VN Ren'Py The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.11.0] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 152 Votes

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
Hi PixelsLab

I saw this message on another thread (The Singer, look at my signature - last page): the developer mentioned that he just had found out about this option for DAZ engine, which is called Denoiser (and here is the link to his message on Patreon site - )

According to the developer - it is five times faster to render images (and better quality) and he said:
I made 3 animations in just 1 day (180 images from 60 frames). 30-hour workload reduced to 6 hours.

I hope it would be helpful to you (if you don't know about it). :)

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018

0095_05.jpg
Hello everyone!
The day before yesterday I finally released the Beta of version 0.11.

What's new?

• 255 images
  • 5800 words
  • 3 huge animations (1480 frames)
The update turned out to be pretty light and fun. In fact, it is such a rest before the important events that will follow. You should especially like the animations. I think they're the best I've ever done. And they're huge! About 500 frames each (took 3 weeks to render them). I hope you enjoyed them!

In general, working on this update has been hard for me. Working in the evening, after my main job, is not as easy now as it was a few years ago. In June, I didn't do anything related to the game for two and a half weeks. I just came home and couldn't bring myself to do anything. Only closer to July I got back in shape and worked every day. Now the main thing is not to lose my fervor and continue to work hard in August.

Plus there were big problems with editing. I finished the main work on the update 2 weeks ago, and all this time I've been doing purely editorial work - rewriting text, redoing raiders, changing some animations. Last week I decided to add another scene at the end altogether, so that the chapter would end in a more appropriate place. And even so, I'm still not sure about some things. Anyway, my morbid perfectionism is on full display here! I hope it was worth it and you enjoy it.

Thank you so much for your support! Wait for the update to come out for your level, and I'm off to work on chapter 12. I have two weekends ahead of me, and I have to try to make the most of them!

365 others

Aug 31, 2022

View attachment 3892280
Hello everyone!
The day before yesterday I finally released the Beta of version 0.11.

What's new?

• 255 images
  • 5800 words
  • 3 huge animations (1480 frames)
The update turned out to be pretty light and fun. In fact, it is such a rest before the important events that will follow. You should especially like the animations. I think they're the best I've ever done. And they're huge! About 500 frames each (took 3 weeks to render them). I hope you enjoyed them!

In general, working on this update has been hard for me. Working in the evening, after my main job, is not as easy now as it was a few years ago. In June, I didn't do anything related to the game for two and a half weeks. I just came home and couldn't bring myself to do anything. Only closer to July I got back in shape and worked every day. Now the main thing is not to lose my fervor and continue to work hard in August.

Plus there were big problems with editing. I finished the main work on the update 2 weeks ago, and all this time I've been doing purely editorial work - rewriting text, redoing raiders, changing some animations. Last week I decided to add another scene at the end altogether, so that the chapter would end in a more appropriate place. And even so, I'm still not sure about some things. Anyway, my morbid perfectionism is on full display here! I hope it was worth it and you enjoy it.

Thank you so much for your support! Wait for the update to come out for your level, and I'm off to work on chapter 12. I have two weekends ahead of me, and I have to try to make the most of them!
It's great to have you back, PixelsLab. I have some questions, tho: Which of your platforms is more convenient for you in terms of support? Are you releasing the updates in itch.io as well?

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
It's great to have you back, PixelsLab. I have some questions, tho: Which of your platforms is more convenient for you in terms of support? Are you releasing the updates in itch.io as well?
Hi! Thank you!
Well, look. I can't even withdraw from SS yet. I need to save at least 250$ there, which is difficult when I have 12$ a month. On Boosty the commission is 10%+, but I get the money to my card without problems. But Boosty only has a Russian version. And to get the fee from Patreon, I have to go to another country. So it's not very convenient for me everywhere. If you want to support, it's better to do it where it's convenient for you.
But as I wrote before, I don't really need money now, like at the end of last year, when I couldn't pay for housing and I didn't have enough for food. I have a job now.
About itch. I'm going to "revitalize" the page there in August. I'll add the last chapter and add an andoid version.

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
Hi! Thank you!
Well, look. I can't even withdraw from SS yet. I need to save at least 250$ there, which is difficult when I have 12$ a month. On Boosty the commission is 10%+, but I get the money to my card without problems. But Boosty only has a Russian version. And to get the fee from Patreon, I have to go to another country. So it's not very convenient for me everywhere. If you want to support, it's better to do it where it's convenient for you.
But as I wrote before, I don't really need money now, like at the end of last year, when I couldn't pay for housing and I didn't have enough for food. I have a job now.
About itch. I'm going to "revitalize" the page there in August. I'll add the last chapter and add an andoid version.
I can join the support on Patreon or Itch.io, where I have accounts. If Itch lets you get the support with less hassle than Patreon (traveling out of the country) I'd rather choose that option so you could get it easier.

I'm dying to play the new version. I know you mentioned that one is a beta, are you going to publish a release version?

DoppDopp

Jun 8, 2018
Really excited for this. So far the game has been absolutely top notch. Really good writing, characters I enjoy and great renders and animations.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0094_66.jpg

Hi again!

Wanted to add a couple things to last week's post.

First. I've changed the game's distribution a bit and now the Windows, Mac and Linux versions come in one archive. Everything should work fine, but please message me if you have any problems.

Second. The release schedule for the update.

• Level 3 - August 5.
  • Level 2 - August 8.
  • Level 1 - August 11.
Thank you for your support! Chapter 12 is a work in progress.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
so this game will be updated again?? we will be able to continue from where we were i hope and no reworks or anything lke that to be done..in hope. if yes i'm very happy cuz i liked this VN and we were at the point where things would be explained and story explained fully

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so this game will be updated again?? we will be able to continue from where we were i hope and no reworks or anything lke that to be done..in hope. if yes i'm very happy cuz i liked this VN and we were at the point where things would be explained and story explained fully
yes if/when pixels makes public update or you become supporter.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0094_25.jpg

Hi!

Just a reminder to everyone that for Level 2 Support came out today! Don't miss it.

And a big request to those who will play - please leave feedback. What did you think of the update and Chapter 11 in general? What did you like? What didn't you like? This is very important to me. After all, it's because of you that I came back to finish TIF in the first place. Remember, your praise is fuel for the author.

You can post here, on Discord, Twitter, wherever you like. It doesn't matter. I read everything.

Thank you for your support!

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Katie is back :)
Great update, I loved it. The animations are amazing as always. Maybe shaking a bit too much and could use a different fixed reference at times but great nevertheless.
The way the relationship develops with Katie is fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.TSoni
4.00 star(s) 152 Votes