Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
where i can get the "traceback"
The Traceback file is generated when the game crashes or hits an exception for whatever reason, and contains info about what caused the crash/exception. The fact that there isn't a traceback file there suggests that renpy hasn't hit any obvious snags. Have you experienced this issue with other renpy games?

And the log file looks perfectly normal, nothing obvious sticks out there. Could you screen cap a video?

Actually, take back what I said about being perfectly normal, the
Code:
controller: '03000000100800000100000000000000' 'PS1 Controller' 1L
controller: '03000000100800000100000000000000' 'PS1 Controller' 1L
lines are interesting. Would have to go through the documentation to see what it means precisely, but it's not present in mine. Are you using a mouse and keyboard to play the game? Do you have a game controller connected to your PC?

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
I'm an idiot, I have Windows 11. Should have checked before just guessing, with that to light any other ideas?

Forget everything I just said, download the RIGHT file. Before I downloaded the Mac file, I am a fool. Thanks for helping me realize that Big Dad, safe downloads.
Glad to help, and while you are at it, I'd suggest 7-zip over Breezip personally. Never heard of Breezip before, and while it may be good, it does strike me as a little sketch. 7-zip is the go to for zipping and unzipping files (but you can even just use windows' built-in zip archiver as well for plain old zip files)

Reactions: DarkDxD

Zulfiqar

Sep 16, 2019
It's funny how this is one of the least offensive ren'py sandboxes I've seen out of many and yet I still despise hunting for events in it. Thank you dev for the gallery unlock switch, very nice game :BootyTime:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ooh and NyuNyu

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
It's funny how this is one of the least offensive ren'py sandboxes I've seen out of many and yet I still despise hunting for events in it. Thank you dev for the gallery unlock switch, very nice game :BootyTime:
Same. Still a great game. Seems like with recent updates he's making it more story driven with the sandbox element becoming a side thing.

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
While I realize there's mixed feelings about the sandbox elements, I wonder if I should add the tag?

In fact, what other tags do you guys thing I should add to this thread?

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
While I realize there's mixed feelings about the sandbox elements, I wonder if I should add the tag?

Probably could add...
Ahegao
Exhibitionism

Hope you add...
Pregnancy
MILF
Multiple penetration
Group Sex (3way 2 girls 1 guy)
Swinging (Kendo has a competition with the redheads lover on who's cock is better and he steals her)

Hope you never add...
Scat
Vore
Pissing
Sleep sex
Futa unless its optional
Rape
Loli (Unless its a scenario where the girl is 18 and just as thicc as the other characters)

Hope that helps

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018

I wouldnt add the sandbox. From experience, I see the "sandbox" tag and immediately pass until it gets a decent rating. It wouldnt be false advertisment and the game is good enough that I think most ppl would still play even after discovering the sandbox elements. Perhaps stick in a longer cut scene in the beginning or something.

You wont please everybody, you've already pleased most of us. Keep up the good work.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017

I wouldnt add the sandbox. From experience, I see the "sandbox" tag and immediately pass until it gets a decent rating. It wouldnt be false advertisment and the game is good enough that I think most ppl would still play even after discovering the sandbox elements. Perhaps stick in a longer cut scene in the beginning or something.

You wont please everybody, you've already pleased most of us. Keep up the good work.
As a noted fan of the sandbox elements on this game (and am very much looking forward to the sandbox options reappearing in the next update), I somewhat agree and disagree . The issue with the sandbox tag, much like the NTR tag, is that they are overloaded and carry a lot of weight. Sometimes people see sandbox and interpret that as "grindy" or "lack of plot", even if the sandbox elements heavily play into the plot and aren't grindy in the slightest (I've played kinetic novels that are far more grindy than this game). Others see the sandbox and enjoy the freedom and options it provide to pursue the scenes that most appeal to them at the time. For me it honestly depends on what mood I'm in as to which approach I prefer.

Personally, I'd add the sandbox tag, as I think it more accurately describes the game, but I can understand the choice not to as well.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017

As for tags to add, base on what is already in the game:
  • Ahegao
  • Corruption (definitely feeling this theme with the recently added content)
  • Cosplay
  • Dilf (feels applicable)
  • Exhibitionism
  • footjob
  • male domination
  • multiple endings (maybe? - not sure how fleshed out the all are going to be at this stage)
  • point & click (believe this game falls in that definition)
  • sexual harassment - shades of this with Erina
  • stripping
  • titfuck
  • maybe teasing
  • voyeurism (this one absolutely)
And obviously looking forward to future tag editions

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ooh

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022

Personally, I tend to avoid stuff that has a ton of tags. Just seems like the game doesn't know what it is and is just throwing everything at the wall then. Id hate to be looking for a cheating tag and the only cheating is a single kiss or some shit. Id tag stuff that you plan to focus a lot of content on.

Reactions: Ooh

Lolichu

May 4, 2017
No Try Studios
Have you considered giving a very generalized non-spoiler roadmap for non patrons, to give an idea of what lies ahead? I know you have one behind a paywall, but knowing the general direction (focus on side characters, mary, or main story content) can help someone like me determine whether or not to patronize.

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
No Try Studios
Have you considered giving a very generalized non-spoiler roadmap for non patrons, to give an idea of what lies ahead? I know you have one behind a paywall, but knowing the general direction (focus on side characters, mary, or main story content) can help someone like me determine whether or not to patronize.
Huh, yeah, could've sworn I put that roadmap as public, but I must've missed the button.

In any case, switched it to public now at the patreon page if anybody's interested. It's just a rough plan of what's going to be in the next handful of updates (very basic descriptions, so not spoilery at all).

4.00 star(s) 54 Votes