case? should I be choosing a handful of favorite characters and focusing on their content? what I've been doing is progressing all the girls content at the same pace but after reading some of the comments I think this may be a bad idea and I should choose a couple girls I prefer and focus on them. baffling design decision if this is the case.

In other words will I miss content if I progress the girls stories at an equal rate

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
So I just started playing this game and reading the comments it seems that in the past people couldn't play all the content for all the girls. is this still the case? should I be choosing a handful of favorite characters and focusing on their content? what I've been doing is progressing all the girls content at the same pace but after reading some of the comments I think this may be a bad idea and I should choose a couple girls I prefer and focus on them. baffling design decision if this is the case.

In other words will I miss content if I progress the girls stories at an equal rate
From about chapter 4or 5 (it is now chapter 23), you will miss out on a girls story each chapter. So there was like 7 days but 8 new girls stories that chapter released. If you play the game, never pick "do something else", you will have about 10-15 stories left over that you cannot play. What I have done, is move the game along (picking every girl in order, so pick Kaitlin, Tina, Anita, etc. in order as they show up). Then when I get to chapter 20 (per the main story) I hit save. I think finish a girl, then the next girl. You can finish about 1/2 of them. Then I go back, load the save, and finish the girls I could finish the first time around. It only takes 2 goes to get all the girls stories.
I can then wait till the next chapter releases, and then I can hold down "CTRL" to skip the stories i've seen quickly, and then get the next unseen part in that chapter.

Reactions: Beodurr

erkper

May 16, 2018
Or use the Lightman mod so you actually CAN see all the girls' stories every update. (Though that will also tell you the "best" choices to make, which some may not want to see on a first playthrough.)

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Ya know, I think this is a great game. Wasn't sure about it at first and I'm far from finished with the content it currently has (which is A LOT), but it's overall a great game with a very interesting premise.

That said... I gotta say, I did not like (at all) the way the Sammy (and Bud) route goes. It made me feel like a complete piece of shit. The order of events and the way things happen, how character communicate (or don't) all gives me a very very big "I'm a piece of shit" feeling.

And hey, I'm someone that enjoys "stealing other guys' LIs" as a trope, assuming the guy in question isn't a bro. But Bud is, and I'd never do a friend dirty like that. Not without clearing everything up before getting physical. And come now, sometimes the MC comes off as very dense, since it was pretty effing obvious that Bud had eyes for Sammy pretty early on. Even then, assuming the MC could just go "I'm not sure", he should've fucking asked Bud about it as early as possible.

At this point, I'm expecting (and even hoping, really) that Bud breaks and turns into a remnant after all that. Not cause he deserves it, cause he doesn't and I like the dude, but because that'd be the consequence of the MC's (and Sammy's) actions, and it'd serve to torment the MC (rightfully so)

Other than the Sammy story (which was the one story I powered through to it's current end of content on account of being curious and somewhat restless with that triangular situation), I think this game is great.

There's a lot of good in it, and I feel like many ppl are being petty and unfair in their takes from what I've read.

Last edited:
Reactions: hzjujk and Beodurr

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
There's a lot of good in it, and I feel like many ppl are being petty and unfair in their takes from what I've read.
Ehhh, nah. I think their views are pretty fair. Hard to enjoy a game and LIs when you know they are ultimately just going to disappear. I'd say this game would be at least be a 5-star game if it wasn't an "adult" game with the girls ultimately falling for the MC before they are gone. I'd digest it better if it was just about friendship and helping them resolve their hangups but it's definitely not. You get romantically/sexually involved with them and then poof they're gone. It's undeniably a good story, but it's just not really a good theme for an adult game, and honestly depressing if you really think about it. The MC can't get attached to anyone, and since the MC can't, neither can the player.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ehhh, nah. I think their views are pretty fair. Hard to enjoy a game and LIs when you know they are ultimately just going to disappear. I'd say this game would be at least be a 5-star game if it wasn't an "adult" game with the girls ultimately falling for the MC before they are gone. I'd digest it better if it was just about friendship and helping them resolve their hangups but it's definitely not. You get romantically/sexually involved with them and then poof they're gone. It's undeniably a good story, but it's just not really a good theme for an adult game, and honestly depressing if you really think about it. The MC can't get attached to anyone, and since the MC can't, neither can the player.
I understand where you are coming from, but we are not at the end of the story yet.

I think (again - no foreknowledge of the ending) that when the MC 'wins', he will be able to pick one/several of the women to live out his life with in the 'new' world.

I am actually hoping for the option to bring both Mira and Apollyon with the MC to the new reality that is created due to his efforts.

We've seen most of the women develop an affinity for either a strong friendship or a bit of polyamory for other women in the story, so I feel like throuple endings are a possibility.

I don't know this OC - but it would make the journey Very rewarding to end up with several of the women who the MC tried so hard to save.

For now, I am just enjoying the story and the evolving relationships with the different women.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: hzjujk and erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
I understand where you are coming from, but we are not at the end of the story yet.

I think (again - no foreknowledge of the ending) that when the MC 'wins', he will be able to pick one/several of the women to live out his life with in the 'new' world.

I am actually hoping for the option to bring both Mira and Apollyon with the MC to the new reality that is created due to his efforts.

We've seen most of the women develop an affinity for either a strong friendship or a bit of polyamory for other women in the story, so I feel like throuple endings are a possibility.

I don't know this OC - but it would make the journey Very rewarding to end up with several of the women who the MC tried so hard to save.

For now, I am just enjoying the story and the evolving relationships with the different women.

