VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
In this regard, the idea to start the second game revolves in my head again.
Traditionally devs who start on a new project while leaving their current game still unfinished get a lot of flak. If this is the route you go, you should be prepared for this (especially as being so recently back) BUT the conversation you should pay attention to are what your Patreons are saying above us on forums .

Personally I like this game a lot and would prefer to see it continue. However, I also appreciate the tribulations you describe in your post. So if it becomes a choice between finding new vigour with a new game vs possibly burning out completely on this one, I'd prefer the choice which keeps a promising developer among us. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: PixelsLab

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
i agree with darkmetal. starting a new project while another is unfinished typically is a signal that the dev never finishes any one of them, so that's likely one thing that will be said. on top of that recently coming back, granted you did to it in a better way (theres some devs that just disappear while letting their patreon keep going without any contact or updates) there will be some that those two would make them hesitant. but really this is a really good game/story. and id like to see it continue too. but if its not in the cards, then its not. it is your creation after all.

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016
man you cant hang me like this on katie.
I was about to screw her but you nailed me.:cry:
Anyway glad that you're continuing the game
Also pls dont abandoned TIF, it really is an awesome game with interesting plots which are still not unfold yet.

So at anytime are goona see mc's mother and real liv, though i wouldnt mind to fuck Innana early:love:

Cheers

Last edited:

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey! Hello!
Schedule for the release of version 0.3.7.
August 28 - $ 5 patrons.
August 31 - $ 1 patrons.

I think it’s fair if everyone gets an update this month, right?
At the expense of the second game.
I read your opinion. Thank you for responding! Most agreed that it is better to continue to do TIF, and to engage in the second game only as a last resort. I thought and decided that it is better not to do the second game yet. Moreover, I was able to get my computer to render. And even managed to make 12 images! I had to split the images into two parts and each render for 3-3.5 hours, but at least it works!
By the way! The next version will be 0.3.8, and then 0.4. Both versions, in my opinion, will be very, very interesting.
In my free time, I was thinking about a new game. And I got ideas for 6 new games. LOL And one of them takes place in the same world as TIF, and the action takes place in parallel. In general, there are a lot of ideas, and they are very interesting! The characters are really funny, I've already come up with a bunch of jokes and interesting situations for them, but so far we are only working on TIF.
In general, we look forward to continuing and hope that my computer will work a little more.
Thanks for the support!

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016

Hey! Hello!
August 28 - $ 5 patrons.
August 31 - $ 1 patrons.

I read your opinion. Thank you for responding! Most agreed that it is better to continue to do TIF, and to engage in the second game only as a last resort. I thought and decided that it is better not to do the second game yet. Moreover, I was able to get my computer to render. And even managed to make 12 images! I had to split the images into two parts and each render for 3-3.5 hours, but at least it works!
By the way! The next version will be 0.3.8, and then 0.4. Both versions, in my opinion, will be very, very interesting.
In my free time, I was thinking about a new game. And I got ideas for 6 new games. LOL And one of them takes place in the same world as TIF, and the action takes place in parallel. In general, there are a lot of ideas, and they are very interesting! The characters are really funny, I've already come up with a bunch of jokes and interesting situations for them, but so far we are only working on TIF.
In general, we look forward to continuing and hope that my computer will work a little more.
Thanks for the support!
Thanks dude, appreciate that you are continuing the TIF. :love:

Last edited:

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019

Hey! Hello!
August 28 - $ 5 patrons.
August 31 - $ 1 patrons.

Thanks for the support!
I'm hyped

deathspawn246

Aug 4, 2017
View attachment 377496

Hello! Didn't lose me? I hope no.
I sent version 0.3.7 for translation.
She promised to make the transfer on Saturday. Then it will probably come out.
What's new?
74 images.
2500 words.
1 sound.

Yes, I know that I have to release big updates, but now it’s more convenient for me to work in such small steps. If you want, you can wait until the whole chapter comes out. This will be version 0.4.
If in version 0.3.5 in the beginning there were long dialogues, and in the end there were almost none, then in version 0.3.7 the opposite is true. The beginning is very dynamic, but at the end a rather large amount of text. Be careful! ;-)
And now about the bad.
I prepared a scene for version 0.3.8 to start working fully. It turned out pretty good, very good. But to render the whole scene at once, I again haven't enough RAM. :-( I already tried everything, it just doesn’t work. I have to seriously degrade the quality. Sorry.
In this regard, the idea to start the second game revolves in my head again. Well, to save up for a new computer. Because, frankly, TIF is not at all a popular game in terms of support. Plus, I set a standard in it that I myself can’t support. These are dialogs that I must constantly rewrite so that they are easy to read. And each model in the frame should have beautiful and natural poses and emotions, which is very difficult, especially with my computer. To see the preview of the render, I have to wait 5 minutes until the computer starts the render, then turn off the render, finalize the emotion and wait 5 minutes again! Therefore, work on one image takes from 30 to 60 minutes. And I'm not exaggerating! Multiply by 74 and see how much time I spend on it. (This is not counting the render itself, here I have no problems. The video card is good.)
I really do not want to reduce the quality of TIF, but working now is frankly painful. In this connection, I think, and I am interested in your opinion, to make another game. A game of a different standard.
  • Firstly, the first-person view, this will save me from having to make emotions for the protagonist and reduce the camera view, which means I don’t have to create a complete environment, like in TIF, to rotate the camera.
  • Secondly, less complex plot, more choice. Everything is simple here. The plot and characters will not be as complicated as in TIF. They will not have a double and triple bottom. In exchange, make more choices, up to the appearance or disappearance of some plot branches and girls.
  • Thirdly, more sex. I'm not an idiot and I know that there are too many dialogs and too few bed scenes in TIF, but this is the game I wanted to make. And in this I will try to please with sex-content much more often.
  • And fourthly, incest or other popular fetishes. Yes, yes, I know, I’ve joked more than once on this topic, but nothing can be done. If you want popularity, follow the trends! And I really need popularity to buy a computer. :-(
In general, while this is only an idea, I wrote it in order to discuss it with you. So write your opinion, do not be shy. I beg. I do not stop working on TIF! Not at all! But it’s very hard and not pleasant to work.
Okay, I went to finish version 0.3.7 and really look forward to your opinion!!!
Just a point of warning for you, one that should be somewhat standard for anyone on patreon really. You should remove the mentioning of incest on your patreon post, and edit it out of any others that mention it. Its part of their ToS and they could take a page down just for it being mentioned, even if its not in your game. You have really good renders and I would hate to see anything happen to this game. Best wishes and good health!

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes