trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
The font is beyond god awful. If you like me hate the font change it via gui.rpy file to something like times.tff. Game is not off to a good start

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
So... After reading the first bit, I have to ask. Is there a prequel or prologue or whatever that I missed, which those questions at the beginning are based on, or...?
This has been explained already in previous posts.

Also, I'll look into finding a more readable font. Didn't think it was that unreadable as it was never mentioned during testing so I presumed it was all good.

Jun 8, 2017
I had to change the font as well, barely readable. But I just picked a font I could read easily and renamed it to the one you're using instead of changing the gui.rpy file. Honestly, if you like the font then keep it just make a place in the preferences that will let us swap the font to something else if we don't like it.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Here font change. check pics if you like then download that and unpack and put in game folder.
or find a font you like and change name to mael.ttf and put in game folder.
tons of font in this site.

TheKingdom 2019-06-27 02-47-44-57.jpg

Reactions: 8873672413434

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This has been explained already in previous posts.

Also, I'll look into finding a more readable font. Didn't think it was that unreadable as it was never mentioned during testing so I presumed it was all good.
While I do think a better font could be used, I don't think it's so bad, since it's used for the names of characters. However, if most people are complaining, you might consider some of these instead (if you still want it stylized).
  • Fancy medieval serifs:
  • Less intricate medieval fonts:

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
While I do think a better font could be used, I don't think it's so bad, since it's used for the names of characters. However, if most people are complaining, you might consider some of these instead (if you still want it stylized).
  • Fancy medieval serifs:
  • Less intricate medieval fonts:
Thanks, I needed to change a little bit of the coding anyway, so I went with a font that the majority should be able to read (Comforta) - No biggy. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll keep them in mind.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I tried to start this today, but after reading over the explanation, I'll just wait until you have translated the RPGM stuff into the game. It's currently like trying to jump into the middle of a book. I have none of the investment in the characters that the MC clearly has built already because I'm missing the beginning from my knowledge.

I'll keep watch on this and check back when you've got the beginning redone.

Also as others have said, the font. Just no. I understand wanting something more medieval but there's got to be something without all the rounding that hooks all the letters together into a mess. Look at the font that Kthulian used for Ataegina, something like that would be better.

Last edited:

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I like the game font notwithstanding (I used a fix so all good now) my only real complaint is the ever present and often blank text box especially during sex scenes it just gets in the way even if it is semitransparent

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Gotta agree with everyone else, the new font is horrible.
Also, is it just me or did the quality of the renders drop considerably?

The lighting and shading seems completely flat and lifeless in the new update.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Gotta agree with everyone else, the new font is horrible.
Also, is it just me or did the quality of the renders drop considerably?

The lighting and shading seems completely flat and lifeless in the new update.
I didn't want to come across too negative but to me the renders seemed out of place. The women wear stylized clothing, had their hair done with product, and I even saw what I think was jeans on one.

Plus the prince walks around the castle in full armor.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is this game still under development? I don't see new information anymore. Version 0.6.5 hasn't been released to the public until now on his patreon page.
Here's the latest I've seen:

Game Development
Hey guys,
Just figured I would give you a quick update - Everything is going smoothly with this update. You may notice some huge overhaul changes when I release. Which I hope you like. Old saves will not work in this update. I predict it will be about 600+ renders long.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
/
Update/Preview

Hey guys,
Sorry for the lack of information this month, but I have been super busy with the update. I am redoing the version 0.1-3 and adding them into the game as I said I would. I have also redone the whole code. Change the game system, so that you can explore more freely. I hope you like what I have done when it is released.
I predict the whole thing to be completed around 12th-13th Aug.

Last edited: