niifan

Aug 9, 2023
why the archive file is always corrupted im upload file three times but it doesnt work anyone can help?

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
There's one at the
Can you share the changelog 0.4.4? I see you introduced a new heroine (hot btw) and i also thought we would see more of Natsuki this time, curious if i was confused and that is part of 0.4.4 or the next one.

Also great game, a bit of everything for all but in enough quantity to not feel small so far, i am kind of glad i only found it recently since i had a LOT to play through xD

Also do you still plan to introduce more heroines?

Reactions: jaden000

elbro

Nov 22, 2020
About Kendo if he is a bad person is a matter of perspective, but he have bad traits, no moral, selfish and irresponsible, that make him do things that people can perceive like bad behavior.

Reactions: Ghostyiooo8

Federok88

May 23, 2022
About Kendo if he is a bad person is a matter of perspective, but he have bad traits, no moral, selfish and irresponsible, that make him do things that people can perceive like bad behavior.
Im not gonna enter in a crusade against Kendo like others here but no, is not a matter of perspective. There was a good and bad way in wich Kendo could've brought and dealt with Satoshis faults. Kendo choose the most selfish and self-indulgent path and betrayed his nephew way before the Arato fuck up. If thats the way he treats his supposedly favorite nephew i shudder to think how he would treat a friend.

ps: yes Arato is worse but that bar is so low that is almost touching the ground.

Kysky

Nov 22, 2020
I really feel like the story is seriously slackening. Adding more female characters (mother of Erina for instance) is a very good thing but there is no real suspense anymore, no more tension, no more surprises. Kendo is like an absolute monarch in his realm. It is now just a matter of time before he does every female character.

What was really lovely about this game was the mess inside Erina's or Mary's head, their incertitude, this very moment about them just before letting go, accepting their feelings.

Something must be added to disturb the force and to add new spices to the story. And as I already mentioned, couples of updates ago, the best way to do it is, in my opinion, a new contender. Someone which can really rival Kendo (or Arato) and make him and the girls doubt.

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Im not gonna enter in a crusade against Kendo like others here but no, is not a matter of perspective. There was a good and bad way in wich Kendo could've brought and dealt with Satoshis faults. Kendo choose the most selfish and self-indulgent path and betrayed his nephew way before the Arato fuck up. If thats the way he treats his supposedly favorite nephew i shudder to think how he would treat a friend.

ps: yes Arato is worse but that bar is so low that is almost touching the ground.
well, welcome to modern world, where in minds of most people there is no up or down, left and right, only subjective relativity.

I really feel like the story is seriously slackening. Adding more female characters (mother of Erina for instance) is a very good thing but there is no real suspense anymore, no more tension, no more surprises. Kendo is like an absolute monarch in his realm. It is now just a matter of time before he does every female character.

What was really lovely about this game was the mess inside Erina's or Mary's head, their incertitude, this very moment about them just before letting go, accepting their feelings.

Something must be added to disturb the force and to add new spices to the story. And as I already mentioned, couples of updates ago, the best way to do it is, in my opinion, a new contender. Someone which can really rival Kendo (or Arato) and make him and the girls doubt.
I mean, as story slowly is heading towards resolution the individual threads naturally get untangled. Is there a game on this entire website that keeps you in the suspense until the very end? Ha! How many games on this website keep you in the suspense in the first place.

Also, all of you guys who didn't like Rin update are fake and gay, FIGHT ME AAAAARGHH

Reactions: Big Daddy

jaden000

May 30, 2020

That just makes the NTR even sweeter

Reactions: Federok88

FlyingJudgeman

Apr 18, 2020

I disagree on that point. YOU might find the story to be slackening because the part YOU very much enjoy isn't very prominent anymore. But imagine the alternative, wouldn't it be boring for Mary to STILL be undecided on her wishes. She has spent more than half the game deliberating.
The story has entered a different arc. Kendo has won over Mary and will win over many other because he is now the "King of Summer". The story is about him being that king and why he has earned and will continue to earn that title. While you have your opinion, I like that the story is now about Kendo wooing other women with the help of Mary, whilst also helping those women live fulfilling lifes.

