Ren'Py Abandoned The J-Files Episode 1: The Penny Conspiracy [v1.a] [L8eralGames]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
I looked at some images and wondered why this got abandoned.

Then I saw the MC.

The creators work has improved, I played the first Shag The Hag as it was made.

(I know its a comedy, I also know some people won't play it due to the MC - I will still play this as it looks amusing)

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I looked at some images and wondered why this got abandoned.

Then I saw the MC.

The creators work has improved, I played the first Shag The Hag as it was made.

(I know its a comedy, I also know some people won't play it due to the MC - I will still play this as it looks amusing)
He kind of reminds me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, a plus imho.

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
"Unvomnventional" main characters are a big advantage of L8eralGames.
I prefer rather bald elderly guy than again those short-haired boys spit out of Daz 3D in 5 minutes, almost identical to hundreds of other games.

Hawkeye3d

Apr 19, 2020
Shame this one was abandoned by L8eralGames, but since he doesn't charge anything it's his prerogative. Cannot imagine what one of his finished games would become. tenor_gif6300975964872946692_2264534225893685.gif

Reactions: damnedfrog

Choko-kun

Apr 4, 2020
He kind of reminds me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, a plus imho.
Maybe it is inspired? After all.... there's a woman called "Penny" in the story. Plus having outer space science shit connects it even more.

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
I wish you'd start on it again. I miss Penny; That perfect ass, those firm tits, tight waistline, the cockteasing... my dream girl, that.

Reactions: Stringy Bob

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I wish you'd start on it again. I miss Penny; That perfect ass, those firm tits, tight waistline, the cockteasing... my dream girl, that.
i'm still finishing STH2 (which is a rather large game comparatively) but we'll see what i can do next with penny. i definitely haven't forgotten it.

one thing i've learned is never to release an unfinished product.

it might work for other devs who want lots of monthly income (and i do, believe me - i'd love to quit my day job), but i seem to have poor luck with my computers and lose data now and then. i lost all my texture files at the beginning of the year, and i did a lot of custom textures (especially for my newer games). add to that, patreon pinged me for the alien girl in this one. so, she needs a redesign or i need to re-do the story to get her out of the game.

going forward, i'm just going to release completed games as i'd wanted to in the beginning (like with reconnect). it means i get practically no subs, but i've resigned myself to the fact i'm just not popular. :p

tldr: this game isn't abandoned despite the tag. i'm just one person.

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
i'm still finishing STH2 (which is a rather large game comparatively) but we'll see what i can do next with penny. i definitely haven't forgotten it.

one thing i've learned is never to release an unfinished product.

it might work for other devs who want lots of monthly income (and i do, believe me - i'd love to quit my day job), but i seem to have poor luck with my computers and lose data now and then. i lost all my texture files at the beginning of the year, and i did a lot of custom textures (especially for my newer games). add to that, patreon pinged me for the alien girl in this one. so, she needs a redesign or i need to re-do the story to get her out of the game.

going forward, i'm just going to release completed games as i'd wanted to in the beginning (like with reconnect). it means i get practically no subs, but i've resigned myself to the fact i'm just not popular. :p

tldr: this game isn't abandoned despite the tag. i'm just one person.
That's good to hear. If it helps, you are not the only one to have data problems. I was working on taxes at home when my significant other fell and injured herself. I left the computer running and took her to the hospital. While I was gone the power company cut power to do work and ruined my hard drive and my data. My office desktop also crashed a few months ago, so you're not alone my friend. Take all the time you want.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
That's good to hear. If it helps, you are not the only one to have data problems. I was working on taxes at home when my significant other fell and injured herself. I left the computer running and took her to the hospital. While I was gone the power company cut power to do work and ruined my hard drive and my data. My office desktop also crashed a few months ago, so you're not alone my friend. Take all the time you want.
yep, that beats my lame power surge, or just plain forgot to backup the textures folder before upgrading...

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes