xxxxdave

Feb 13, 2018
I'm liking this so far. Not really into netotare that much but this dosen't seem that bad plus the Bull is a nice guy which is very important

moirai145

Oct 27, 2022
In-game walkthrough mod & Gallery Unlocker, versions 0.2.5 and 0.2.6

UPDATE: Added version 0.2.6 and removed version 0.2.4. Also Added Gallery Unlocker! Just hit the padlock image in the top right of the gallery to unlock all scenes (hit it again to relock scenes and see what you missed)

You only need to download ONE file - Choose the version that matches your game version (0.2.5 or 0.2.6)

If you are still missing scenes and not seeing any new icons on your map (make sure to check nighttime and daytime, with and without Mary), try starting a new game and pick the skip to chapter 2 option (or start from the beginning if that doesn't work).

With all the questions being asked about missing points on this thread, I figured it would be worth making an In-game walkthrough for this game. It should make it pretty difficult to miss scenes, at least that's the goal!

The way it works is pretty self-explanatory, but it's basically a super extension of the in-game hint system (the red exclamation points that appear now and then). The mod adds an additional blue and yellow exclamation point, and also color codes the text as well so you can easily find the corresponding event.

Events are color-coded based on the type of event:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just finished a test run on both versions, so I should have the bugs worked out, but let me know if you run into anything.
The in-game for version 0.2.4 also includes a bugfix for the gallery issue.

To install: Just extract the zip file in the game directory (where the .exe is) and overwrite all the necessary files. Make sure to grab the right zip for your game version!

Lol, of course I didn't see this post before I finished creating this in-game walkthrough, but feel free to use it and integrate it into the main game. It should be fairly customizable and extensible, but feel free to message me if you'd like any additional info or tweaks.

I accept payment in likes and Early-Access Patreon versions lmao.
i extract and replace all the file inside 2.6 with file inside the mod folder but for some reason i got error when try to open the gallery?

Edit: for images folder inside mod, do i put it inside imagesDefined folder or not?

1680648749691.png

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
i extract and replace all the file inside 2.6 with file inside the mod folder but for some reason i got error when try to open the gallery?

Edit: for images folder inside mod, do i put it inside imagesDefined folder or not?

View attachment 2521260
Whoops

The 0.2.6 version up here already has the mod installed as a game feature. I did some image resizing and changed the format of a few images (such as the one the gallery is trying to reference), so if you add the old mod files on top of the 2.6 version it'll cause that problem.

Will leave a note in the OP about the mod being useful for versions 0.2.5 and under.

W0AH

Apr 4, 2023
So like, how do I run this? I've download it but as I look through the files I can't help but not know what to press. Do I need a certain app to play this game?

arandano

Oct 16, 2019
That's odd. I've had another report of something like this, but I can't tell what's causing it and it's not an error you seem to be able to screenshot...
Now I try to play from the beginning and it doesn't matter how many times I choose an option, it doesn't advance from there, the game doesn't start, I repeatedly click any of the 2 options and nothing happens.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
Whoops

The 0.2.6 version up here already has the mod installed as a game feature. I did some image resizing and changed the format of a few images (such as the one the gallery is trying to reference), so if you add the old mod files on top of the 2.6 version it'll cause that problem.

Will leave a note in the OP about the mod being useful for versions 0.2.5 and under.
Great, I'll note this as well, hadn't tested the public version!

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
So like, how do I run this? I've download it but as I look through the files I can't help but not know what to press. Do I need a certain app to play this game?
what system are you on. You should just need to double click the .exe if on windows, like any other .exe (King_of_Summer,exe, i'd suggest turning on file extensions if you haven't. Without file extensions, it will just show as King_of_Summer)

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
Now I try to play from the beginning and it doesn't matter how many times I choose an option, it doesn't advance from there, the game doesn't start, I repeatedly click any of the 2 options and nothing happens.
You have entered the shadow dimension, best of luck.

But in all seriousness, that's a very weird bug. What platform are you running on (e.g. Windows 10)? Would you mind sharing log.txt and traceback.txt here (both files are located in the base directory of the game install)?

moirai145

Oct 27, 2022
Whoops

oh thank you for answering that. Another quick question, I notice even when I unlock the gallery, Erina cosplay BJ is still gray out for me. Is this because this is a scene you havent implemented and if not how do I unlock it?

1680660959561.png

No Try Studios

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
oh thank you for answering that. Another quick question, I notice even when I unlock the gallery, Erina cosplay BJ is still gray out for me. Is this because this is a scene you havent implemented and if not how do I unlock it?

View attachment 2521587
There are two answers to this question.

1st) I intend to make the scene unlocker only for scenes not released in current patch. Will add a prompt/message explaining it later.

2nd) I screwed up that bit of the gallery so even if you do watch the scene it won't unlock. Lil' bug I need to fix.

W0AH

Apr 4, 2023
what system are you on. You should just need to double click the .exe if on windows, like any other .exe (King_of_Summer,exe, i'd suggest turning on file extensions if you haven't. Without file extensions, it will just show as King_of_Summer)
I'm on an mac and using BreeZip, I've looked for the exe and can't find it. Also find the file extensions, didn't even know I could do that thank you.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
I'm on an mac and using BreeZip, I've looked for the exe and can't find it. Also find the file extensions, didn't even know I could do that thank you.
BreeZip is only available on windows, . Are you running an emulator? If you are on a mac, try running it natively, and use mac OS's .

On Mac you are looking for a .dmg or .app. If it's a .exe, you have the wrong version.

Last edited:
Reactions: W0AH

W0AH

Apr 4, 2023
BreeZip is only available on windows, . Are you running an emulator? If you are on a mac, try running it natively, and use mac OS's .

On Mac you are looking for a .dmg or .app. If it's a .exe, you have the wrong version.
I'm an idiot, I have Windows 11. Should have checked before just guessing, with that to light any other ideas?

Forget everything I just said, download the RIGHT file. Before I downloaded the Mac file, I am a fool. Thanks for helping me realize that Big Dad, safe downloads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Daddy

arandano

Oct 16, 2019
Foolks! i need help , the main menu works well but when i try to play the game or watch any scene from the galery i'm not able to pass the dialogues with "space bar" or "skip" .

No Try Studios

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Foolks! i need help , the main menu works well but when i try to play the game or watch any scene from the galery i'm not able to pass the dialogues with "space bar" or "skip" .
Think you could share the log.txt and traceback.txt files so I can check?

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
There are two answers to this question.

1st) I intend to make the scene unlocker only for scenes not released in current patch. Will add a prompt/message explaining it later.

2nd) I screwed up that bit of the gallery so even if you do watch the scene it won't unlock. Lil' bug I need to fix.
At some point you should consider making a proper picture gallery, not text gallery. Gallery that only has scene titles is as poor as it can only be

4.00 star(s) 54 Votes