Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Hey guys I've been thinking of giving this game another shot, especially the VK version. I know this is a silly question but can I expect to run Windows XP on it or not? It installs fine but then I get an error message related to Lua.
Why are you still running Windows XP?

• Haha
Reactions: TrappComics

ElfLover23

Feb 1, 2021
Why are you still running Windows XP?
I was waiting for my main PC to get finished building. There was a Windows 10 PC I had with an RX 6600 but I know that stuff like Nvidia PhysX doesn't work on AMD and also the drivers were busted and broke a lot of games and I was too lazy to rollback since I had a new PC coming in.

This Windows XP PC has an i5-2500K, GTX 950, and 4GB of RAM. It's running a special edition called "Windows XP Integral edition" which let's it use SATA drives as well so it's running on a 512GB SATA SSD. That's kinda crappy but I remember I ran TK17 on much worse (an AMD-A10-6700 with a GT710). As R0y pointed out, OpenGL works fine but I was curious if Hook5 for example could be made to work since it had the user install a filed called d3d8.dll which implies DirectX 8 and well Windows XP runs DirectX 8 games just fine. It turns out that's a ruse because I checked the hook5 extended download to see maybe hook5 basic was just busted or something and then I found out from the readme from that download that hook5 actually uses DirectX 11 but for some reason calls itself DirectX 8. From this I figured out I should just forget about it and be happy with OpenGL on that PC.

I have that PC running XP because occasionally I want to run 16-bit programs (like maybe Turbo Pascal or the Original Command and Conquer) and games that don't work properly on Windows 10 such as Star Trek Elite Force 2.

Don't worry though, I have my new PC coming in soon and it has an RTX 3060 12GB, so I think it'll run VK or Hook5 just fine. I was just curious.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I was waiting for my main PC to get finished building. There was a Windows 10 PC I had with an RX 6600 but I know that stuff like Nvidia PhysX doesn't work on AMD and also the drivers were busted and broke a lot of games and I was too lazy to rollback since I had a new PC coming in.

This Windows XP PC has an i5-2500K, GTX 950, and 4GB of RAM. It's running a special edition called "Windows XP Integral edition" which let's it use SATA drives as well so it's running on a 512GB SATA SSD. That's kinda crappy but I remember I ran TK17 on much worse (an AMD-A10-6700 with a GT710). As R0y pointed out, OpenGL works fine but I was curious if Hook5 for example could be made to work since it had the user install a filed called d3d8.dll which implies DirectX 8 and well Windows XP runs DirectX 8 games just fine. It turns out that's a ruse because I checked the hook5 extended download to see maybe hook5 basic was just busted or something and then I found out from the readme from that download that hook5 actually uses DirectX 11 but for some reason calls itself DirectX 8. From this I figured out I should just forget about it and be happy with OpenGL on that PC.

I have that PC running XP because occasionally I want to run 16-bit programs (like maybe Turbo Pascal or the Original Command and Conquer) and games that don't work properly on Windows 10 such as Star Trek Elite Force 2.

Don't worry though, I have my new PC coming in soon and it has an RTX 3060 12GB, so I think it'll run VK or Hook5 just fine. I was just curious.
Ahhh ok. I only asked because Windows XP has vulnerabilities out the ass and its probably not the safest thing to be running, but it seems you know what you are doing.

Reactions: ElfLover23

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I was messing around with some custom addons and somehow broke my game. Running VX (patch P?) without Hook. I created a new body mesh in blender and changed the body01.bsb file in my addon folder before closing the game. When I went to start the game again, I now get these as the startup window:

1724136008669.png 1724136016528.png

If I try to run them, I just get a black window for a minute or so and then the .exe fails.

I found this in the logs:
1724136137322.png

Looks like those files exist but are in .zip files:
1724136195522.png

And I have the following setting, which I'm assuming allows these .zip files to be used:
1724136252533.png

Any idea what I broke / how to fix?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2017
I was messing around with some custom addons and somehow broke my game. Running VX (patch P?) without Hook. I created a new body mesh in blender and changed the body01.bsb file in my addon folder before closing the game. When I went to start the game again, I now get these as the startup window:

View attachment 3949077 View attachment 3949079

If I try to run them, I just get a black window for a minute or so and then the .exe fails.

I found this in the logs:
View attachment 3949080

Looks like those files exist but are in .zip files:
View attachment 3949081

And I have the following setting, which I'm assuming allows these .zip files to be used:
View attachment 3949082

Any idea what I broke / how to fix?

Thanks
Hi Val
Let`s try this few steps to fix your game:

#01 = Do you tried to run the game without the addon you instaled? try this and see if works

#02 = Then if the option 1 didn`t worked, try to open OPMAN, and enable FAILSAFE MODE, if this works, it means that you have a corrupted or broken file, inside your addons folder, that might be this body you created or other thing.

#03 = You open your REGEDIT, search for the KLUB-10 (HKEY_CURRENT_USER / SOFTWARE / TEAMK17 / Klub-10) and delete all the RED icons except for the InstallPath, then go into your binaries folder, and click to run the launcher, the ``green`` one with the female face, after this only use TK17-158.001.exe if you use hook5

#04 = Add me on , send me this body you created and i will see if there`s a problem with you body code, i will try to fix, also sending you feedback via conversation, screeshot and etc... xD

#05 = LAST OPTION!! you completely re-install the game again from scrath...

Reactions: valkaree99

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Hi Val
Let`s try this few steps to fix your game:

#01 = Do you tried to run the game without the addon you instaled? try this and see if works

#02 = Then if the option 1 didn`t worked, try to open OPMAN, and enable FAILSAFE MODE, if this works, it means that you have a corrupted or broken file, inside your addons folder, that might be this body you created or other thing.

#03 = You open your REGEDIT, search for the KLUB-10 (HKEY_CURRENT_USER / SOFTWARE / TEAMK17 / Klub-10) and delete all the RED icons except for the InstallPath, then go into your binaries folder, and click to run the launcher, the ``green`` one with the female face, after this only use TK17-158.001.exe if you use hook5

#04 = Add me on , send me this body you created and i will see if there`s a problem with you body code, i will try to fix, also sending you feedback via conversation, screeshot and etc... xD

#05 = LAST OPTION!! you completely re-install the game again from scrath...
Thanks for responding, great suggestions!

Turns out there was a '2.158.001_wip' folder under Archives, that was created by the Blender TK Importer tool. HDiddy helped me diagnose it and once I removed that folder everything worked.

Reactions: AgentKE and HDiddy

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I'm trying to use V11 but the body mod I created isn't loading properly, and instead the model is using the standard body. This is what it should look like (in VX), and mainly has updates to the butt and legs:
vX.1.jpg

But in V11 I get this, which is just the standard body:
v11.1.jpg

Attached is the mod from my Addons folder. Do I need to do something different for it to work in V11?

Also I don't see 'lighting options' in the V11 customer dialog (see pics). Is that somewhere else, and/or will it be added?

Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: AgentKE

tek17

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'm trying to use V11 but the body mod I created isn't loading properly, and instead the model is using the standard body. This is what it should look like (in VX), and mainly has updates to the butt and legs:
View attachment 3963739

But in V11 I get this, which is just the standard body:
View attachment 3963742

Attached is the mod from my Addons folder. Do I need to do something different for it to work in V11?

Also I don't see 'lighting options' in the V11 customer dialog (see pics). Is that somewhere else, and/or will it be added?

Thanks
Anything concerning V11, please go to our official or channel.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes