juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes for some people the lighting is a problem and I assure you it is being worked on. I'm not just trying to keep you all in the dark here. (See what I did there?) The big problem I have is what I view on the screens VS. what others are seeing and trying to find a happy medium. A few posts back someone took an image and photoshopped it lighter, to me original is dimly lit at night as I intended but still quite viewable on my screens while the photoshopped one looks like it's mid-day. As I said before my monitors are both at default settings for absolutely every setting available to change. All are set dead center in the middle of the bar. 50/100 5/10 and what not. So in order for these images to be seen as brighter for some it seems that they need to look like daylight on my side which I can't help but feel is going to throw some people off at some point as then the next complaint will be why is it so bright at night. But for V10 I'll try and squeeze in photoshopping a light mask on the images for this scene in hopes of improving them some.
The lightning in the room just before the MC turns the lights off (why? just why?) was perfect, it wasnt mid-day, it was perfect, and then just before the sex scene starts... dark again for no reason.....

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Well i just saw the MC turning off the lights. It was a thing from 1920 instead of 2120. I have an LG and dark scenes are not that bad, what is bad is the compression artifacts (i dont know how to call them) in the darker areas. Colors get messed up. Sometimes a scene is dark, i can be ok with that, but turning off the lights? That surprised me.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I just started to play this update. In the past I have had no problems with the lighting on my GTX1080ti, but in the first scene in the M/C's cabin you can barely see anything. I feel like I need to adjust my contrast. Instead of seeing Naida penetrated close up it's mostly a black screen. Actually so far about half the scenes are black screen and you cannot see anything. The animations are wonky too. In the past the scenes were really hot especially the birthday orgy, but now meh. The wonky animations and the dark screen kill the mood.

Last edited:
Reactions: juan palote
Jul 20, 2020
I just went through the last update and regarding the lighting etc:

1. It's not a monitor calibration issue, if it was, the other higher light scenes would be washed out and overly bright, but they're not. So it's definitely a lighting issue within the render scene (e.g. Daz). If the majority of people in this thread experience the same issue in the same scenes, and the developer is the only person not experiencing this issue, it's on the developer. When you are in daz3d, and you view the render scenes, are you using a specific renderer in the 3d window? If you're using filament, or the software renderer and not Iray (but final render with Iray) that would explain why the renders aren't lit properly. Filament and the software renderers in Daz don't fully light the 3D window like a true render would.

Edit: In a scene such as the twins & MC, how many light sources are you working with? Do you have an environment settings (HDRI?) In many of my test renders I tend to have between 6-20 lights (depending on scene/mood/time of day etc). No less than 4 (back light, focus light ambient and side). The other scene such as the cabin scene with MC and Nad had visible lights in it but the light they emitted looked like they only went 6" from the source despite the model being very brightly emitting.

2. I suggest having a third party do some play testing to get feedback on lighting quality, it may delay/slow development a bit, but quality over quantity will keep people coming back for updates.

just my .02$ on the subject.

With all that, I do enjoy the story it's interesting enough, Only "gripe" (minor) I personally have is that all the female characters have this constant wide gaping smile in many of the scenes like a "shocked/surprised smile" look on their faces. The twins are more obvious than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: juan palote

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
First time player of this one and beyond the obvious lighting issues, I have a few observations:

1. The storyline is great. A bit formulaic but still enticing and entertaining. The only wrinkle is Dwayne. If he's that much of a sleazeball and actively working against the MC, it seems odd that particular situation hasn't reared its head. I'm fairly certain Karen would take no shit from him and being fairly insistent about tossing his fat arse overboard. Add to that, the guy went to town on the MC's own sisters' underwear and the MC is barely concerned? Fuck that shit. Tubby would be a new life buoy if that had been my ship.

2. The action is hot as all get out and it's nice to see a girl getting DP'd for a change, even if it's a lesbian three-way. The sisters squirting every second is as hot as fuck, but are we really kidding ourselves that it's an ejaculation? The jury isn't still behind closed doors on that one kids. The only way a woman sprays fluid like that is when she's either actively pissing or losing control and pissing. Both hot and quite enjoyable, but a much different reality to what Brazzers would have you believe. A side note here is the animations. They are clunky and jerky and do little to enhance the feel of the story. A well staged series of pics would be much better (particularly if the lighting was improved) instead of the current setup.

3. Finally, the models themselves. Great to see some unique characters for a change, but I have to say that "Britney V" (loved that scenario btw) and the two sisters are definitely not the hottest girls in the game when it comes to looks, which is a grand shame. The expressions and facial contortions those three get into certainly don't help with the general look of them either. I actually think it'd be fair to use the models as trans assets.

Beyond all that, a great storyline and premise which allows one to overlook the deficiencies noted.

ThisKitty

Jun 7, 2017
What the fuck is the point of an adult visual novel if you can't see shit? If I wanted to nut to questionably erotic dialogue in the dark I'd go to fanfiction.net with a TTS screenreader. It's so dark that I half expect you to churn out an update that's all black without rendering a single scene. I'm not sure I'd even notice the difference. I've literally moved the window to another monitor several times to check that there was anything on the screen.

I'm glad some people are sex ninjas and can effortlessly coordinate orgasms in zero light with strangers. Are they even fucking in these scenes? It could just be a screaming competition.

And this scene is particularly bad:

1613438200315.png

I deliberately grabbed the most potato camera I could to snap this image of Naida saying "Jesus, I've never seen so much at once." Because in this scene, the camera sees better than I do. My eyes can only see two fingernails, a room light, and some weird reflective shit in the top left. Everything else is black. My brightest monitor doesn't even show a nipple. Does she have infrared vision? Does she have super powers? Because I wouldn't be able to see well enough to aim in that room - much less tell if I hit the target. I'm not even sure what light is there to reflect off the fingernails. All the light is coming from the back.

Seeing how the camera sees these scenes so much better than I do, I can't help but wonder if this is some AR thing where I'm supposed to play the game through a camera. Like an erotic Fatal Frame parody or something. Supernatural titties can't be seen by the naked eye. You need a sex camera with sex film. And a sex flash, too, because nobody pays their electric bill when they're dead.

):

Anyway, not trying to drag down your spirits with the criticism, but prove a point. Please put some light in the rooms. The whole game is about people exploring each other and themselves. Surely in the middle of that they could learn to appreciate having sex with the lights on. At least do it for the audience - who has no sensory connection other than sight.

You probably need to try displaying scenes on another computer/monitor with factory settings in daylight if you've been letting dim af scenes like these, through. Your dev system might be as bright as the sun with jacked up contrast, but I try to keep the brightness down to not fry my eyes. Especially with the pandemic going on.

Models range from okay-ish to good. Kind of disappointing the twins are so story-centric but not as hot as the other randos. Sometimes I'm tempted to skip through them. Hayden's face model doesn't fit well with the others and something about it makes my skin crawl. Which is sad because she's not a bad character. If this is what works for you, though, guess I can skip.

Still wish we could ditch Dwayne. We can always find another mechanic doesn't creep people out.

Crystalblood

Mar 11, 2020
Twin sisters?!?

I wonder how much Physical effort it’s going to take for him to tell them apart.

I can’t wait. :LOL: :coffee:
According to the Overview its not only a Twin Sister but Step Twin Sister. how now thats possible did the mother take the load from two guys at the same time and and one of each swam into the Cookie at the same time? xD

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
MichaelFenix - I downloaded v0.8 onto multiple systems and platforms, and sure enough, the bedroom scenes are unwatchable. Here are two screencaps taken on an i7/Win10/RTX 2060 laptop, one from The Island and the other from Mythic Manor:

The Island Nadia.jpg Mythic Manor Fanora.jpg

The Mythic Manor render is at night, in a park and yet we can see everything interesting to us as viewers. The render from The Island, on the other hand, is in the MC's cabin and is unviewable. This difference is down to lighting choices and isn't the result of GPU anomalies or calibration issues - you put the characters in an indoor space and then turned the lighting down to add some kind of pseudo-romantic ambience and you didn't need to do that.

I get that correct lighting in a modeling program is a skill and there are other VNs that have the same problem, but this is consistently the worst that I've seen and you really don't seem to accept that this your issue and not ours - or you're trolling us. Either way, I'm done with this thread, this VN and will just defund this and move on.

• Red Heart
Reactions: homiKnom

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well yea dev likes pitch black.

mythic manor isn't perfect example since on hs gamesthere tend to be more than enuf of lighting.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
MichaelFenix - I downloaded v0.8 onto multiple systems and platforms, and sure enough, the bedroom scenes are unwatchable. Here are two screencaps taken on an i7/Win10/RTX 2060 laptop, one from The Island and the other from Mythic Manor:

View attachment 1042070 View attachment 1042071

The Mythic Manor render is at night, in a park and yet we can see everything interesting to us as viewers. The render from The Island, on the other hand, is in the MC's cabin and is unviewable. This difference is down to lighting choices and isn't the result of GPU anomalies or calibration issues - you put the characters in an indoor space and then turned the lighting down to add some kind of pseudo-romantic ambience and you didn't need to do that.

I get that correct lighting in a modeling program is a skill and there are other VNs that have the same problem, but this is consistently the worst that I've seen and you really don't seem to accept that this your issue and not ours - or you're trolling us. Either way, I'm done with this thread, this VN and will just defund this and move on.
If I had accepted that this was your issue and not mine I would not be trying to fix it, Secondly the image you are using is one of the original images that started this not the re-dlit images which are going to be seen in V9.
2013.jpg

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
I just went through the last update and regarding the lighting etc:

1. It's not a monitor calibration issue, if it was, the other higher light scenes would be washed out and overly bright, but they're not. So it's definitely a lighting issue within the render scene (e.g. Daz). If the majority of people in this thread experience the same issue in the same scenes, and the developer is the only person not experiencing this issue, it's on the developer. When you are in daz3d, and you view the render scenes, are you using a specific renderer in the 3d window? If you're using filament, or the software renderer and not Iray (but final render with Iray) that would explain why the renders aren't lit properly. Filament and the software renderers in Daz don't fully light the 3D window like a true render would.

Edit: In a scene such as the twins & MC, how many light sources are you working with? Do you have an environment settings (HDRI?) In many of my test renders I tend to have between 6-20 lights (depending on scene/mood/time of day etc). No less than 4 (back light, focus light ambient and side). The other scene such as the cabin scene with MC and Nad had visible lights in it but the light they emitted looked like they only went 6" from the source despite the model being very brightly emitting.

2. I suggest having a third party do some play testing to get feedback on lighting quality, it may delay/slow development a bit, but quality over quantity will keep people coming back for updates.

just my .02$ on the subject.

With all that, I do enjoy the story it's interesting enough, Only "gripe" (minor) I personally have is that all the female characters have this constant wide gaping smile in many of the scenes like a "shocked/surprised smile" look on their faces. The twins are more obvious than others.
I Usually have numerous light's in the indoor scenes, outdoors where everything is fine is just a skydome. And I am using Iray for the renders. How it is that I still see them and others do not is baffling to me. But as shown in my previous post the darker scenes have been lightened up or completely re-rendered. I admit part of the quality drop has come from me rushing updates since making the "Deal" to pound out monthly updates for a better rendering rig. it seems that every aspect of the game has suffered from making this deal so I may have to re-nig on that and put things back on track as they were before taking that offer.

RobKrauzer

Nov 24, 2019
Una visual novel sin historia, llenas de sexo sin sentido y con pocas elecciones que al final no importan porque igualmente terminan en escenas de sexo.
Al final resulta aburrido y monótono.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
If I had accepted that this was your issue and not mine I would not be trying to fix it, Secondly the image you are using is one of the original images that started this not the re-dlit images which are going to be seen in V9.
View attachment 1042518
This sort of lighting rarely ever happens in real life. There should be a light on the nightstand, and the ceiling lights extending over the bed's headboard should also light up the girl's face.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
this game gets worst as each update drops renders are way to dark animations are really bad the whole scene with the fat guy and the pirate glad we don't see them fuck but this dev needs to sit down and figure out his renders because half the sex scenes were way to dark.
Shit, I thought it was just me wondering why most of the indoor and sex scenes, animate or not so dark that I can't male out the images, just figures moving in the dark.
This game has a lot going for it so not sure why the renders are so dark. It ruins all the hard work.
Plus there are lamps and lights behind the characters in the bathroom etc so why all the dark scenes.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I'm reading some comments that say it's a great story. And I must be playing something else. What I see is a lesbian party on a boat in which there is a guy who pays all the expenses and who has some scenes with the girls(very few compared to all-girl scenes). The guy has less personality than a prawn. It does not matter to him. I just hope the pirates catch them and throw them overboard. Or that the MC change, throw all the girls off the ship and take new ones in any port. Total, to see how all the girls fuck each other, maybe if he takes new ones there is a straight girl

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm reading some comments that say it's a great story. And I must be playing something else. What I see is a lesbian party on a boat in which there is a guy who pays all the expenses and who has some scenes with the girls(very few compared to all-girl scenes). The guy has less personality than a prawn. It does not matter to him. I just hope the pirates catch them and throw them overboard. Or that the MC change, throw all the girls off the ship and take new ones in any port. Total, to see how all the girls fuck each other, maybe if he takes new ones there is a straight girl
you are having right story and it's stupid and it's mostly lesbian with some dicking (in dark).

Reactions: EZ8lt
2.90 star(s) 37 Votes