3.30 star(s) 24 Votes

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
Anyone know why they completely reworked the game and what stuff the devs are going through rn?
The short version is that the project was gaining traction and growing larger than was originally envisioned. It started out as sort of a one-man-project spiritual successor of another game that never got finished, and the dev was just sort of making it up as he went along. As the project began to grow, he realized that if he kept up with the improvised approach he'd started off with that the game development was going to turn into a serious headache, with cascading bugs and graphical issues. Between that and also bringing on some other team members to help out, they needed a more elegant and unified approach to the coding and project workflow, else the project was going to end up floundering and dying due to development strain and multiplying bugs.

Ino gave consideration to waiting a few more releases to do the overhaul, but decided that ultimately it was going to be better to tear off the bandage early than do more development the hard way and end up with a bigger backlog when it came time to do the change over.

It was also an opportunity to re-approach the graphics in the game, which originally were basically just Vanilla RPG-Maker assets that were square-peg-round-hole-style being made to work with this game to a sort of "Eh, good enough" standard. They swapped to Parallax mapping with custom assets and custom sprites with variable heights and animations in order to better suit the game's aims.

Basically it was a move to make the game have better potential as a finished project, at the cost of short-term loss of content.

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
The short version is that the project was gaining traction and growing larger than was originally envisioned. It started out as sort of a one-man-project spiritual successor of another game that never got finished, and the dev was just sort of making it up as he went along. As the project began to grow, he realized that if he kept up with the improvised approach he'd started off with that the game development was going to turn into a serious headache, with cascading bugs and graphical issues. Between that and also bringing on some other team members to help out, they needed a more elegant and unified approach to the coding and project workflow, else the project was going to end up floundering and dying due to development strain and multiplying bugs.

Ino gave consideration to waiting a few more releases to do the overhaul, but decided that ultimately it was going to be better to tear off the bandage early than do more development the hard way and end up with a bigger backlog when it came time to do the change over.

It was also an opportunity to re-approach the graphics in the game, which originally were basically just Vanilla RPG-Maker assets that were square-peg-round-hole-style being made to work with this game to a sort of "Eh, good enough" standard. They swapped to Parallax mapping with custom assets and custom sprites with variable heights and animations in order to better suit the game's aims.

Basically it was a move to make the game have better potential as a finished project, at the cost of short-term loss of content.
Success is truly a naturally growing investment, amirite?

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
anyone got the link for the old version before the rework
I'm not entirely sure but I think that might be a violation of the ToU on F95, unless it's permitted in DMs but yea you're probably better off just trying to enjoy what you can while you wait for the next version of this game. On the plus side, Inocless already said they're gonna be releasing another version this month with a lot more content than just Delores's! ^_^ I'm excited, are you excited? Let's all get excited!

Apr 13, 2024
Downloaded the game off the first page. When I start it asks me if I wish to start V12.5 but during the intro about a theft it sounds like something happened which should have been shown but has been skipped. Have I downloaded the wrong version or something?

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
guys i can,t go to take medicine and school how to go??? View attachment 3923367
You can't go back to the school yet, dev already wrote in the changelog that the game event for this version is specifically Delores's. They also said they're gonna try and release another version of the game later this month to bring back some of the scenes they had to leave out this time around, so for now the school is inaccessible after completing the prologue.

3.30 star(s) 24 Votes