Cheers!! :coffee:
I think this prediction is pretty spot-on. I've been saying it since before MC even sent Mina on. MC is talking to Mira about the possibility, and we've seen that winning Archons can will themselves to exist in the world they create. I don't see any reason for those to be storylines if not to set up this ending. Kinderfeld is too good of a writer to accidentally put this possibility in our heads and then reinforce it multiple times.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Feels to me like that's a problem you have with the premise, rather than the story, and that is very unfair.

It's like reading Harry Potter books and then complaining that it's bad because it has magic stuff. Kind of part of the premise there.

You don't have to like it of course, but watching a horror movie and then complaining that it had scary elements in it feels disingenuous to me.

Not that I don't see where you're coming from, cause I kinda do, but I don't think it should be something relevant to bring up given the story that is being told this time around.

I do have issues with some of the storylines and some of the ways the characters (and MC) interact with each other, like the Sammy storyline and recently (for me, cause there's still a lot of content left for me to play) the Marisa's cabin portion.

Those I disliked cause they kicked me right out of the game due to one reason or another.

PS: At the point of the game where I'm at, which should be around the halfway mark of the game's current content as a whole, it's already been established/said that Ifuma would probably want to become the next world's god. That means that the MC could make a world in which he, and possibly all the ppl he has ever interacted with in the Interim and maybe even in his previous life, to appear in the new world with him. He's have the option to make whatever rules he wanted, it seems. Idk id that's gonna happen, but it is, at least, a very real possibility.

Even if it doesn't so, for the most part there's something kinda "Spiritfarer" about this game, about helping people move on. (Which makes the issues I have with the game inside the writing and premise flare up so much and kick me out of the game)

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
The Interim Domain 0.24.0 update #1

1712117060944.png

All right, with cramming the Now & Then 1.00.0 patch in, this month's been super packed. But, we had to get that in before we split our focus on the ending content for the Interim Domain and work on Game #3. And the checklist of things that have to be done to get TID done is so massive that I kind of get a panic attack until I remind myself it doesn't have to be done in a month.

But for the upcoming month, we've got portions of 0.24.0 in a playable state. In it, you'll get to see Kaitlin finally "cross the finish line". And Tina comes to a realization of her role that doesn't require wearing herself out. Also, we get another three-day event, this time Roe and Sammy.

For Game #3 (not formally announced and the name isn't locked in), we're mostly in a testing phase with Honey Select 2's Studio to see if we can do a lot of the same things we were able to do before. A good bit of the character creation is already done and we're still sorting out the conversation mechanics.

Thanks for your patronage and interest,
-Kinderfeld

1712117184914.png
1712117196457.png

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
March 2024's Public Wallpapers

1712117265571.png

Since this month is celebrating the 1.00.0 patch release (and the 1-year anniversary) for Now & Then: Director's Cut, the Public wallpapers feature the fine ladies in familiar locations from the game.

Also, check out the .

March_2024p_1.png

March 2024 Public #1

March_2024p_2.png

March 2024 Public #2

Hope you enjoy!

-Kinderfeld

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
The Interim Domain 0.24.0 update #2

1712535406947.png

Here we are, right in the heart of the latest update's build. Structurally, we have everything up and running and are just doing script cleanups, re-writes, and re-shoots. And a few hours spent coding in all the audio and music. Story moments of note involve a heart-to-heart with Tina, meeting Marisa's mother, and a night visit from a certain Entede who may be living downstairs.

TID 0.24.0's combination scene features a three-day weekend getaway to an unexpected location with two women who badly need to get away: Roe and Sammy. As with many of the recent combo scenes, these ladies are going to have to figure out how they feel about Michael dating both of them.

1712535426281.png

In terms of other, future work, now that we've got N&T 1.00.0 out of the way, we can focus more time and effort on Game #3. Right now, we've got the plot outline for the first half forming and we've been testing out the software to make sure we can do just about everything we were doing in HS1. For those who are curious, this one'll be a return to the more story-driven linear narrative (of course with the option to chose how certain scenes play out and unlocking other content).

Thanks for your interest,
-Kinderfeld

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
The Interim Domain 0.24.0 update 3 and release schedule

1713132830441.png

And, here we are. Had to take a break from doing my taxes to get this written up and ready. As with many of the releases over the previous 6-8 months, 0.24.0 is packed with content as many storylines start to angle towards their looming ends.

With that in mind, we sat down this week and plotted out all the scenes that still needed to be done before the end. Right now, we have an extensive map of what it's going to take to wrap The Interim Domain up. We'll get more into details on that in future updates. From right now, a few quick points:

How many updates are left? I figure everything will be done and wrapped up by the end of the year, if not sooner. We're looking at most main girls getting 25 chapters + side girl stuff and then everyone's endings.

Are you working on something new? Yes. We've been throwing out some ambiguous hints for a while that we're in the pre-production stage. Doing plotting and testing out the new rendering software to see if it'll work for us.

Here's the release schedule for 0.23.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):

Tier 3 - April 16, 2023
Tier 2 - April 18, 2023
Tier 1 - April 20, 2023
Public - April 21, 2023

Change Log 0.24.0

• Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (23), Anita (21), Marisa (21), Robin (21), Allison (15), Kara (8), Natalie (21)
  • Fix additional typos and grammatical errors
Thanks for your interest and support,

-Kinderfeld

1713132944506.png 1713132956329.png

Reactions: kiki013

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Dude.... appolyon or the remnant is not a fun choice, is that an actual lockout point?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
If you are talking about the one introduced a couple months ago, then the Dev said no, as you will be able to get the choice again later (for the opposite).

Reactions: TigerWolfe
3.80 star(s) 37 Votes