Orumaito2001

Sep 16, 2020
Does anyone remember Uncle bringing up that "Satoshi isn't ready yet" after Kendo saves Mary from the Aratou route? I figured this realization would be the catalyst to any of the Kendo specific endings, but that's not how it has gone down for either Kendo ending so far.

I thought it would be something like "Oh Satoshi realized he just needed to let go of his insecurities and be himself" for the winning Mary back ending, or perhaps "Satoshi finally realized that it was all hopeless, Mary is mine now" for the NTR route, or "Satoshi finally realized he was a cuck" for the NTS route.

But this 'realization' branch of the story seems to have rotted into a stump. It's a shame because I think that plot device would have been interesting and served the story better than what we have currently.

Also I have to say, both of the current endings were pretty lack luster as far as endings go. I expected a lot more humiliation to finally get Satoshi to hate Mary and leave her, instead it just fizzled out like a sparkler on a windy night.
Have present that the many stages of the story are being changed over time. So it's probably some things fit better in the future.
Also I don´t think is possible for Satoshi to suffer a bigger humiliation than the revelation one, it was just him not letting Mary go

Orumaito2001

Sep 16, 2020
Can someone spoil me whether the MC finds out what his GF is doing behind his back and will it turn into a netorase situation?
The game is mostly, and I mean like 97% NTR, the mc knows the truth eventually but the only netorase thing is an ending so far, also some non consensual swinging

Emptyplanet

Dec 5, 2020
The game is mostly, and I mean like 97% NTR, the mc knows the truth eventually but the only netorase thing is an ending so far, also some non consensual swinging
There's some NTS content regarding uncle and that other couple whose names I forget. And that NTS ending isn't implemented - there are some NTS choices in the build up to Satoshi's choice which basically just amounts to choosing whether or not to masturbate.

Reactions: Orumaito2001

MilkyWay5

Oct 11, 2020
I really don't understand what was the idea with this game? don't get me wrong the sex scenes are good, the sounds and animations are amazing. No gameplay really but it's a visual novel so it's whatever. But like was there not a better way to handle the main story?

So like it starts with uncle's path being the NTR path, but then the new villain comes in and then the uncle path that you're been playing for many hours suddenly becomes the "good guy" path? And you have to switch the villain in the middle of the story if you want to continue with a more NTR-themed story? So basically throwing out the window all the character development that was done so far?

But then even if you don't want that and you want to continue with uncle you're still forced to have Mary fuck the new guy before going back to uncle, you can't turn it down? So even in that situation Mary ends up looking very shallow, she basically fucks whoever comes along so all the relationship building from the start with uncle meant nothing?

It's perfectly fine having multiple routes of course, but it makes a lot more sense to just choose your route at the beginning of the game and sticking with it. You can have a "vanilla" route, one for "soft" NTR with swinging or whatever and another one with "evil" NTR? I assume that the game was conceptualized with only the uncle route initially, and then the dev had the idea of adding another character, but then why not just make that a choice at the beginning of the game, rather than this weird thing where you're forced to play super far into one route before switching to the other one? Idk I think this could've been implemented better

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
So like it starts with uncle's path being the NTR path, but then the new villain comes in and then the uncle path that you're been playing for many hours suddenly becomes the "good guy" path? And you have to switch the villain in the middle of the story if you want to continue with a more NTR-themed story? So basically throwing out the window all the character development that was done so far?
Wow, really? I havent gotten that far into the game, but I hope its not such a big retcon. No matter how kind and easy going and social the uncle appears to be, deep down he is an evil ntr bastard. He craves dominance and the bitter jealousy of others, even his nephew's, brings him joy. Him becoming the romance/wholesome choice, and the new guy the bad, corrupting choice ruins all that was before, and Satoshi becomes completelly irrelevant to the story, nothing more than a bystander.

MilkyWay5

Oct 11, 2020
Wow, really? I havent gotten that far into the game, but I hope its not such a big retcon. No matter how kind and easy going and social the uncle appears to be, deep down he is an evil ntr bastard. He craves dominance and the bitter jealousy of others, even his nephew's, brings him joy. Him becoming the romance/wholesome choice, and the new guy the bad, corrupting choice ruins all that was before, and Satoshi becomes completelly irrelevant to the story, nothing more than a bystander.
Well not exactly "wholesome" but yeah there's that contrast that's created on purpose between uncle who is a bit nicer and the other guy who really doesn't give a shit and uses more evil methods. I wish they would just move the new guy's content to the beginning of the game and give the player the choice to choose the villain before anything sexual happens and then you would stick with it until the end. You'll see it when you play I guess but that whole sequence is odd, with Mary hopping from one guy to the other so quickly and without the proper build-up.

Reactions: bucefala

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Well not exactly "wholesome" but yeah there's that contrast that's created on purpose between uncle who is a bit nicer and the other guy who really doesn't give a shit and uses more evil methods. I wish they would just move the new guy's content to the beginning of the game and give the player the choice to choose the villain before anything sexual happens and then you would stick with it until the end. You'll see it when you play I guess but that whole sequence is odd, with Mary hopping from one guy to the other so quickly and without the proper build-up.
Arato's content is definitely a tad awkward in terms of when it happens, something I'm still planning to work on in the future. A small tweak on the order of events, for example.

However, there's a reason why his content is necessary for Kendo's (the Uncle) path, but sadly it won't be immediately obvious until I start working on the next big ending sequence.

MilkyWay5

Oct 11, 2020
Arato's content is definitely a tad awkward in terms of when it happens, something I'm still planning to work on in the future. A small tweak on the order of events, for example.

However, there's a reason why his content is necessary for Kendo's (the Uncle) path, but sadly it won't be immediately obvious until I start working on the next big ending sequence.
I see, interesting. I imagine that has something to do with them being business partners in the past, I think something like that was mentined. Btw I just played the Kendo ending for the first time and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hikage255

Aug 29, 2017
On android, I'm getting a hard crash at the same spot in the scene when hanako, and Mary run into hanakos dad after her first sex with kendo.

sesystems

Jul 2, 2020
No Try Studios what is this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\\udcc2\udce1\udce3\udce3\udcdd\udceb\udce7\udcf2\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/tokens\\upgraded.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 536, in main
renpy.savetoken.upgrade_all_savefiles()
File "renpy/savetoken.py", line 251, in upgrade_all_savefiles
with open(upgraded_txt, "a") as f:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\\udcc2\udce1\udce3\udce3\udcdd\udceb\udce7\udcf2\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/tokens\\upgraded.txt'

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307
King of Summer 0.4.20-full
Sun Aug 4 15:17:51 2024

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
No Try Studios what is this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 536, in main
renpy.savetoken.upgrade_all_savefiles()
File "renpy/savetoken.py", line 251, in upgrade_all_savefiles
with open(upgraded_txt, "a") as f:

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307
King of Summer 0.4.20-full
Sun Aug 4 15:17:51 2024
Could be a few things. I've seen this error happen whenever you're trying to access files in a folder that you no longer have permission to access or modify. Try running the game as administrator and see if it helps.

Reactions: Diegoz

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.4.20

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

Size 1219 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .

Game Developers: Want to talk about an official Android version for your game? Come join my Discord.
Updated my android port.

3.90 star(s) 57 Votes