Kysky

Nov 22, 2020
I disagree on that point. YOU might find the story to be slackening because the part YOU very much enjoy isn't very prominent anymore. But imagine the alternative, wouldn't it be boring for Mary to STILL be undecided on her wishes. She has spent more than half the game deliberating.
The story has entered a different arc. Kendo has won over Mary and will win over many other because he is now the "King of Summer". The story is about him being that king and why he has earned and will continue to earn that title. While you have your opinion, I like that the story is now about Kendo wooing other women with the help of Mary, whilst also helping those women live fulfilling lifes.
Of course Mary can't be undecisive for 5 hours of gameplay, but now that she sits confortably under the influence of Kendo she becomes nothing else than a secondary character the time Kendo does every girl, she is his assistant in this endeavor of being the king of summer. But wouldn't it be better if there was more than one pretender for the throne ? Is this path going to be THAT easy for him ?
As an NTR game, this is a good thing to widen the amount of girls to be concerned by this fate of cheating. But I just feel like seeing Mary cheating again on Kendo would give the game more drama, and would place her at the center of the story again.

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Stopping by to say I appreciate the feedback being given here, specially since it's all in good faith. I am open to criticism as long as it's not conveyed in a hostile manner hahaha.

I understand the feeling that the stakes might be a tad low at the moment. And rest assured, I've got a few plot developments planned (and have been planned for a while) that'll offer some twists to the main story.

However, I decided to dedicate the next few updates to developing the other heroines first, which sadly means leaving Mary on a secondary role for a while. But she'll have plenty to do (and Arato too, his role in Kendo's route is not done).

Federok88

May 23, 2022
Satoshi is also unlikeable, so the majority of the viewers are rooting for Kendo.
I disagree with you in that because of the implication that Kendo is unlikeable. Kendo is very likeable, he is charming, charismatic, self-aware and can be generous but two things can be true at the same time, Kendo can be likeable and also a self-serving piece of shit.

Satoshi is not a bad person at worst he is a sloppy and neglectfull boyfriend who is very easy to manipulate, but that couple with the way he reacts to conflic or blames others for his own insecurities and how he can fuck up royaly during the Arato situation, make him very unlikeable.

Then you have Arato who has no redeeming quality and is both unlikeable and a piece of shit.

Personally i think that good netorare has to strike a balance. If the victim fully deserves his fate and the perpretator" comes of as some sort of hero, then that really makes the edge off the corruption and suffering that characteristic of netorare have less of an impact.

So far (in my opinion) this game has done a good job with that balance.

However, I decided to dedicate the next few updates to developing the other heroines first, which sadly means leaving Mary on a secondary role for a while. But she'll have plenty to do (and Arato too, his role in Kendo's route is not done).
My man you have my trust but if you release a Hanako update before the holiday i swear i will rise a glass of Johny Walker to you on both christmas and New Years Eve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Daddy
Aug 16, 2017
Kendo & Kaoru is the scene I'm hanging out to see. Even better in a threesome with Rin or Mary. Ah what the hell, Christmas is coming, lets hope for a big gift and make it a foursome.

Mar 29, 2020
Idk about you guys but, Kendo's stomach is just wrong. It's like a fat guy drew chiseled lines on his belly/had some weird cosmetic surgery to make it look like he has abs. And don't get me started about that unrealistic dick which is more of a lethal weapon than a penis. And how any women blowing him have to somehow manage to unhinge their jaw like they're a snake or something just to fit it inside their mouths... ugh.

Reactions: Wizmoe

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Hey guys does someone know where i can delete my save files? i installed new versions but my old saves keep popping up :/
You need to delete them from the root RenPy saves folder.

The address inside your PC should be something like this:

C:\Users\[youruser]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Resort-1656709687

Reactions: Roadrunner54321

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Idk about you guys but, Kendo's stomach is just wrong. It's like a fat guy drew chiseled lines on his belly/had some weird cosmetic surgery to make it look like he has abs. And don't get me started about that unrealistic dick which is more of a lethal weapon than a penis. And how any women blowing him have to somehow manage to unhinge their jaw like they're a snake or something just to fit it inside their mouths... ugh.

4.00 star(s) 54 Votes