3.90 star(s) 15 Votes

koko1100

Mar 10, 2019
I think the game needs steam to apply the pak, I got it working somehow.

what I did was

from steam downloaded the playtest again, luckily, I didn’t remove it from my account, after that I replaced the content of the steam playtest folder with the v0.5.0.3 version and put the extra.pak in the "\steamapps\common\TheKillingAntidotePlaytest\TheKillingAntidote\Content\Paks" and "\steamapps\common\TheKillingAntidotePlaytest\TheKillingAntidote\Mods", booted the game with steam and the pak was applied.

hope this helps u guys as well
You did god's work my friend, the only down side is you need to run the steam playtest everytime. But now is showing everything NICE

Maximumsily

Jun 27, 2019

Could someone share this mod?
And tell me where to put it in the game folder
All mods are from Steam Workshop at the time of writing this post.

Copy to:
TheKillingAntidote\Content\Paks or TheKillingAntidote\Content\Paks\~mods
*Just remember to pull the .pak files out of each folder and copy them separately. So that all the .pak files are in the same folder.

Last edited:

Homey1111

Mar 21, 2019
Can someone who has the game on steam post up their VariantManagerContent.ini file? I wanna test something.

You can find it in \AppData\Local\TheKillingAntidote\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Filo_p

Oct 9, 2023
Shouldn't the files from the workshop be put in the Mods folder?
Just clarifying
Because if you put it in ~mods, it doesn’t see the mod in the game manager
Even though it maybe it works, haven't tested it

new mods

Last edited:

xLexi_Lee

Mar 4, 2024
Mega
Copy to:
*Just remember to pull the .pak files out of each folder and copy them separately. So that all the .pak files are in the same folder.
Instead of uploading mods in a compressed folder, when there is an update for a mod or a new mod release, you will probably upload it separately in a different folder with a different link. Therefore, I recommend you create a folder in Mega or another cloud service and upload the mods there. Then, share the link to the mods folder so you can add new mods and updates all in one folder.

Reactions: koko1100

cyberdarkly

Oct 21, 2024
Mega
Copy to:
Thanks for the link. When I started the game after copying all pak files into ~mods folder, I got this messge. Any suggestions?

Edit : Never mind , I subscribed and installed them via Steam Workshop. Thanks.

Last edited:

cyberdarkly

Oct 21, 2024
If you have access to the workshop, could you post the two mods that I gave above the links?
I installed 3 mods via Steam Workshop but can't find one of them in game as shown in the image. Also I can't find the mod files that I installed in any folders such as
c:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TheKillingAntidote\TheKillingAntidote\Content\Paks\ or
Content\Paks\~mods\
Something's wrong, I guess?

Last edited:

BrownPearl

Jul 21, 2021
I tried the same but it didn't work. Which version of the game are you using? The one posted by zero12319 earlier today?

The dev mentioned in his message to Patreon supporters that it only needs to go in the "Mods" folder (your last screenshot)
Been lurking but just had to step in and contribute. The extra pak needs to go in the ~mods folder inside your paks folder

cyberdarkly

Oct 21, 2024
TheKillingAntidote\ TheKillingAntidote\Mods
Either here
If it's empty, you should probably look here
\ steamapps\workshop\content
And the game number is assigned by steam
I found them in 'content' folder under 'workshop' and you can download a zip file from mediafire.

btw, I can't still install Frekles mod in game.lol

3.90 star(s) 15 Votes