VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
There is no way to know if we will run out of time to fully play out all of the stories of all of the women.
0.27.0 will bring the main story to as close to the end as you can get without us actually not working on it anymore. In fact, your last choice will allow you to go to the end, but at this point, all you can unlock is the Bad End. This will transition to 0.28.0's "perpetual day" mode, where you can just keep going on to finish up other content.
As per the dev, not next update, but the one after, it will become infinite time, so you will be able to finish everything.

For me, i played the girls 1 episode each before going back to the first one, until 18-ish where it became clear i would lag behind, so i dropped Roe and Kaitlin from my rotation as i liked them less to be able to get up to date with current content with the girls i liked most. I personally didn't like the approach of 8-9 stories per update, but only be able to play 7. It made me feel like i was missing content and with every update ending up missing even more with the accumulation of un-played options.

A few, like Mina, don't really offer anything at all IMO and can be avoided entirely while still not missing anything of value.
That's actually quite the opposite. Mina and Sayaa offer you what none of the other girls can. As short side story girls, they offer you a good amount of Qi mid-game that enable you to have enough saved to unlock Nathalie and Appolion stories, as well as being able to un-shade LI's that you might have got the bad ending with bad choices.

Reactions: Wicks99

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Thanks for the help guys, since the game is ending soon I'll just take a chance and continue what I've been doing. I suppose the "side girls" are all the ones that appear after Mina in the character stats box?

I'm OK with missing out some LIs in an update and sort of catch up towards the end, was just worried the story later would force some of them to drop out because I did not clear enough "story" with them by a certain time.

BTW at first I thought MC's ex Allison will be the main LI (like Carol in N&T), but now at Chapter 8 it doesn't look like it... Allison seems no different from all the other LIs that have appeared so far.

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
Why is this game score so low compared to others ? i find it quite interesting and almost or just as good as now & them but it having a 3.8 is strange ( not even a 4.0)

Is it the limited time mechanic ?

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Why is this game score so low compared to others ? i find it quite interesting and almost or just as good as now & them but it having a 3.8 is strange ( not even a 4.0)

If you read most of the poor reviews, the common thread of complain is either a too slow and confusing introduction and/or the girls' stories being too boring / detached.

The reality is this game is rather unique and not to everyone's cup of tea. Some sort of coherent story only starts about 2 hours into the game and not many people are willing to invest the time to go through wordy dialogue of world building when there are so many other straight forward alternatives around.

The LI's stories are also very slice of life with a negative slant, so it lacks the sort of action, mystery, intrigue, romance or humor that is commonly seen in other games. No right or wrong, but this is a niche audience game if you ask me.

Reactions: Gguga12

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

I'll add in the following:

The basic story is that the world ends almost as soon as the AVN begins. Everything that takes place afterwards is in The Interim Domain - a kind of limbo - where you (the MC) are an Archon - someone special who can help those stuck in limbo let go of their baggage and move on.

There is some great story telling here, but it does take some time to get immersed in this story.

One other aspect that some may find unappealing is that your goal is to help all the different women move on - effectively leaving you until whatever happens at the end of TID.

Saying goodbye to a woman you have grown attached to can be hard.

Now repeat this for all the women and, for me at least, it is/will be a challenge (particularly for those whose story resonates with me).

This is Not like almost all of the other AVNs I have enjoyed, because of this mechanic.

On the other hand, the relationships you build can become more precious given what you must eventually do.

You will also find that you can build relationships with two of the Entende (Mira and Apollyon) and these are, IMO, very special as both are effectively immortal beings who choose to grow closer to you (based on your actions).

I think, but do not know, that the mini-harem (harem?) that the MC can hopefully form once he 'wins' the battle of the Archons will allow him to continue relationships with both Entende as well as some number of the human women he saved.

I enjoy the dev's work, but this is not a lighthearted story, and it does take some time to get immersed in.

Gl with your choice!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: Gguga12 and Wicks99

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
One other aspect that some may find unappealing is that your goal is to help all the different women move on - effectively leaving you until whatever happens at the end of TID.

Saying goodbye to a woman you have grown attached to can be hard.
I suspected this was gonna happen early on, hence the decision to advance all the stories at roughly the same pace. At least LIs would not be gone for long periods of time before it ends.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

erkper

May 16, 2018
I suspected this was gonna happen early on, hence the decision to advance all the stories at roughly the same pace. At least LIs would not be gone for long periods of time before it ends.
And since the winning archon recreates the new world as they see fit, there's a good chance you'll get to bring back whichever LIs you choose when you do so.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1720997992575.png

I will admit, we're juggling a lot right now, with the current build and code and content in development for the next 3+ builds. And then there's the alpha code for game #3 which we promise will be formally announced shortly.

As noted in the change log below, we did some work to excise Tina from Robin's story once you complete Tina's entire run. It makes Robin's tale a little lonelier, but the main story arc is still intact. Similar changes will be in line for Marisa and Anita (and eventually Kara's inclusion in Marisa's tale).

Here's the release schedule for 0.27.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):

Tier 3 - July 16, 2024
Tier 2 -
July 18, 2024
Tier 1 -
July 20, 2024
Public -
July 21, 2024

Change Log 0.27.0

• Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Tina (24, 25), Anita (24), Marisa (24), Roe (24), Robin (24), Sammy (21), Natalie (6), Kara (10)
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions with Tina in Marisa Story 15, 18 if you ended Tina's Story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove mention of Tina in Natalie Story 1 if you ended Tina's Story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes with Tina in Roe Story 17 if you ended Tina's Story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove mention with Tina in Sammy Story 8 if you ended Tina's Story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to alter/remove scenes with Tina in Robin Story 8 if you ended Tina's Story or progressed too far along in Sammy's story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove mention/alter scenes with Tina in Robin's Story 9-23 if you ended Tina's Story.
  • Adjust formulas for Qi (Kaitlin, Saaya, Mina).
Thanks for your interest and support,

-Kinderfeld

1720998045649.png 1720998053352.png

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes